Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:15 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Open Carry is THE Battleground for Gun Rights 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/11/robert-farago/memo-gun-rights-advocates-open-carry-stfu/

Quote:
While I appreciate the tactical advantages of concealed carry, it’s time to face facts: open carry is THE battleground for American gun rights. Not supporting the NRA. Not voting for pro-gun politicians. Not winning court battles restoring Americans’ natural, civil and Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Openly carrying firearms.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:46 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So, what is your stance? Most of you know I'm an OC advocate for the most part. What I carry (full size 1911), and how I dress (tucked in polo shirt) pretty much limits concealed. In over five years never had an issue with police, business, or general public. Most of the time when I get comments, are just basic questions, or how one elderly lady commented (with approval) on my grips (laser engraved US Army). As a group I don't see an issue with us showing the general public that we are normal people doing normal things, but carry a gun for the same reason we use seat-belts -Safety. :patriot:

Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:38 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

If people acted like adults when OCing then I think this would be a better stance. For the most part, those glory hounds on the Utubes and internets seem to be looking for attention. Maybe they were not held enough as a child. The bottom line is they define us. We have no problem OCing because we don't have an axe to grind or not trying to "See what the police response will be". Fair enough that some folks are cop magnets though.

If this was a true MOVEMENT then we would have to go full on OCing. F the job, F the family, F the world. Just do it and never look back. The reality is most, if not all, would lose our job. Most, if not all, would lose most of our family. And to tell you the truth. It is not that important to most people. Some can do it because they have a job, or no job, that allows it. Some could care less if they lost family over it. But that is not the majority.

I support OC. I OC. It is not what defines me.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:11 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
So, what is your stance? Most of you know I'm an OC advocate for the most part. What I carry (full size 1911), and how I dress (tucked in polo shirt) pretty much limits concealed. In over five years never had an issue with police, business, or general public. Most of the time when I get comments, are just basic questions, or how one elderly lady commented (with approval) on my grips (laser engraved US Army). As a group I don't see an issue with us showing the general public that we are normal people doing normal things, but carry a gun for the same reason we use seat-belts -Safety. :patriot:

I open carry about 95 percent of the time. I wear my OWB holster and will sometimes have my jacket over the weapon itself, but it's very rare that I will actually put on the IWB and cover it. Part of it is comfort, that's where the gun just "feels right". Part of it is a belief that exposing the public to the presence of firearms is important for our 2nd Amendment rights. Talking with people about the 2A, I've heard several times something along the lines of "No one carries a gun anymore". People simply don't realize how many of us there really are. I see the value of CC, and I don't disdain people who choose it, but for me, OC is the best way, and I think important, especially in the current political state.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:06 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]