Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:33 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Review of LowPriceGuns 

snozzberries wrote:
So is it even possible to buy a NIB firearm and keep it NIB?

If something isn't common knowledge, that's what owners manuals are for. When you see a firearm that belongs to somebody else, do you just pick it up and start messing with it? Or do you ask them about it and learn?

I've purchased 7 firearms from 7 different FFL's(I know, not many), and this was the only experience I was disappointed in. Just came here to share my thoughts and see if my expectations were unreasonable. Glad to hear others haven't had the same.

It depends on what you consider NIB, a new car was driven off a ship but it's still considered new. I remember one customer (during the brief time I worked at a gun counter) changing his mind on a pistol after hearing all the guns were removed from their boxes before sale. For most people they would still consider it to be a new pistol.

I'm really lost on the pulling back the slide. That's a really odd quirk that may only exist on the Seecamp, odd because it can be a safety issue if you don't have a magazine handy to help clear the gun. I suppose if the manual of arms is that specific, it would help to include some kind of warning in large letters from the manufacturer.

Good luck with the Seecamp, very interesting pistols and ahead of their time.

EDIT: It appears with the Seecamp pistols you can retract the slide only a bit with the magazine removed. This is so that the gun is rendered useless when unloaded and ensures the gun is not loaded from anywhere but the magazine.

Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So did Jack Hammer actually damage the gun?

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
So did Jack Hammer actually damage the gun?

I don't think so. I haven't fired it yet, but I did disassemble it last night and it appears to function fine.

sreyemj wrote:
I'm really lost on the pulling back the slide. That's a really odd quirk that may only exist on the Seecamp, odd because it can be a safety issue if you don't have a magazine handy to help clear the gun. I suppose if the manual of arms is that specific, it would help to include some kind of warning in large letters from the manufacturer.

EDIT: It appears with the Seecamp pistols you can retract the slide only a bit with the magazine removed. This is so that the gun is rendered useless when unloaded and ensures the gun is not loaded from anywhere but the magazine.

How to safely unload the firearm:
How you do it wrong and break it:
Why you read the instructions and don't cycle the action on an empty magazine a bunch:

Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bottom line, Yo Diddle didn't know your gun from a HiPoint. Opening and even checking the chamber, (If you know how), OK. Jack Hammering the slide is not acceptable with any of my guns unless you know what you are doing.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:10 am
FFL / Dealer

Jason here... owner Lowpriceguns.

I apologize that someone here racked the slide more than once to do a safety check.

I have had all of my employees read this forum to try and correct some of the issues brought up.

So I have told all my employees to not rack customers guns more than once for safety checks, and to turn around away from customers when reading SS#'s or step into back when reading if possible.

For 12 years, my goal has been to provide Nordstroms Service at Real Discount Pricing. I appreciate feedback so we can work on improvement.

Thu May 26, 2016 3:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Jason!

Thu May 26, 2016 6:41 pm

If I knew the owner would bend over backwards for the liberals, help spending misinformation and call a standard mag "Hi-Capacity Magazine", I would have never shopped at LowPriceGuns.

Shopping experience is the worst I have had. Absolutely no communication with customer, does not respond to emails. I tried several times to get a person on the phone and they weren't able to give me any useful information but "manager is not here".

Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3