Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:58 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Rideshare Insurance 

I know that some of you are using your vehicles for ridesharing through #Uber, #Lyft, etc. Safeco just introduced a new endorsement for your private vehicles to cover gaps that maybe currently present in your policies. Please contact our office for more details if interested 206-248-5615

Nearly every carrier’s auto policies exclude coverage for incidents that occur when a personal vehicle is used to transport paying passengers, such as during ridesharing.

So if you’re a rideshare driver, generating extra income or maybe even working full-time using your personal vehicle to transport others. You love the freedom of setting your own hours and traversing the city with interesting people in tow. What you might not love? The gap in your auto insurance coverage that happens when you drive for a transportation network company (TNC), such as Uber or Lyft.

Ararat Insurance Service
206-248-5615
http://www.araratinsurance.com

Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:00 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome Sam! A few of our members are Ride share drivers, so thanks for the heads up!

Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:09 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks, Dan

Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:41 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Welcome Sam.
Never thought of that before.

Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sam is correct; I'm an agent for another company, and we're still catching up with ridesharing along with other disruptive changes like AirBnB.

Anytime you start using your personal property for business purposes you should contact your insurance agent/company. This means your home, your vehicles, boats, etc.

Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Doesn't Uber offer 1,000,000 coverage while ridesharing?

Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:07 pm

There are three parts in ride share insurance

First is when phone is off and you are using your car for personal use your insurance is covering you at that point
Some companies actually start getting question about tnc added and if you say yes they decline you and if you lie they will decline your claim since younlied on the application.

Second you go online with TNc you are conducting business your personal insurance doesn't cover you at that point and Uber only has limited liability so if your car is financed and you get in the accident you are pretty much screwed and will owe money to the bank or have to repair your car yourself.

Third is when you Have customer in the car that is when your Uber commercial insurance comes with liability of 1mil but comp/collision at 2500 deductible

I'll try get a picture posted tomorrow that will be visual of what I am talking about

I played with the numbers and it looks like on some test policies it came about $100 per year extra so it is up to you decide if that worth a risk or not .

Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tagged for review.

Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:19 pm

Safeco RideSharing Coverage™ is designed to provide coverage during the specific period of time when the driver has logged into the transportation network company’s application and is looking for a passenger, but has not accepted a request for transportation and no passenger is occupying the vehicle. During this time, the driver is not covered by the Safeco Auto policy, and only minimally if at all by the transportation network company’s policy.

With the endorsement, all coverages, optional coverages and coverage levels the customer purchased for the personal-use auto policy will extend during this period of time. For example, if the insured’s Safeco Auto policy includes liability, comprehensive, collision, Med Pay and UM/UIM, those coverages will be available.

The endorsement applies only to the vehicle identified for ridesharing and does not provide coverage for other vehicles on the Safeco Auto policy.

This new optional coverage is one way Safeco Insurance is embracing the “sharing economy” and working to provide comprehensive coverage solutions to help you meet the ever-changing needs of your customers.

for some reason having a hard time posting a picture, if anyone wants it i can email or text that.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And the price of that rider would be?

Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:42 am

playing with some policies additional premium for the rider was in the 75-100 per year change. it gets quoted as a personal policy and rider is just additional per vehicle, so far safeco had a pretty good prices, it competes very well with others.

i will be doing many of these policies in coming days so will know more accurate info shortly.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]