Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:18 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 USPS shipping... 

dennydp wrote:
On track is the worse.

I quit doing amazon one day delivery because on track was taking 10+ days. USPS is alright... I have somewhat of a feud going on with my postman at the moment so he doesn't quite respect the packages.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:04 pm

I have to say that every carrier messes up at some point. Your standard options for 'fixing it' and their customer service are what I remember the most.
I've had UPS and Fedex problems, moreso UPS, and I've always just been able to reschedule a delivery or have it left at a store or the hub and I can go get it.

USPS however has the WORST customer service and on the admittedly rare occasion that something goes wrong it is a nightmare to get it corrected.

Just ordered something from EMDOM in NY and they only use USPS Priority mail. Oh well, figured it'd be fine showing up to my apartment on Friday as estimated. Landlord has a great setup with all the carriers and I've never had a problem getting stuff.
Check the tracking Friday afternoon: "Business closed, held at post office, will reattempt next day business is open."
??
Ok, so maybe the landlord was out or something. But they have a parcel locker with a code so they can deliver stuff regardless. Oh well. Saturday they'll reattempt.
Nope.
Monday was MLK day.
Tuesday, no movement on tracking number.
I try calling post office from work. Just rings...for an entire hour I tried calling. It would ring for 4-5 minutes then hang up. Called another post office just to confirm I was barking up the right tree. No other phone number yields any different results.
So I drive downtown Tacoma, pay for parking, go in, wait in line. Tell the guy Im' there to pick up a package that's being held and try to show him my phone with the tracking number. He pushes it away and asks for my orange slip that the driver left. I said there was nothing left.
He goes in the back to 'look for it.' Comes back empty handed. I said according to the tracking it's there. So he checks a different spot. Still nothing. Says the driver must have it on the truck.
Go home that night, nothing. No updates on the tracking.
Wake up Wednesday morning: "Parcel marked returned to sender" in TN
WTF?!
I try calling again, no dice. Call the 1-800 number, no dice. Send an email.
Thursday I get an email saying it's being forwarded to someone who can help me. Friday morning I get a call from the local post office. She apologizes and says it was a temp driver who was derp derp. Said there's nothing she can do.
Call the 1-800 number again. 45 minutes on hold. Finally get a nice lady on the phone who is able to issue a redeliver notice. Package goes from TN to Kent,WA in a day by Saturday morning.
Monday I check the tracking number: "Returned to sender in NY"
Goddamnit
Spends two days in NY before it's finally updated to "Awaiting pickup" in NY which means it's out of their hands now.

EMDOM finally picks it up by Wednesday afternoon and sends me a canned email with an invoice asking for an additional $23 for shipping. I pay it and ask if there's any recourse for getting a refund out of USPS since they messed up. They write me back and say to put a note in the comments field of my NEXT order and they'll give me a discount. Fuck no.

I go through all the same steps of trying to get ahold of anyone at USPS. Finally have to do another email just to get the local post office to call me back. She confirms I have to drive down there, pay for parking, and fill out a request form to get my $23 back. I'd almost spend $23 just not to have to go downtown again.

Package was finally delivered that Saturday in good condition.

This is one of 3 similar scenarios I've had with USPS in the last year.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3