Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 994 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 67  Next
 Name That Tool 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
Old Jim wrote:
That, my friend, is an electric dog polisher.

This dog polisher was apparently not meant to be wielded upon an Ovcharka.
My dog is none too fond of you or me right now Jim.

Jim left out a word. When you figure out what word, you'll figure out why your dog is pissed.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That reminds me of an electric lawnmower my Granddad rigged up.

He had one motor that had a bad starting winding and another that had a good one but the rest of it was shot.

Connected the two together with a belt and they worked fine.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
Do you have a tool that you either never knew what it was, or forgot what it is?
Post it up here and we'll take a crack at it.

I have tended to collect tools, especially old ones. My wife is emptying my workshop out so I am being asked about things that I may have collected pre-Alzheimers.

I've held on to most of the tools that appear to be made out of a good quality steel for blacksmithing projects.

I'll start the show.

Named by Cruffler : St. Pierre Chain Corp, Worcester, Mass. giant chain plier

Length : 32"
Max opening of overlapping pincer part : 1-1/8"
Max opening of gripping part : 2-1/2"

Most commonly used for building tire chains for snow.

And you own an Ovcharka? Aren't those the dogs that look like a bear fucked a lion?

Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chains wrote:
And you own an Ovcharka? Aren't those the dogs that look like a bear fucked a lion?

Caucasian Mountain Dog is what you're thinking of. In Russian it's called the Kavkazkaya Ovcharka.

Ovcharka means a Shepherd dog. So "Nemetskaya Ovcharka" is German Shepherd.

But yes, these are the dogs that look like a bear and lion had intimate relations.

Great dogs though. Cousin in Russia has one guarding the yard and one his shop.

It will annihilate anything that's not supposed to be there. But if it knows you, it's like hugging a a cloud of fluff.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We played this game on another forum which closed shop several years ago.

Here's a "tool" that I'll bet lots have heard of it's action but don't know why it was used.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:01 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Looks like a fireplace bellows but with the attachments I bet its for Hi-colonics.

:runforthehills:

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
Looks like a fireplace bellows but with the attachments I bet its for Hi-colonics.

:runforthehills:

You're close but not there yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For pumping old pre-charged air rifles?

Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:32 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Chains wrote:

I have been conditioned to think of the situation as we're a pack, and as soon as I fall from Alpha I'll be unceremoniously consumed.

RusoArmo wrote:
Caucasian Mountain Dog is what you're thinking of. In Russian it's called the Kavkazkaya Ovcharka.

But yes, these are the dogs that look like a bear and lion had intimate relations.

It will annihilate anything that's not supposed to be there. But if it knows you, it's like hugging a a cloud of fluff.

That is good information. We have the Kavkazkaya Ovcharka. I wasn't aware that the Ovcharka part meant "shepherd." Thank you Ruso.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
That is good information. We have the Kavkazkaya Ovcharka. I wasn't aware that the Ovcharka part meant "shepherd." Thank you Ruso.

Happy to help.

That must have been difficult to find. I knew you could find them in the States but usually in the multiple thousand range.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:46 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

RusoArmo wrote:
PMB wrote:

Happy to help.

That must have been difficult to find. I knew you could find them in the States but usually in the multiple thousand range.

She was spendy. My Missus thinks it would be about the same cost to buy a good stock male from Russia and have him flown over. (I think she was still talking about the dog, but I've been on my best behavior just in case.)

Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
RusoArmo wrote:
PMB wrote:

Happy to help.

She was spendy. My Missus thinks it would be about the same cost to buy a good stock male from Russia and have him flown over. (I think she was still talking about the dog, but I've been on my best behavior just in case.)

Since the brides have become flaky they've expanded into mail order husbands :peep:

Yeah I'm sure she was. My cousin brought a Gampr from Armenia. That was also expensive and a massive pain.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

deadshot2 wrote:

Here's a "tool" that I'll bet lots have heard of it's action but don't know why it was used.

There was a time that the bellows was used to pump smoke into the rectum as a cure for several conditions. Hense the phrase "blowing smoke up your ass"

I Believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies."
William Tyler Page 1917

Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Jim wrote:
deadshot2 wrote:

There was a time that the bellows was used to pump smoke into the rectum as a cure for several conditions. Hense the phrase "blowing smoke up your ass"

Gives new meaning to the phrase " Smoky Cheese ", too.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RusoArmo wrote:
Chains wrote:

Yeah, neighbor has one ... it tried to eat my boy.

Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 994 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 67  Next