Rix86 wrote:
At the wac pueyloop show

I see nothing. Dupe. Got the scoop?

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I went yesterday...
Makes me wonder why I renew my membership every year.
Don't these guys know everyone has the internets these days?
$800.00 used glocks. "It has night sights"
$925 for a used TC encore..Because of the "long range sniper scope"? A 3x9 Tasco.
I mean fuck.... really? I'm all for free market capitalism but the WAC has really gone down hill in the past couple years.

It's like that Dave Chappell skit if the Internet was a place...
If Armslist had an outlet store it would be the WAC shows

Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:33 am

Hey, Tasco is Tier One stuff, man.

Just kidding.

Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I go once or twice a year, and am disappointed every time.

Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
I go once or twice a year, and am disappointed every time.

:plusone:

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:37 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

This gun show complaint keeps popping up...
I don't get it. I go about once a month to Centralia, not the WAC. Maybe WAC is worse than the Centralia show? I very rarely leave empty-handed, and never felt compelled to buy something that was priced too high just for rareness or something.
There are several excellent sellers at Centralia. Marcusp23 and Rencorp share a nice table there. Good prices, lots and lots of goodies, and good company to boot.
Urbanminer is right across the aisle- same thing. Good prices, good interesting stuff, good visit. I see sales going on all the time, and none of the buyers look particularly low-IQ.

Sure, I see the whackadoodle prices too- But that is part of the Gun Show Charm! It's kind of like watching a crime drama comedy... Good serious stuff with enough laughs thrown in to keep a smile on your face until the next show.

Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gun shows - y'all are either a glass half full, or a glass half empty guy when you go to one.

Expectations often shape reality. i always see deals, and hilarious priced stuff at the show. You gotta lighten up, go for the entertainment value, and some occasional spectacular good deals.

Also, cut some of the non FFL old guys some slack - often, they over price stuff to just sit on the table so they can continue to attend - it is more of a social event for them to hang out with old buddies swapping lies and swatting flies. If they sell enough to cover their table rent, and supplement a shitty little pension check or woefully inadequate V.A. benefit, more power to them.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I look at it this way- I enjoy going because I always see a gun that I never knew existed or had the chance to see in person. I almost always find myself in a conversation with someone who has a much broader spectrum of gun knowledge so I learn something. Plus, I usually buy something.

Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I live close enough that it makes for cheap Saturday morning fun. So even if i dont come across any great deals it's not a big loss .
But I got a new in wrapper Lone Star Ordinance, Stowaway 2 , AR pistol grip
An early Colt A2 pistol grip. Two early Colt M16 pistol grip screws the goose neck mount and a Knights Armament rail cover. For a total of $18.00.
I had a good time. :thumbsup2:

Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm beginning to think people are blind. Or not looking at everything. Or something.
There were fucking deals for days.
I got an astra 400 for 210 bucks otd, a hi point 45 for 131 otd, a Hera stock set and some odds n ends.
Good show.

Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:28 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Kids and I let our memberships expire before 594.
What ruined it mostly was the 2 table rule.
Drove out all of the hobbyists, and filled it with retail priced FFL's and non gun related vendors.

That's a great deal on the hi-point 45.
I got mine from a doctor buddy for $125 with 3 mags, 2 side frame mag carriers, and a foregrip.
But I had to pay $25 transfer and $14 sales tax, so I'm at $164.
Reliable little fun carbine, kids like to shoot it when we go camping.

Rix86 wrote:
I'm beginning to think people are blind. Or not looking at everything. Or something.
There were fucking deals for days.
I got an astra 400 for 210 bucks otd, a hi point 45 for 131 otd, a Hera stock set and some odds n ends.
Good show.

Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pistol not carbine. My 9mm hi point also came from wac Puyallup. For 150. Trigger return spring was missing. Fixed with a bic pen right there at the show.

Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:21 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Maybe those guys with high prices don't really want to sell their stuff, but are just keeping the wives happy... "yes, dear, another show and nobody bought anything...I'll try harder next month"....

Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Beyond that......I saw a really nice inland m1 carbine (original, not the new one) with 895 on it sell for 660.
The astra had 250 on it.

Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next