Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:47 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 994 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 67  Next
 Name That Tool 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This had it's start in the late 1860's. I will post the answer in a few days IF someone does not know. There are a couple on here that should know what it is.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I Believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies."
William Tyler Page 1917

Thu May 18, 2017 1:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Crank for starting a car?

Thu May 18, 2017 2:17 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Gotta be a Kappernick.

Big knob on one end and from this angle looks fuckin useless.

:bigsmile:

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Thu May 18, 2017 2:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Primer pocket cleaner or reamer ??
:handload:

Thu May 18, 2017 3:26 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

The tool is a Worthless Barack.
Crooked, black knob, useless, shiny brass on one end, the rest being nothing more than a polished turd.

Thu May 18, 2017 3:33 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Looks hand made instead of machine bent.....is the shaft solid or a tube.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Thu May 18, 2017 3:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
I've been carrying these things around for several years and do not know what they were intended for. Something specific? Or made to bend and twist for special jobs? Why the square male drive? The FxF was attached to one when I picked them up at a flea market.

Removing the heads on a deuce (lol).

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu May 18, 2017 5:27 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

TechnoWeenie wrote:
PMB wrote:
I've been carrying these things around for several years and do not know what they were intended for. Something specific? Or made to bend and twist for special jobs? Why the square male drive? The FxF was attached to one when I picked them up at a flea market.

It figures you wouldn't know what those were....Ill bet they're 1/2, 9/16 and possibly 14 and 15mm if they're new enough.

Those Dieseldude are wrenches for loosening the hold down on gas motor distributors so a guy can adjust the timing.

Square male drive attaches two together for leverage.

Thu May 18, 2017 6:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:

Close with the dental stuff - but that's a vasectomy tool. One jaw grips up close to the nut, and the other, well, it's like a wire stripper...

:shush:

Thu May 18, 2017 7:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
PMB wrote:

It figures you wouldn't know what those were....Ill bet they're 1/2, 9/16 and possibly 14 and 15mm if they're new enough.

Those Dieseldude are wrenches for loosening the hold down on gas motor distributors so a guy can adjust the timing.

Square male drive attaches two together for leverage.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread ... y-new-tool!

People hand make those style wrenches to get at the head bolts on a deuce......

Oddball tools have more than one use ;)

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu May 18, 2017 8:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Another hint

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I Believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies."
William Tyler Page 1917

Thu May 18, 2017 9:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yondering wrote:
PMB wrote:

Close with the dental stuff - but that's a vasectomy tool. One jaw grips up close to the nut, and the other, well, it's like a wire stripper...

:shush:

You must have some awfully small nuts!

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu May 18, 2017 9:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Jim wrote:
Another hint

Bullet breech seater.

Thu May 18, 2017 10:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cruffler wrote:
Old Jim wrote:
Another hint

Bullet breech seater.

BINGO...... Target shooters used these for seating the bullet into the rifling. The bullet fits inside the cartridge case, which is then inserted into the chamber. The rod is angled to clear the action on a sharps or rolling block. The rod then pushes the bullet forward to engage. The tool is removed and a cartridge case, loaded with black powder and sealed with a fiber wad, is loaded into the chamber.
I would suspect Cruffler is a BPCR shooter or historian. Good Job.

William Tyler Page 1917

Fri May 19, 2017 8:10 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

^ Good stuff!

I bought a pallet of cargo restraint chains and snubbers for the chain... Have been removing the stock hooks and replacing with grab and slip hooks.
What are these hooks designed for? ("Cargo restraint." Thanks! haha) Anyone use these and know what they are used to attach to?

Fri May 19, 2017 12:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 994 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 67  Next