Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:41 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 DNR/ NRA Target shooting meeting UPDATE 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The meeting was well attended by 118 at my last count. Many goof points were addressed by the audience. A survey form was handed out as well as comment sheet along with questions and suggestions for the DNR to consider. A map and a couple photos were displayed showing the Tahuya locations that are under consideration.The 2 areas in Tahuya are Blacksmith lake and Hurd road. The Hurd road road area it across from the motorcycle staging area on Dewatto road. Each area is about 40 acres. I tried to get pics of the map etc, but could not get close enough to get one that was clear and readable.
I passed out nearly 50 WaGuns cards and left another 50-75 on the registration table.
Contact information can be found at their web sites http://www.dnr.wa.gov/TargetShooting or TargetShooting@dnr.wa.gov
Glenn Glover is the Planning and Development Manager and can be reached at 360-902-1604 or cell 360-688-6480. There is an e mail letter that one can sign up for and I spoke with Eryn Akers about getting the GPS coordinates for the areas included in the e letter so it could be lookup up on Google earth.
Keely Hopkins, the state liaison for the NRA Institute for Legislative action shared the table with me and was well informed re the plan. She asked several what our thoughts were and indicated they would be used. WEe shall see.
All in all it was well organized and received as far as I could tell.

UPDATE
Maps of the proposed locations. The red rectangles are the areas.

http://file.dnr.wa.gov/publications/amp ... _sites.pdf

http://file.dnr.wa.gov/publications/amp ... tb_map.pdf

http://file.dnr.wa.gov/publications/amp ... mh_map.pdf

I Believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies."
William Tyler Page 1917

Last edited by Old Jim on Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:49 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Old Jim wrote:
I passed out nearly 50 WaGuns cards and left another 50-75 on the registration table.

icon_eek

We're gonna need more donations.....

Just kidding. Jim, thanks for representing the site and the sport at the meeting!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BUMP UPDATED

I Believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies."
William Tyler Page 1917

Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]