Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:49 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Mike Palazzo 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is just down right sad. I can not even begin to imagine your frustration.
But I thank you for showing this guys lack of skill.
I believe a co-workers dad took in a rifle to have it re barreled by this very same guy.
And he had very simalar results.

Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:21 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

I hope I can see this objectively, despite the sad outcome. On one hand, Mr. Palazzo was a great gunsmith and long range competitor, in his younger days. In the past year he has broken his hip in a fall, and his eyesight is really poor. Some better lighting in his shop would help, but mostly, he needs to recognize his limitations and accept his failures. The problem I have is that he refuses to accept his mistakes and when confronted (even repeatedly) glosses over and explains what the customer can do to correct it! And yet, his shop is chock full of work waiting to be done. I really hope he performs better work on these rifles than mine...

Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:33 pm
Profile WWW

I have a rifle done by Mike a long long long time ago it is perfect. How old is he now 90? I sure hope he recovers from the fall.

Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:03 am

I would guess he is pushing late 70's. I suppose it is Buyer Beware, as with everything else.

Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:11 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

He did good work for me in the past. This is sad to,see

Sat May 21, 2016 7:18 pm

I stopped going to Palazzo after I had to take the last two guns he worked on to someone else to get it right. He was more interested in talking to his buddy in his shop than talking about my problem. That was the last chance the door of his shop had and chance to hit me in the ass.

Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I recently saw work of his where he destroyed a ZG47. A real shame.

Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This exactly the kind of work that caused me to start doing all my own work. The only work that gets done in another shop is work that REQUIRES a lathe. For that I use Benchmark and it almost always involves chambering and installing a new barrel

I do my own coating so I have nobody else to blame for improper prep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:33 am

deadshot- I learned the same lesson after my Palazzo and Williamson experiences.

At the prices being charged these days, there is simply no excuse for that kind of incompetence.

Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:10 am
Profile WWW

:cussing: Really wish I had seen all this before letting him have a couple projects of my own. First was a guide pin assy from a ruger american 9mm. Simple enough I thought and also left a priceless (to me) blackpowder project that had been my dads before he passed of cancer. barell was a custom SHARON. It needed the wedge assy and front sight installed. A week later I get a call saying he cant use the front sight and has LOST my SHARON rifle barell in his shop. After a few days of letting him look for it and letting anger and shock wear off a bit I called him again. Still no barell, and now refuses angrily to return the remaining parts of the project over the phone twice when asked. Said I should come in person. I did promptly and after getting another refusal and an angry reply I got the kent PD involved. Now at least I get the stock and almost all the other parts back but still no barell. promises police he will find it after the weekend. WTF. Oh, the Ruger pin assy turned out to be useless after having him re install the spring that wanted to come off. Ruger replaced it under warranty. Kudos to them. Unfortunately, after this weekend it looks like I may have to resort to court to get the barell back. Meanwhile although I may find another barell to replace it, it will never again be the same project. Gone from priceless to worthless. I am sure he was good in his day, but I too will not recommend bringing anything to Mr palazzo

Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:38 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to WaGuns, traveler58.

That sounds like an awful experience. Let us know how it turns out.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:52 am

MIKE IS BACK AND 1he is making 00% I am so glad he survived all the hip replacement and OMG his rifles are just like he was doing in the 70s and 80s. So glad to ha ve a true craftsman back after adversity

Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

kc0yef wrote:
MIKE IS BACK AND 1he is making 00% I am so glad he survived all the hip replacement and OMG his rifles are just like he was doing in the 70s and 80s. So glad to ha ve a true craftsman back after adversity

So he got a new Hip and that fixes everything? :popcorn:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:34 pm

Yeah, right...I wonder if Jim (kc0yef) has left any of his firearms with Mike? How is that "00%" progress going?

I once watched Mike "bore sight" a rifle and to get access to the turrets, he used a pair of Stanley Channel Lok pliers on the turret caps, scarring the beschizzle out of them. The poor owner stood there with open mouth and disbelief.

As stated in my original post: "you have been warned".

Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:48 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
kc0yef wrote:

So he got a new Hip and that fixes everything? :popcorn:

Well, he can dance now...

Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next