Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:41 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 USPSA @ WCA - Mar 6, 2018 

So, I've been gone for a while... I posted a video 2 weeks ago but I never made an announcement for it. Check out the new one as well as the last one while you are there! Also, stay tuned for what's to come and some videos I've failed to post (lost vault tapes). The upcoming lost vault videos will show the problems I've been battling with the G19. However, those issues have been resolved in this latest post and this win was a confidence booster. Glimpses of hope! LOL :thumbsup2:

Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How did you solve the G19 issues?

Btw, love watching these competition videos. Really want to get into that myself but the events are never at times where I can make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:56 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

That’s some good shooting, Darryl! thumbsup

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice!

Is WCA Tuesday night USPSA now? I guess it's easier for stage design.

What was with the 19 in the end, mag release?

Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:59 am

edogg wrote:

PinSniper wrote:

I was having a magazine dropping issue (I'll post those videos after next weekends video). I would reload and then fire a shot and suddenly the magazine would just fall straight out. It happened for months and since I didn't have my magazines numbered, I didn't know if it was one specific mag. After refusing (for months) to accept that it may be the gun, I took it completely apart and found a bent mag spring. Since the spring and release are cheap ($7 combined) I replaced both parts. I also separated the magazines and realized it was more with one particular mag. So, I also bought new mags (PMags) and brought them all out to the match above. It worked flawlessly again so now I can focus on shooting again instead of playing "magazine roulette". :wink05:

Last edited by Darryl on Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:41 pm

MadPick wrote:
That’s some good shooting, Darryl! thumbsup

Thanks MadPick! :thumbsup2:

Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:42 pm

PinSniper wrote:
Nice!

Is WCA Tuesday night USPSA now? I guess it's easier for stage design.

PinSniper, the first Tuesday of the month is USPSA. The remaining Tuesdays are IDPA.

Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It was good seeing you again Darryl!

Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Darryl wrote:
edogg wrote:

PinSniper wrote:

I was having a magazine dropping issue (I'll post those videos after next weekends video). I would reload and then fire a shot and suddenly the magazine would just fall straight out. It happened for months and since I didn't have my magazines numbered, I didn't know if it was one specific mag. After refusing (for months) to accept that it may be the gun, I took it completely apart and found a bent mag spring. Since the spring and release are cheap ($7 combined) I replaced both parts. I also separated the magazines and realized it was more with one particular mag. So, I also bought new mags (PMags) and brought them all out to the match above. It worked flawlessly again so now I can focus on shooting again instead of playing "magazine roulette". :wink05:

Yeah, I was in a squad with you at PB a couple months back. I recall you having trouble with more than one mag, but that was your words, you might have mixed the mag up. I still don't quite understand what was going on there, maybe it really was a very weak mag release spring.

Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:15 pm

Duke EB wrote:
It was good seeing you again Darryl!

It was good to see you again also Earl. I told you I'd get this video up. :wink05: I'll eventually post the ones with the mag drops also.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:50 pm

PinSniper wrote:
Yeah, I was in a squad with you at PB a couple months back. I recall you having trouble with more than one mag, but that was your words, you might have mixed the mag up. I still don't quite understand what was going on there, maybe it really was a very weak mag release spring.

I may had been mixing the same magazine over and over again. I didn't have them labeled like I do now. Lesson learned. I believe it was ultimately a weak mag release spring as the slightest bit of pressure/bump would drop the mag fall. Once I shook the stew out of the gun during dryfire to recreate recoil and was able to have them fall. Then I compared the sound of a mag seating to my wife's unfired Gen 5 and mine didn't sound ANYTHING like that. In fact, mine didn't really click at all. So, I just replaced everything. I have (and found spare mag releases) around the house but I just bought a new one anyway. I wanted that problem fixed as it has been going on long enough. lol

Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]