Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:36 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 One thing in common. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What one thing does every single mass-murderer, and serial killer have in common?

They are sociopaths.

Used to be sociopaths were more easily identifiable.

Everybody was brought up with certain 'social norms'.

A value for life, being one. Being polite. Taking responsibility for one's own actions. Respect for others. Etc.

We were taught these things first by our parents. Then by our teachers. And by others... Who first showed us examples, such as respecting us, even as they helped us along.

Those who were true sociopaths stood out. They ended up in mental institutions, or were kept an eye on, and limited in other ways. Sure plenty of them slipped by. Plenty of crime, even then. But not like now...

And when they DID slip through and do something truly heinous... Everyone KNEW that they, and only they, were responsible for what they did. Society wasn't at fault. The gun wasn't the cause. No one looked around for who or what was to blame. We KNEW who and what was to blame. The sociopath!

More and more, these 'norms' have been lost.

Parents don't parent any more.

Teachers teach a test. And push political agendas on the children.

As for the sociopaths, PC has slowly taught us to 'respect their rights', more than our own. You can't point them out. The poor things have problems and you have to 'respect' them enough to not point out their strange behaviour to others. (PC is a perversion of social norms.)

They have not only been shielded from responsibility for their actions, they have been shielded from the CONSEQUENCES of their actions.

They have more rights than their victims do. Have had, for several decades now, at least.

You want to stop school shootings? Start pointing out sociopaths again, and forcing them into treatment.

Start teaching kids to respect others. To respect life. To take responsibility for their own actions.

An admittedly hard row to hoe, given how many even adults refuse to take responsibility for their own actions. Or to give respect to others, deserved or not...

But we can all at least start shouting from the rooftops that it is the sociopath who is to blame for that school shooting! Don't let the blame be shifted. Hold their feet to the fire, in every arena, in every media. Don't let them be used as political fodder for leftist agendas. Stamp your feet, and say it was the sociopath that was to blame, and nothing else, no matter what anyone else says.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

they had a mom and dad.

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I listened to Ben Shapiro talk about this the other day. Interesting point. When JFK signed the Community Mental Health Centers Act in 1963 he made it almost impossible to lock up insane people, there were 500K being held that had not committed a crime. He reduced that to 120K. So all those nut jobs are now running free. The population was 190 mil. Today 322 mil. There are only 50k beds today. Tack on top of that all those psychos have been breeding. Their kids are likely just as messed up, muddying up the gene pool. I know that is a shitty thing to say, and is not always the case, but its true. So thank JFK for this mental health issue. He was a piece of shit person and this policy has had a detrimental effect on our country.

good reading

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/11/01/opini ... -cell.html

https://www.npr.org/2017/11/30/56747716 ... lth-crisis

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

But,

Mass murderers usually threaten school kids and crowds of normal folks.

Serial killers usually clean the world of bums n hookers.

I knda miss the days of the GRK and the canuk pig bros.

Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:58 pm

The one thing I find insane about everything is the great lengths someone has to go through to to get mental help in this country and that is for the people who willingly are asking for it. Many friends of mine who have relatives who aren’t well, who actually try to admit themselves into a hospital, who tell the people they think they are a danger to themselves and others get told their aren’t enough beds and turn them away. The state of Washington is spending more on cleaning up homeless encampments than they are on mental health but that isn’t saying much, they probably spent more on Governor Inslee’s foot powder than they did on mental health. It’s not just this state though, every state in the union has failed to fix the problem. I understand we have a right to personal freedom in this country, but as a “civilized nation” we need to take better care of mental health patients. Not just the ones who commit mass shootings, but also the slightly off people too. Therewould be a lot less homeless shamblers if they had better access to care and we all would look better for it and it would probably cost less than the monthly cleanup king county pays for the haz mat team to go through the jungle.

Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
What one thing does every single mass-murderer, and serial killer have in common?

They are sociopaths.

Used to be sociopaths were more easily identifiable.

Everybody was brought up with certain 'social norms'.

A value for life, being one. Being polite. Taking responsibility for one's own actions. Respect for others. Etc.

We were taught these things first by our parents. Then by our teachers. And by others... Who first showed us examples, such as respecting us, even as they helped us along.

Those who were true sociopaths stood out. They ended up in mental institutions, or were kept an eye on, and limited in other ways. Sure plenty of them slipped by. Plenty of crime, even then. But not like now...

And when they DID slip through and do something truly heinous... Everyone KNEW that they, and only they, were responsible for what they did. Society wasn't at fault. The gun wasn't the cause. No one looked around for who or what was to blame. We KNEW who and what was to blame. The sociopath!

More and more, these 'norms' have been lost.

Teachers teach a test. And push political agendas on the children.

As for the sociopaths, PC has slowly taught us to 'respect their rights', more than our own. You can't point them out. The poor things have problems and you have to 'respect' them enough to not point out their strange behaviour to others. (PC is a perversion of social norms.)

They have not only been shielded from responsibility for their actions, they have been shielded from the CONSEQUENCES of their actions.

They have more rights than their victims do. Have had, for several decades now, at least.

You want to stop school shootings? Start pointing out sociopaths again, and forcing them into treatment.

Start teaching kids to respect others. To respect life. To take responsibility for their own actions.

An admittedly hard row to hoe, given how many even adults refuse to take responsibility for their own actions. Or to give respect to others, deserved or not...

But we can all at least start shouting from the rooftops that it is the sociopath who is to blame for that school shooting! Don't let the blame be shifted. Hold their feet to the fire, in every arena, in every media. Don't let them be used as political fodder for leftist agendas. Stamp your feet, and say it was the sociopath that was to blame, and nothing else, no matter what anyone else says.

Well said Brother Selador, I agree 100%. :bow:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mcyclonegt wrote:
I listened to Ben Shapiro talk about this the other day. Interesting point. When JFK signed the Community Mental Health Centers Act in 1963 he made it almost impossible to lock up insane people, there were 500K being held that had not committed a crime. He reduced that to 120K. So all those nut jobs are now running free. The population was 190 mil. Today 322 mil. There are only 50k beds today. Tack on top of that all those psychos have been breeding. Their kids are likely just as messed up, muddying up the gene pool. I know that is a shitty thing to say, and is not always the case, but its true. So thank JFK for this mental health issue. He was a piece of shit person and this policy has had a detrimental effect on our country.

good reading

You bring up a point I like to bring up whenever this topic comes up. Population explosion. It's going on right now, all around us. Think about what your town looked like when you were a kid and look at what it has become today. For me that is the Snohomish County Puget Sound region. You wouldn't even recognize the Marysville/Smokey point areas from when I was a teenager. The population and growth is more than incredible, it's not sustainable. If this exponential level of growth and population explosion is going on everywhere, it only make sense that the reasonable percentage of mentally ill in our population has grown as well. While the increase in population of supposed "well adjusted" folk may be more subtle, the increased population of mentally ill certainly would not be as subtle. It only takes one. Couple that with the way today's mass media drives their agenda, whether it be anti 2A or the need to be politically correct or whatever and you have the makings for a sensational murder, mass killing, homicide or suicide story just about every day of the year.

Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:

Between 70-80%+ of all mass murderers no father or fathers in and out of the home in the teen years. Ditto murderers in poverty areas.

Our society continues to downplay the roles of good and decent men. We have a leadership void at all levels. It's messing us up and people don't see it.

http://thesestonewalls.com/gordon-macra ... s-and-men/

I'm not saying these guys aren't sociopaths, they most certainly are. And I know a huge component of mental illness is hereditary, but with a strong father, and if we aren't going to lock them up, at least there is the possibility of channeling some of the rage.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

old11bravo wrote:
mcyclonegt wrote:

good reading

You bring up a point I like to bring up whenever this topic comes up. Population explosion. It's going on right now, all around us. Think about what your town looked like when you were a kid and look at what it has become today. For me that is the Snohomish County Puget Sound region. You wouldn't even recognize the Marysville/Smokey point areas from when I was a teenager. The population and growth is more than incredible, it's not sustainable. If this exponential level of growth and population explosion is going on everywhere, it only make sense that the reasonable percentage of mentally ill in our population has grown as well. While the increase in population of supposed "well adjusted" folk may be more subtle, the increased population of mentally ill certainly would not be as subtle. It only takes one. Couple that with the way today's mass media drives their agenda, whether it be anti 2A or the need to be politically correct or whatever and you have the makings for a sensational murder, mass killing, homicide or suicide story just about every day of the year.

This!!! Get to many rats in a cage and they will start to kill each other.

Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
I knda miss the days of the GRK and the canuk [sic] pig bros.

I am going to presume that you are trying to be funny here. You have no idea what those men did to the community, particular in the Robert Pickton case. No idea at all.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
~Tenzin Gyatso, aka His Holiness the Dalai Lama

"We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves."
~ Romans 15:1

"Ils Ont Les Armes, On Les Emmerde, On A Le Champagne!"~Charlie Hebdo, November 2015

Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

old11bravo wrote:
mcyclonegt wrote:

good reading

I grew up in Arlington, I helped build Smokey Point as a teen, late seventies to early eighties with RAMO realty.
I have really seen the change, the bad change.

It used to be most everything was shut down on Sundays too.
Maybe kids didn't always have manners, they at least had respect and fear of repercussions.

Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:59 am

Obviously he is being funny. Good lord.

Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The root of the problem is the wrong folks are having kids. There should be a license.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

be careful what you wish for, and remember it's not you who decides who is "sick in the head".
if the hoplophobes gain more power, they'd define many on this board as "unhealthily obsessed with guns".
if anyone could predict the day the next mass murderer would strike, they'd just nuke em from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

quantsuff wrote:
be careful what you wish for, and remember it's not you who decides who is "sick in the head".
if the hoplophobes gain more power, they'd define many on this board as "unhealthily obsessed with guns".
if anyone could predict the day the next mass murderer would strike, they'd just nuke em from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

Exactly.

The people who will be determining 'mental health', are almost unanimously hoplophobes.

It wouldn't take much for them to determine everything from PTSD, to "problem with rage", to "can't fit into "normal" society", to "unhealthy fear of being unarmed", to "an unhealthy obsession with guns"... To many more I can't even imagine, about just about everyone on this forum.

Small step from there, to "If you want a gun at all, you are obviously sick, and shouldn't be allowed to have one".......

I'm not talking about handing over determination of who can and can't have guns, to the 'mental health professionals'.

I'm talking about society taking back responsibility for identifying sociopaths and doing something about it.

Someone who is depressed, or bipolar or has PTSD... Those aren't sociopaths.

A sociopath is someone who doesn't have any idea what empathy is. They don't have a sense of right and wrong.

Quote:
so·ci·o·path
ˈsōsēōˌpaTH/
noun
noun: sociopath; plural noun: sociopaths

a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.

A depressed person, a bi-polar, a person with PTSD, CAN be a sociopath. But being one, does not MAKE one, the other.

Mental health professionals would quickly throw those three under the bus, and be finding some way to toss the rest of us there, as well...

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next