Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:06 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 GSSF worth joining? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've been researching on getting a Glock43 soon (later this year) for another EDC (Already owned a 9mm Shield PC), and I came across GSSF discount program that includes blue label pricing. I already own a G17 G3 and I realize it takes a year to receive the discount card. I'd probably use it to buy a G19 or G26 in a newer gen if I were to sign up. I did find this on their current pricing for 2018 on another forum.

Are there any other benefits to this besides the yearly coupon/discount?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:06 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

If you like shooting Glocks competitively.
Think you have to wait a year before you can get a GSSF discount on a Glock.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Did you go to the website?

There are many benefits, including matches & classes, if you're in the right area.

Here's an article:

http://www.guns.com/review/why-glock-lo ... -the-gssf/

Their website:

http://gssfonline.com/

Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hm, didn't realized they offered classes as well.

How are the matches? They do not seem to be that long if you only need to bring 100 rounds.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've been shooting their indoor matches up here at the Skagit Shooting range for a couple years, and shot the outdoor match in Port Townsend last year. Both are great, relatively low key but still competitive and you can win stuff. (I won two Glocks and $75 at the Port Townsend match, yay!)

As to the discount program, if you buy a 2 year membership you get the discount coupon immediately. If you only buy a one year membership at a time, you get the coupon on the second year and every year after.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:36 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Oh ya, GSSF membership and a CPL qualifies you to buy stuff from CMP.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yondering wrote:
As to the discount program, if you buy a 2 year membership you get the discount coupon immediately. If you only buy a one year membership at a time, you get the coupon on the second year and every year after.

Thanks! :thumbsup2:

Guess I'm signing up for a 2+ year! Plus I heard you get some swag and magazines too :bigsmile:

Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yup. You even get a little Glock pistol bag. They are usually black, but a buddy of mine got a pink one, turns out it was breast cancer month. :rofl9: He called and they sent a black one too.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've seen that pic before, but don't get why some people care so much. I'll probably wear out my Glocks before I get a chance to pass them down, and they make more every day; I see them as tools, not heirlooms. I'm a shooter, not a collector, and have had and enjoyed my share of 1911 pistols too.

Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How long did it take to get the "swag" pack after joining? Submitted mine via email on Saturday.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I forget, but it was probably a couple weeks, maybe three. I heard GSSF made some personnel changes, so they may be faster now.

Just FYI if you're interested, we're starting a new GSSF match next month (each match consists of a meet once a month for three months) up here at the Skagit range, first one is on 4/19-ish. You can choose to shoot either Thursday evening or Saturday evening. Fun time and worth a little drive if you enjoy some mild friendly competition. We have a couple guys that drive up from Renton for it. At the completion of the match in June, there is an awards ceremony and random drawing for a pistol (raffle based, not from winning the match), and everyone who participates gets to pick a piece of Glock gear, which is stuff like Glock knives, t-shirts, hats, etc.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yondering wrote:
I forget, but it was probably a couple weeks, maybe three. I heard GSSF made some personnel changes, so they may be faster now.

Just FYI if you're interested, we're starting a new GSSF match next month (each match consists of a meet once a month for three months) up here at the Skagit range, first one is on 4/19-ish. You can choose to shoot either Thursday evening or Saturday evening. Fun time and worth a little drive if you enjoy some mild friendly competition. We have a couple guys that drive up from Renton for it. At the completion of the match in June, there is an awards ceremony and random drawing for a pistol (raffle based, not from winning the match), and everyone who participates gets to pick a piece of Glock gear, which is stuff like Glock knives, t-shirts, hats, etc.

Yah definitely! :thumbsup2: I think I remember seeing an email from GSSF about a match coming up sometime in April, was this the same one?

I was actually planning to attend the August GSSF match in Port Townsend.

Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah sounds like the same email.

I'm planning to be at the Port Townsend match again as well.

Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So something interesting happened. I recently moved and emailed GSSF to update my address, and now I have 2 coupons (one with my old address and one with my new address).

Can I use both within the same calendar year?

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next