Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:31 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Dog dies after flight attendant forced it into overhead bin. 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

https://nypost.com/2018/03/13/dog-dies- ... rhead-bin/
http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/03/1 ... d-bin.html

During their flight, an attendant insisted that the woman put her dog, which was held in a TSA-approved pet carrier, in an overhead bin for the rest of the flight.
Passengers heard barking during the flight, but didn’t learn that the dog had died until the flight was over.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
https://nypost.com/2018/03/13/dog-dies-after-united-flight-attendant-forces-it-into-overhead-bin/
http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/03/1 ... d-bin.html

During their flight, an attendant insisted that the woman put her dog, which was held in a TSA-approved pet carrier, in an overhead bin for the rest of the flight.
Passengers heard barking during the flight, but didn’t learn that the dog had died until the flight was over.

Ban flight attendants!

Ban overhead bins!

Ban pet carriers!

Ban DOGS!!!

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Plenty of air... Climate controlled... barking = not squished.....

So..... How did it die?

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:

So..... How did it die?

Gremlin.

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:

So..... How did it die?

Not sure about the "plenty of air" in an overhead bin. Especially with a stressed hyperventilating little dog.
That's just kind of fucked up.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:43 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Houston to NYC? Dog was in the overhead bin with 20 kilos of cocaine.
Probably smelled the dog food they use to mask the smell and went looking for a snack.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

stand by for waves of United dog killing memes......

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:53 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
stand by for waves of United dog killing memes......

First they break guitars now they’re killing pets!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think humans have simply lost the ability to think or have compassion. WTF is wrong with the average human being???

I am heartbroken to read this story. And it's not an anomaly. Every day the news reminds me how cruel, selfish, and stupid people are.

Putting this dog in the overhead compartment was entirely unnecessary and accomplished nothing and put the dog at risk and it obviously died.

I hope the airline pays dearly and that flight attendant is fired. If this were my pet I would be unbelievably furious.

As a consideration, NEVER subject your pets to common carriers like airlines. Every year, pets die aboard airplanes. NEVER DO IT.

From a FB post from a nearby passenger.

"Today, I boarded my first United Airlines flight.

On my way, I saw a Frenchie that looked identical to my own precious Winston. He was with his family - a young girl, no older than 8, her toddler sibling and their mother. He was meant to grow, learn, cry, play with those young children and be their furry friend. He was meant to live a long life filling that family's days with that special joy that only a dog can bring.

I sat behind the family of three and thought myself lucky - who doesn't when they get to sit near a puppy? However, the flight attendants of flight UA1284 felt that the innocent animal was better off crammed inside the overhead container without air and water. They INSISTED that the puppy be locked up for three hours without any kind of airflow. They assured the safety of the family's pet so wearily, the mother agreed.

There was no sound as we landed and opened his kennel. There was no movement as his family called his name. I held her baby as the mother attempted to resuscitate their 10 month old puppy. I cried with them three minutes later as she sobbed over his lifeless body. My heart broke with theirs as I realized he was gone.

The Humane Society of the U.S. says air travel can be risky for pets and especially dangerous for brachycephalic breeds — such as pugs or bulldogs, whose short nasal passages make them vulnerable to oxygen deprivation and heat stroke. This little guy fought hard for his life, filling our flight with his cries until he finally ran out of breath. United Airlines does not care about the safety of their furry travelers. This poor family paid $125 for their pet to be murdered in front of them. There is no excuse for the pain this family is suffering.

Today, I boarded my last United Airlines flight.

R.I.P Papacito"

Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

United is the number 1 airline for Pet deaths...and now they are scrambling and saying the carrier should not have been put in an overhead.
This will not go well for them.
Good.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:21 pm

TechnoWeenie wrote:

So..... How did it die?

Suffocation.

A hard passing for an innocent animal.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

United Airlines: We'll beat your ass and kill your little dog too!

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jdhbulseye wrote:
United Airlines: We'll beat your ass and kill your little dog too!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Do justice. Love mercy.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: South Puget Sound (sounds more hoity toity than Puyallup)
Powderman wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

So..... How did it die?

Suffocation.

Yep, that's my guess. We've had brachycephalic dogs for about thirty years, have three currently. They can overheat in a minute. I'll bet he was scared, barking, hyperventilating, overheated, and died. Fuck United Airlines, fuck the flight attendant that demanded the dog be put up there, and, to a lesser degree, fuck the owner for not knowing her dog was in distress. I'm really pissed off.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nate wrote:
Powderman wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

So..... How did it die?

Suffocation.

Yep, that's my guess. We've had brachycephalic dogs for about thirty years, have three currently. They can overheat in a minute. I'll bet he was scared, barking, hyperventilating, overheated, and died. Fuck United Airlines, fuck the flight attendant that demanded the dog be put up there, and, to a lesser degree, fuck the owner for not knowing her dog was in distress. I'm really pissed off.

Sounds like the owner was in distress as well.

One woman. Two kids. Barking dog. Butthead passengers griping. Bully flight attendant.... She was overwhelmed.

Do justice. Love mercy.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next