Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:07 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Interlake Sporting Association (Redmond/Kirkland) 

Benja455 wrote:
Time for my annual reminder: The ISA elections are this Wednesday at 7pm.

ALSO - I’m running for President of ISA. If you’re a current member, please consider supporting me and the other folks running for the leadership team.

We have a great group with a ton of solid plans to move the organization forward and help support broader 2A efforts.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Thanks!

I will, if you get, at a minimum, some powder soap in the bathroom. Jeesh.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:10 am

I actually refilled that last week.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:19 am

Bkcorwin wrote:
I actually refilled that last week.

You have my vote then. See you at the next clean up.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:34 am

Is that soap? I thought that was some toilet/bathroom cleaning product so I never use it and bring my own soap. Good to know!

Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:45 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

SharkTank wrote:
Is that soap? I thought that was some toilet/bathroom cleaning product so I never use it and bring my own soap. Good to know!

Another heavy-gun-bag-toting-hill-hiker! Welcome to WaGuns!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:19 pm

Hi all,

Does anybody know if ISA has some kind of Person in Charge brochure available? I've got through my PIC couple years ago, planning to bring a guest, and really want to review all the rules to avoid hiccups.

Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

pfa wrote:
Hi all,

Does anybody know if ISA has some kind of Person in Charge brochure available? I've got through my PIC couple years ago, planning to bring a guest, and really want to review all the rules to avoid hiccups.

Send me a PM.

Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:48 pm

I am still looking for a sponsor for membership. Anyone currently a member who would not mind sponsoring a geeky liberal gun geek? None of the indoor ranges meet my rifle range needs and while I don't mind WCW Kenmore, their public rifle range is only 50 and 100 yrds and if you are using a centerfire rifle it's one shot loaded at a time. Great for sighting in scopes or practicing follow through and trigger control but terrible if you want practice movement and reload drills.

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:14 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SpaceRanger42 wrote:
I am still looking for a sponsor for membership. Anyone currently a member who would not mind sponsoring a geeky liberal gun geek? None of the indoor ranges meet my rifle range needs and while I don't mind WCW Kenmore, their public rifle range is only 50 and 100 yrds and if you are using a centerfire rifle it's one shot loaded at a time. Great for sighting in scopes or practicing follow through and trigger control but terrible if you want practice movement and reload drills.

If you’re looking for a sponsor and interested in shooting/moving - come out to the monthly ASI match @ ISA. They are a great group.

Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:48 am

Benja455 wrote:
SpaceRanger42 wrote:

If you’re looking for a sponsor and interested in shooting/moving - come out to the monthly ASI match @ ISA. They are a great group.

Oh I didn't know they had an ASI match. I knew there was one at Wade's in Bellvue. I will check the calender, thanks!

Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:39 pm
Profile WWW

So I'd like to throw my hat into the ring and request that one of you generous members of ISA contact me to see if your club is a good fit for me and vice versa.

A little bit about myself:
I grew up in the country, did bb shooting in the back yard when I was young, and then moved up to shotgun (20ga) and rifle (22lr) once older until I went off to college. Ever since graduating from college I've lived in the suburbs and switched over to shooting at ranges. So far I've been a member of, and shot at, 3 different ranges. Two of which are pistol caliber ranges using target carriers out to ~20-25 yards, and one which had benches and (moveable) target stands at distances up to 100 yards. I'm looking for a range to join that doesn't have ridiculously high fees, has sane rules, and which isn't too far away from the Lynnwood/Mill Creek/South Everett area. I'm looking for pistol and rifle ranges, shotgun and archery are pluses and might get used occasionally. I refuse to use or join a range with a limit on number of loaded rounds in a firearm, or limits on rate of fire so long as all shots are on target. I don't have any large bore guns, just 7.62x39 and .223/5.56 for my rifle caliber guns and an assortment of pistol caliber guns. As far as distances go, 25 yards for pistol is fine, I've never shot rifle over 50 yards but based on scaled down targets I can, in theory, maintain 'minute-of-bad-guy' at 100 yards while standing, and the same while kneeling or prone at distances of 200 yards (based on my appleseed performance).

FWIW I did have a chance to shoot at ISA when I took the appleseed course back in September 2017, so I've been inside the gate, but didn't get a chance to look around or get a feel for how things are run, but it did seem like a nice place based on that limited experience.

Wed May 16, 2018 2:34 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to WaGuns, RecreationalShooter!

Great first post, hopefully one of the ISA folks can help you out.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed May 16, 2018 6:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi to all ISA members,

I wanted to ask if anyone here would be willing to act as my sponsor tonight for joining the club. The member I know that was going to sponser me is not able to make the meeting tonight and suggested I post here.
I have been shooting since I was a kid and have shot most forms of competition at one time or another over the few decades I have been shooting.
I am very interested in the NRL 22 matches, action shooting as well as archery at ISA.

If anyone would be available and willing to act as my sponsor at tonight's meeting, please send me a PM and I can call you or provide my phone number if you would like to chat.

Thanks in advance,

PlateRacer

Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PlateRacer wrote:
Hi to all ISA members,

I wanted to ask if anyone here would be willing to act as my sponsor tonight for joining the club. The member I know that was going to sponser me is not able to make the meeting tonight and suggested I post here.
I have been shooting since I was a kid and have shot most forms of competition at one time or another over the few decades I have been shooting.
I am very interested in the NRL 22 matches, action shooting as well as archery at ISA.

If anyone would be available and willing to act as my sponsor at tonight's meeting, please send me a PM and I can call you or provide my phone number if you would like to chat.

Thanks in advance,

PlateRacer

Hey - good to hear you're interesting in joining ISA. I'm not sure if you've applied online yet - but you'll need to have your actual sponsor there. This requirement is meant to give ISA's leadership team some assurance that a current member can vouch for your (safe) handling of firearms.

Simply put, soliciting a person who doesn't know you and can't speak to your ability to be safe at the facility won't satisfy that requirement.

If you have any questions - don't hesitate to get in touch.

Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Benja455 wrote:
PlateRacer wrote:
Hi to all ISA members,

Thanks in advance,

PlateRacer

Hey - good to hear you're interesting in joining ISA. I'm not sure if you've applied online yet - but you'll need to have your actual sponsor there. This requirement is meant to give ISA's leadership team some assurance that a current member can vouch for your (safe) handling of firearms.

Simply put, soliciting a person who doesn't know you and can't speak to your ability to be safe at the facility won't satisfy that requirement.

If you have any questions - don't hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks for the response. I figured this was likely a long shot on such short notice but thought I would throw the post up since my friend can't do the meeting tonight to be there as my sponsor and then next month I'm on vacation and out of the area. I thought someone might recognize my 'handle' that I've shot with in the past.

Look forward to meeting ISA members in the future.

Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next