Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:01 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Plug in to require price for "WTS" ads? 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I'm sure this is a long shot, but is there any way to add a plug in that would require a sale price or trade value for the WTS/WTT ads before the ad can be listed?

It seems so elementary to include a price with your ad but IMO this is the most commonly forgotten detail on these threads. Is there a simple add-on that would accomplish this? Is it just a bit of code to add (I'm 99% computer illiterate)? Is it an insurmountable goal?

Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:37 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Insurmountable.

Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:48 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator / In Memoriam
Site Moderator / In Memoriam

When someone forgets to post the WTS or WTT price, they often have a low post count.
We, who often have a "Higher Post count" or as a veteran of this site, have to remember
that some of us more "Mature" members once or twice have also made mistakes.
We all need to cut them some slack and just remind then "Gently" to post the price.

Often one of the Mods has had to remind us in our dealings, that we had made a mistake.
Be kind and help out all of the members on here.

cootduster

I'm not old.

I'm just no longer young !!!

Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:03 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Massivedesign wrote:
Insurmountable.

I feel as though you're not willing to challenge yourself Dan. You just need to get psyched up.

Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cootduster wrote:
When someone forgets to post the WTS or WTT price, they often have a low post count.
We, who often have a "Higher Post count" or as a veteran of this site, have to remember
We all need to cut them some slack and just remind then "Gently" to post the price.

Often one of the Mods has had to remind us in our dealings, that we had made a mistake.

cootduster

I have literally never gotten a reminder or nary a word from any admin/mod. I'm almost offended I haven't been asked to be a mod.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:12 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Any form would be applied across the entire board. So you would be asked to provide a price each time you comment on Steve’s massive....... head.

Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:25 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Massivedesign wrote:
Any form would be applied across the entire board. So you would be asked to provide a price each time you comment on Steve’s massive....... head.

I shot trap with Steve last week, the only thing massive is his ass. Which I may or may not have checked out :inlove:

Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
That would be amusing.

$30,032.69

Sent from Proxima Centauri B through the ether using FTP transmission technology, Honey Encryption, and Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

code of conduct doesn't apply, tell go suck one..

Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:06 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jagerbomber35 wrote:
cootduster wrote:

cootduster

I have literally never gotten a reminder or nary a word from any admin/mod. I'm almost offended I haven't been asked to be a mod.

it's true, I have not yet had to communicate with you.

This week.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jagerbomber35 wrote:
cootduster wrote:

cootduster

Yours are the sympathy posts....

We tried to hide it, and appears we were successful....

But now, we're all busted...

'cause you just had to go there...

:cheers2:

Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jagerbomber35 wrote:

You may need to do the delivery yourself, but go to the bakery section of Whole Foods and order or get a Chantilly Cake. Large. The rest will take care of itself.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:46 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

The irony is the OP is rumored to be a secret mod and yet demands a code change to make his job disappear.

Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:47 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
I shot trap with Steve last week, the only thing massive is his ass. Which I may or may not have checked out :inlove:

I have notice but didn't think it would have been polite to ask. thanks for stepping up

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:

I noticed that...and everytime i stepped to the line i felt your burning gaze upon my backside.

Huh, you still have no idea what Steve and i did to you that day?

:bigsmile:

I guess you better search Pictures Big mike. :ROFLMAO:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next