Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:31 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 I keep getting logged out. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Past couple of days, I keep getting logged out.

Everything else works fine.

I'll be reading. Can open many threads. Works for hours.

Then all of a sudden, go to open the next thread, and I have been logged out, and have to log back in again.

Usually some kind of message about, you have to be logged in, to see 'unread', or something like that.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:40 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

When you are logged out, scroll to the bottom of the home page and click “delete all board cookies”. Then log back in.

Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:47 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
When you are logged out, scroll to the bottom of the home page and click “delete all board cookies”. Then log back in.

Thank you. I'll do that next time. :bigsmile:

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Happened again.

I couldn't find, "delete all board cookies".

So, I logged in. Then I found it. Clicked and deleted, and logged in again.

So, yeah, did as you suggested. I hope this works. :bigsmile: :wagwoot:

Do justice. Love mercy.

Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It just did it again.

I noticed a while back that the forum wants to default to "mobile style".

I prefer the full version. (I am on desktop PC.)

If you delete the board cookies, when the page reloads, it is the mobile style.

I switched immediately to the full style, last time, then logged back in.

This time, I left it in mobile style, while I logged in. Then switched to full style.

Let's see if it makes any difference.

I'll let you know if it happens again.

Do justice. Love mercy.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

some guys just can't take a hint... :bigsmile:

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:

:ROFLMAO: I saw your name on the reply section, and I KNEW what you were going to say.

Do justice. Love mercy.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:17 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

When you log out, do you have multiple tabs open with WaGuns on it?

Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:17 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I figured out Selador's password and keep logging him out. This is going better than expected! :ROFLMAO:

Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
When you log out, do you have multiple tabs open with WaGuns on it?

No.

It's always when I have finished reading the 3 or 4 waguns tabs that I had open, (And close them all.), then go back to the "view new posts" page... And refresh it... That it always seems to happens.

That refresh has happened at least two different ways... 1. Hit "reload current page", at the top. 2. Actually click on the link "view new posts", at the top, so that it refreshes from scratch. The logout has happened both ways.

Somehow, between the time that I loaded that 3 or 4 tabs, and when I have read and closed them, then tried to refresh... I get logged out.

Do justice. Love mercy.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:

I guess this is a bigger hint than the fact that 2/3 of this forum have me on ignore? :wink05: :ROFLMAO:

sinus211 wrote:
I figured out Selador's password and keep logging him out. This is going better than expected! :ROFLMAO:

If you figured out my password, I'm the man in the moon. :bigsmile:

Do justice. Love mercy.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:30 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sounds like your cookies are having hard time letting go of your sessions.... So it just defaults making you log back in to start a new session. You can try clearing your browser cache.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:37 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
I guess this is a bigger hint than the fact that 2/3 of this forum have me on ignore? :wink05: :ROFLMAO:

Shhh! Wait.... did you guys hear something?

FWIW: There does seem to be a shorter time period for when the site finally gives up and logs one out.

FJB

Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Sounds like your cookies are having hard time letting go of your sessions.... So it just defaults making you log back in to start a new session. You can try clearing your browser cache.

Ok, I'll log out, then close all waguns tabs, then clear the cache. then log back in. And see how long it takes to happen again.

Thank you Dan. :bigsmile:

Do justice. Love mercy.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next