Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:28 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Attorney familiar with real estate/HOA issues ? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bought a place and I'd like to have the HOA documents reviewed. Anyone know an attorney or could steer me towards one ?

Wed May 09, 2018 5:35 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

My old HOA used Strickler Law in Tumwater in the past. Anne Strickler specializes in HOA docs (by-laws, CCRs, enforcement clauses etc).

Thu May 10, 2018 6:35 am
Profile WWW

Arent you a bit late? You want to look at those HOAs before you buy.

Sat May 12, 2018 12:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hartcreek wrote:

Knowing there's an HOA/CC&Rs and questioning the legality of the founding documents based on how poorly they're written are two different things .

Sat May 12, 2018 5:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you do FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/HOAAssociationTyranny/

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat May 12, 2018 5:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWRed wrote:
hartcreek wrote:

Knowing there's an HOA/CC&Rs and questioning the legality of the founding documents based on how poorly they're written are two different things .

I'm not trying to mince words or give you a hard time, but just so you know, you didn't buy the place "Knowing there's an HOA/CC&Rs..."

You bought it subject to , meaning you accept those conditions.

The only way you're gonna change them, unless they aren't enforced, is by a vote.

Either keep quiet, make friends, and get on the Board of Directors, or quietly get enough backing percentage wise, to make a change.

Getting a lawyer and making the HOA spend money on legal fees, may anger some people as they feel their money is being wasted. Then, it may be hard to get them to vote for the HOA changes you seek.

It's a game, and it sucks. It's like adult daycare.....

Good luck !

Sat May 12, 2018 11:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What area? Property you are moving to?

Sun May 13, 2018 12:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm not looking to change the HOA, I don't even mind 99% of the rules. I just need some clarification on the legality of a previous owner filing documents with the county listing restrictions that are tied to the title "forever" . This property isn't in a subdivision, its 1.5 acres on a private dead end road with 4 homes. I'm not even sure the covenants on my place are tied to the HOA at this point.

Things like : no llamas allowed on the property , no large breed dogs are allowed, no jet skis are to be visible from the neighboring properties or the road, no music is to be played outside, cannot build or place anything that obstructs the view from the living room windows etc.

Sun May 13, 2018 9:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWRed wrote:
I'm not looking to change the HOA, I don't even mind 99% of the rules. I just need some clarification on the legality of a previous owner filing documents with the county listing restrictions that are tied to the title "forever" . This property isn't in a subdivision, its 1.5 acres on a private dead end road with 4 homes. I'm not even sure the covenants on my place are tied to the HOA at this point.

Things like : no llamas allowed on the property , no large breed dogs are allowed, no jet skis are to be visible from the neighboring properties or the road, no music is to be played outside, cannot build or place anything that obstructs the view from the living room windows etc.

Ohhhh, okay...

Sounds more like possibly CCR's (Covenants, Conditions & Restrictions), which are generally a document recorded in the land records of the county, which are sometimes amended, by the person subdividing the parcels and selling them off.

The other option is someone owns multiple parcels, and when they sell one off, they add what's called 'subject tos', which means the buyer takes title, 'subject to' the following things listed on the deed....usually idiosyncratic things like no llamas, music, or bingo parlors....

Depending on the manner these were enacted, you may be able to get them vacated depending on how many properties are involved, and the legitimacy of the original document.

You may want to start with an inquiry to the title company. Your title report should list the origin of these, and most sound archaic, and may not be specific to your property, but was lazily added when the title search was done.

Sun May 13, 2018 11:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

http://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx? ... &full=true

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Tue May 15, 2018 2:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]