Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:19 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Man has gun pulled on him for recording cop 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is no right or wrong person here IMO.

The cop was a complete douche for pulling his pistol, and the wanna be TMZ reporter was just as big of a douche for doing what he did.

Thu May 17, 2018 12:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

First thing out of the cops mouth was 'why you filming?', then he asked a second time. To pretend the camera was a weapon after asking why he was filming is as disingenuous as it gets.

Cop is fucking stupid for pulling his gun. It was a bully tactic, and if it blows up in his face because he did it to a guy that won't back down... oh well. We are all better for it.

Thu May 17, 2018 7:59 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Stokes wrote:
First thing out of the cops mouth was 'why you filming?', then he asked a second time. To pretend the camera was a weapon after asking why he was filming is as disingenuous as it gets.

Cop is fucking stupid for pulling his gun. It was a bully tactic, and if it blows up in his face because he did it to a guy that won't back down... oh well. We are all better for it.

:plusone:

There are shitheads all over the place and LEO's have to deal with them WAY more than the average Joe does... I understand that it can get tiring, frustrating, etc... But- Police should be held to a higher standard.

I want an HONEST police force. Don't say something that everyone knows is utter bullshit to justify bullying someone that he thinks is an asshole. He knew it was a camera from the 1st second he looked up.

Thu May 17, 2018 8:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not saying I like the guy's attitude however I agree with PMB on this one.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Thu May 17, 2018 8:10 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Alpine wrote:

What's wrong with my attitude?

Thu May 17, 2018 8:12 pm

Yes the guy with the camera was an asshat but it was a public sidewalk and that officer needs to be gone before he does something more stupid.....not counceling .....gone.

Thu May 17, 2018 10:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would be a bit unhinged if someone pulled a gun on me.

LEOs ought to know what is a threat and what is not. Cameras are not threats.

Fri May 18, 2018 3:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

old11bravo wrote:
This is what you get when two dicks bump heads.

I believe that's known as docking.

Warning: link NSFW

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=docking

Sent from Proxima Centauri B through the ether using FTP transmission technology, Honey Encryption, and Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Fri May 18, 2018 8:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
Alpine wrote:

If you don't know by now we aren't going to tell you. ;)

Sent from Proxima Centauri B through the ether using FTP transmission technology, Honey Encryption, and Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches

"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Fri May 18, 2018 8:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

old11bravo wrote:
This is what you get when two dicks bump heads. Both parties look gay and there's no happy ending.

ROTFLOL! :rofl9:

Sat May 19, 2018 6:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
Alpine wrote:

Eh I was referring to the guy in the video, not you. Sorry, poor phrasing on my part.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Sat May 19, 2018 8:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
PMB wrote:
Alpine wrote:

Eh I was referring to the guy in the video, not you. Sorry, poor phrasing on my part.

He knew that.

He just had a bad attitude right then.

:wink05:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sat May 19, 2018 8:26 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Alpine wrote:
PMB wrote:
Alpine wrote:

Yeah, don't fall for PMB's tricks. :ROFLMAO:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat May 19, 2018 8:43 am

OK....

First of all, it does appear that the officer did NOT need to draw his weapon.

We have to ask a couple of questions, though...

1. What was the scene like through the OFFICER'S eyes? What did he see that we did not?
2. Mr. Camera Jock was NOT an "innocent bystander". He came from almost a city block away, approached pretty darned fast and blindsided the cop.
3. The officer was in the middle of a traffic stop.
4. The officer was NOT going to turn his back on Mr. Video Guy, who appeared out of nowhere, is projecting a LOT of anger, and who is DEMANDING action.

Again, from the initial video, the officer did overreact. But what was the officer SEEING that caused him to draw his weapon?

Sat May 19, 2018 11:07 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Powderman wrote:
1. What was the scene like through the OFFICER'S eyes? What did he see that we did not?

Always a good reminder... We're only seeing one angle.

Powderman wrote:
2. Mr. Camera Jock was NOT an "innocent bystander". He came from almost a city block away, approached pretty darned fast and blindsided the cop.

I didn't note any excess speed... Blindsided? It may have surprised the police fellow to see someone focusing attention on him, but blindsided would be an overstatement from my viewpoint. No doubt that it caught his attention though.

Powderman wrote:
3. The officer was in the middle of a traffic stop.
4. The officer was NOT going to turn his back on Mr. Video Guy, who appeared out of nowhere, is projecting a LOT of anger, and who is DEMANDING action.

Traffic stop- that part doesn't seem important to me. The fellow with the camera was trying to be overt in expressing his right to observe and record a public servant in the performance of his duties. He almost certainly was expecting a reaction from the police officer.

I see no projection of anger in the initial filming - and no way to have even guessed it was there in the beginning minutes of the short video. Why do you think he was projecting "a LOT of anger"?

If camera guy WAS projecting the anger, then the police should have been worried about a psychotic or homicidal threat, and not lied about what he thought the camera was. Just my opinion. I can't fathom a reason to lie about the camera. That destroyed the officer's credibility IMHO.

Powderman wrote:
Again, from the initial video, the officer did overreact. But what was the officer SEEING that caused him to draw his weapon?

An overreaction on the officer's part could take an innocent citizen trying to exercise his rights over into the realm of death of an innocent citizen.
An underreaction on the officer's part in the case of a genuinely hostile / psychotic troublemaker could lead to the officer's death.
Both scenario's suck...

Conclusion, human's suck. And there are too many of them.

Sat May 19, 2018 11:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next