Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:25 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Arachnigrip Slide Spider 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I had a chance to fondle one of Rutilate's pistols recently on which he had installed an Arachnigrip Slide Spider. Rutilate teaches a women's basic handgun class, and he was trying out the Slide Spider as an aid for folks who have trouble racking the slide.

He had it on a 9mm M&P, and I was pretty impressed with how easy it was to rack the slide. Basically, it's really gritty skateboard tape (like sandpaper) that attaches to the slide, so when you grip the slide to retract it you don't need to squeeze as hard to prevent the slide from slipping out of your grasp.

I came home and told my girlfriend about it, and we decided to order some for her Glock 17 and her LCP II. These come two in a package, in theory so you have a replacement if one wears out or comes off, but for my purposes that just enables me to outfit two guns with one purchase. :bigsmile:

So here's our lineup, her G17, my G19, and then our LCP II pistols:

They have different color and logo choices; we went with basic black for the Glocks and red for the LCP IIs.

I can rack a slide easily enough that I don't feel like I need these, but for someone that struggles with the slide I think they would make a real difference. Yeah, they get a little rough on your hands after you rack it a bunch (think sandpaper on hands), but of course if you have weak hands then racking the slide will make your hands hurt anyhow.

Something to consider if you or someone you know has difficulty racking a slide . . . .

https://www.arachnigrip.com

I'll bring my two guns to tomorrow's women's class, and we'll see what the ladies have to say.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:05 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Those look great!

And you’re right, they work wonders in making it super easy to grip the slide. Ant they make all the difference in the world for someone with weaker hands or arthritis.

Unlike many other hacks that just lay skateboard over the grip or slide, these are laser cut to fit perfectly into the recesses of the grooves or scallops so they don’t peel or protrude further than they need to.

I’m loving mine!

Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:26 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice, but now I need to buy a new gun since they don't have any for the guns I have.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:06 pm

That’s a terrible problem to have!

Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:22 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My buddy bought these for "his wifes" Glock 43 for the aforementioned reasons. Gotta say I was pretty impressed. It also matched the Talon grips perfectly, like they were made to go together.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:27 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

A minor update.

I had to remove this from my LCP II because I carry it in the Ruger pocket holster, and the Slide Spider "grabbed" the inside of the holster. It was a Velcro-like situation, and it made it difficult to remove the pistol from the holster without tearing up the holster material. So, no go for that application but the product otherwise is still working very well.

When I removed it from the LCP II, I went at it with my thumbnail. It took me quite a while to dig up an edge, and it was fairly difficult to remove it. It tore into little pieces as I pulled on it, and I still need to remove some residual adhesive. This is a positive thing, though; that sucker was stuck on there good, and I expect it would have lasted a long time if I hadn't deliberately removed it.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]