Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:43 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 New Shooting Area's in greenwater. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you haven't heard yet the forest service has a big Long term project being implemented called Snoqurea. It has to do with many different items in the forest but for people who like to target shoot outdoors it gives us an opportunity to have new shooting areas developed and current shooting areas expanded/improved. With that being said the forest service would like your input. If you know of an area on this map that's within the Green boarder(project area) https://www.fs.usda.gov/nfs/11558/www/nepa/107051_FSPLT3_4291802.pdf that could be developed for target shooting then post pictures and GPS coordinates here and i'll send it to the recreational director and he'll see if can be done. This is a long term solution to try and get more shooting areas available to us and to be recognize as a legitimate recreation without the threat of being shut down or having bike and hiking trails taking over well know shooting areas.

Thu May 17, 2018 11:29 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wherever it is, having it directly off and easily accessible to 410 would have the most benefit to the shooters. Too much further beyond the existing pit area are tons of campgrounds, then vertical climbs and a ski resort.

Is it USFS intention to replace the shooting areas by Greenwater, or to add new shooting areas to accommodate the influx of new shooters to 'Merica?

Fri May 18, 2018 5:53 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Wherever it is, having it directly off and easily accessible to 410 would have the most benefit to the shooters. Too much further beyond the existing pit area are tons of campgrounds, then vertical climbs and a ski resort.

Is it USFS intention to replace the shooting areas by Greenwater, or to add new shooting areas to accommodate the influx of new shooters to 'Merica?

Yes having it off of 410 and not to far in would be best and of course the Forest would have to make sure it fits there guidelines of a legal shooting area. They're really pushing for us and others to scope out other areas now that they have somewhat of a greenlight to develop.

This whole project is pretty big and it includes every recreation but yes it has to do with the population explosion among other things. The 70 lower rock pit is safe from being shut down and is actually going to be expanded in the future. Most likely it will have a cutout to the left of the pit for short range pistol bays. The 7013 forest clearing is going to be shutdown, it's a matter of when not if at this point and i'm sure that will not change. I suspect within a year. Also a gravel pit further up the 72 road will be expanded.

There is so much going on right now i'm not sure how to post it all but here is the link for the overall project https://content.govdelivery.com/attachments/USDAFS/2018/04/30/file_attachments/998660/Snoquera%2BScoping%2BPackage%2BProject%2BDescription%2BMay%2B2018%2Bred.pdf

page 14 has the proposal to shut down 7013 after a team does a survey of the area. Now what we can do is go to the comment section of this project and object to it being closed when it's official. I'm thinking I should start another thread on this comment section. Anyone who puts down their information when commenting will have their objections reviewed but we have tell the end of the month to get those comments in. Here is the link https://cara.ecosystem-management.org/Public//CommentInput?Project=51969

Fri May 18, 2018 9:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Closed unless posted as open" is not an acceptable solution!

And where are the expanded opportunities for motorized recreation in the form of Jeep trails?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Fri May 18, 2018 4:23 pm

todd1803 wrote:
"Closed unless posted as open" is not an acceptable solution!

I don't see that verbiage in the document. Federal law is that all USFS land is open for shooting unless specifically restricted. USFS could close an area of whatever size it wants for whatever reason it fabricates, but any area being "closed unless posted as open" would be illegal as it is the explicit opposite of the law.

todd1803 wrote:
And where are the expanded opportunities for motorized recreation in the form of Jeep trails?

The only appropriate uses of public land are doing drugs, growing drugs, and riding bicycles... while doing drugs. Didn't you get the left's memo?

Fri May 18, 2018 5:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’ll have to get on google earth for the gps stuff, but by the acclimation pond off 70 might be an ok spot for handgun/ rimfire shooting.

Sat May 26, 2018 3:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

vic_b wrote:
I’ll have to get on google earth for the gps stuff, but by the acclimation pond off 70 might be an ok spot for handgun/ rimfire shooting.

Thanks for the input. Once i get the GPS i'll check it out and send it in for review

Sat May 26, 2018 8:25 am

47°04'10.7"N 121°31'14.3"W

This spot is off of FS 72. Has a lot of potential with a huge backstop.

Thu May 31, 2018 2:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

that definately doesnt look like a easy place to go shooting

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Thu May 31, 2018 3:17 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

MADrtcw wrote:
If you haven't heard yet the forest service has a big Long term project being implemented called Snoqurea

Ok whose idea was it to name this project "Snoqueerea?" Inslee???

Thu May 31, 2018 4:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
MADrtcw wrote:
If you haven't heard yet the forest service has a big Long term project being implemented called Snoqurea

Ok whose idea was it to name this project "Snoqueerea?" Inslee???

Yeah I have no idea, the forest service I talked to were not a fan of the name either. I’m actually going to ask just for the hell of it.

Thu May 31, 2018 4:56 pm

What about this place??

Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dbillz wrote:

This spot is off of FS 72. Has a lot of potential with a huge backstop.

In order to get there you have to go on a blocked road

Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Reverend Ragdoll wrote:
What about this place??

The road is blocked

Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

vic_b wrote:
Reverend Ragdoll wrote:
What about this place??

The road is blocked

That area is being proposed for expansion. How is the road blocked ?

Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next