Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Cerberus Training Group - Class Ideas 

First off, I want to thank everyone on this forum for their support of Cerberus Training Group. Have had the chance to meet a lot of great people, get to know some of their life stories and watch them train hard.

As those who have attended my classes know, I'm extremely student driven...its not about the paycheck, its about developing you the shooter and the individual.

Will be adding platform classes for the AR, AK, and 1911. Armorer classes for S&W, Glock, Springfield, Sig and others. I have a 2 day 1911 armorer / run the platform class scheduled in September. Developing a tactical scoped rifle class, which is just short of sniper type training.
Still developing the 3 day S.A.T. (Skill-Action-Technique) class. This class takes off from Run-the-Gun, and adds moving, various positional shooting platforms, single and small group movement.

Am looking to add classes and content that people are looking for. So throw out content you'd be interested in, as I've have a lot of content that I've not put out yet.

NRA Life Member

Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:45 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

I'll be visiting you in August for your pistol/rifle class; looking forward to it.

Beyond that, here are some things that I'm interested in:
-Defensive pistol for those w/o umpteen years in the military. I want to practice to enable defense in the home and in an urban environment-and come away with exercises/drills I can use at home and at the local range to continue to master.
-How should I leverage and rely on my wife and college-age daughter/son should a situation arise at home or in Costco or points in between?
-What is between Appleseed training and sniper training? Is that your scoped rifle class? Or is there an intermediate step missing?
-I've always wanted to get into distance shooting. However (I'll never admit this out loud), my eyes are aging and the progressive lenses don't do well with iron sights. Is there a way to learn distance iron sights? or do I give up and buy a scope that costs more than the rifle?
-If you're in a less than lethal situation, what are the alternatives for personal defense (i.e. OC, kubatons)

Take the thoughts for what they're worth; hopefully they spark an idea.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:58 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I need to come visit you. The basic classes you just threw out sound great. Plus the small group movement sounds great. I would love to get my wife involved in the classes too. Maybe, that's a course idea, shooter/non-shooter spouse intro class. I know my wife isn't into guns enough to go on the full courses, but something to help sync a spouse up to someone with more training. Just a rough idea.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rutilate wrote:
I'll be visiting you in August for your pistol/rifle class; looking forward to it.

Beyond that, here are some things that I'm interested in:
-Defensive pistol for those w/o umpteen years in the military. I want to practice to enable defense in the home and in an urban environment-and come away with exercises/drills I can use at home and at the local range to continue to master.
-How should I leverage and rely on my wife and college-age daughter/son should a situation arise at home or in Costco or points in between?
-What is between Appleseed training and sniper training? Is that your scoped rifle class? Or is there an intermediate step missing?
-I've always wanted to get into distance shooting. However (I'll never admit this out loud), my eyes are aging and the progressive lenses don't do well with iron sights. Is there a way to learn distance iron sights? or do I give up and buy a scope that costs more than the rifle?
-If you're in a less than lethal situation, what are the alternatives for personal defense (i.e. OC, kubatons)

Take the thoughts for what they're worth; hopefully they spark an idea.

Note there are blunt tipped kubatons which rely on brute impact force then there are pointed tip kubatons capable of inflicting very serious soft tissue damage to an opponent.

Good examples of the two basic types together found in this product description:
https://www.amazon.com/ALTTIMERY-Aluminum-Keychain-Survival-Emergency/dp/B01M7SWTT0/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_200_tr_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=0MXYBT288WMDN2MVMAEG

A note of caution if considering all kubatons as less than lethal. Properly applied, the pointed kubatons are able to inflict gaping, ragged, avulsive wounds when penetrating the skin. Likely any use of a kubaton to the head, neck, and perhaps shoulder area could easily be viewed as a lethal force application by a DA.

Just information FWIW.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:26 pm

Rutilate wrote:

My 2 day Run the Gun pistol covers everything you're wanting. My drills are useful way past the range, all are based on either my own and others actual street/urban confrontations. There's no fluff, and nothing watered down. Everything builds upon the basics of running the pistol efficiently, initial call for engagement presentation of the pistol in 3 ways; from the holster, ready position, and aimed in. Multiple shot recoil management, moving off the X, and the all important follow through. Holding, being ready for shot number next. Learning to engage threats at angles with 3D torso targets. How to scan, cover your threat, and move to keep yourself in control of the situation.

Rutilate wrote:

That starts with a lay it on the line type of conversation about awareness, how you and those around will act/respond should something arise etc. Discussing the events of our time, getting their thoughts, feelings etc.

Rutilate wrote:

The scoped rifle class bridges the gap between the two you mention. Not on par with sniper training, but more than just basic hunting rifle. You'll learn the same basic fundamentals of sniper type shooting, body platform, grip, breath control, trigger use etc.

Rutilate wrote:

I have progressive lenses as well, I can give you pointers on how to work in harmony with them.

Rutilate wrote:

I teach firearm use only, nothing else.

NRA Life Member

Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:56 pm
Profile WWW

DSynger wrote:
I need to come visit you. The basic classes you just threw out sound great. Plus the small group movement sounds great. I would love to get my wife involved in the classes too. Maybe, that's a course idea, shooter/non-shooter spouse intro class. I know my wife isn't into guns enough to go on the full courses, but something to help sync a spouse up to someone with more training. Just a rough idea.

I have a "Couples" class in the works, as a friend asked me about such a class. It will work with those that are full shooters, every once in awhile shooter, and non shooters. The class size will be kept small to accommodate those spouses who are not into shooting, but will find the content beneficial to gain some insight of why we do what we do.

NRA Life Member

Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:01 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]