Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:29 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 C.E.R.T "Lite" Class 7/21 Lake Hills Elementary Bellevue 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Who would depend upon YOU during a true disaster scenario? Who would YOU depend upon?

Come on down to Lake Hills Elementary in Bellevue Saturday 7/21 and attend the Bellevue Fire/Office of Emergency Management sponsored C.E.R.T. Lite class! This is an approximately three hour, station-style crash class featuring teaching units including light disaster medical, light disaster search and rescue, fire response, and others.

I'll be co-teaching the light disaster medical unit. It'd be cool to see some WaGunners in attendance.

Every attendee will leave with a FREE multitool designed, among other things, to turn off utilities, including gas.

Registration is available here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cert-lite- ... 1733093807 but drop ins are always welcome.

Also, please consider taking a Stop The Bleed class: http://depts.washington.edu/hiprc/stop- ... 5631d-78ce

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
~Tenzin Gyatso, aka His Holiness the Dalai Lama

"We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves."
~ Romans 15:1

"Ils Ont Les Armes, On Les Emmerde, On A Le Champagne!"~Charlie Hebdo, November 2015

Last edited by glockgirl on Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jen,
I notice the registration site specifies "Bellevue residents" may take the course. Any idea how picky they are about non Bellevue resident attendance?

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Note the date of this event is 7/21 not 8/21, although there are identical events in August and September.

Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Benja455 wrote:
Note the date of this event is 7/21 not 8/21, although there are identical events in August and September.

*facepalm* Thank you. Fixed. I will be teaching the light disaster medical unit at most or all of the Bellevue/Medina/Clyde Hill C.E.R.T "Lite" courses pretty much for the next year--as far as they're calendared out. Also am being loaned out a couple of times to Kirkland Fire/OEM for classes there, as well. Apologies for the confusion.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."

"We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves."

"Ils Ont Les Armes, On Les Emmerde, On A Le Champagne!"~Charlie Hebdo, November 2015

Last edited by glockgirl on Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Traut wrote:
Jen,
I notice the registration site specifies "Bellevue residents" may take the course. Any idea how picky they are about non Bellevue resident attendance?

It's aimed at Bellevue residents, but no, you do not have to be a Bellevue resident to take the course (or to receive the free multitool). I checked, and the EventBrite registration doesn't even ask for your physical address.

During my initial C.E.R.T. training class last year, I was partnered with Alex Morcos, then the mayor of Medina (he's back to being your average nice retired guy, council member, and multimillionaire now). There were also students from Kirkland, Redmond, and a couple from other, more distant cities.

So, yah, Bellevue Fire/OEM doesn't really care about your ZIP code.

Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]