Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:16 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 S&W Customer Service 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Poking around on S&W's website, I got a little frustrated and before I could find replacement grips for my 340PD I sent a note off to customer service asking if they could tell me if they offered the grips, what was the part number and cost, or if they could suggest a method of repair for the grips that I have which are separating.

I received a lovely note this afternoon stating that they had received my message and would be sending, free of charge, a new (set of) rubber grip(s)!

:bow:

WOW! Will keep you posted on how this develops.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:10 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Ugh! Good luck with S&W service.

I bought a Walther red dot scope as a last minute purchase at Midway.
Never fired it, and the brightness knob was almost falling off.
Was referred to S&W warranty service.
Backordered for a few months. OK
They eventually sent me a huge proprietary Chinese bipod that fit something else.....
Then argued with me saying the scope had been delivered according to the paperwork.
I asked them if they had actually sent me a scope, why did the box weigh 7 pounds?

I returned it and they sent me another scope, the wrong one, looked like a Tasco 4X20 that came with a Wal Mart .22
Returned that, and a month later they sent me a replacement red dot scope.

Total POS, could only see the red dot within 5 degrees off center on the left side.

I gave up, already spent more returning shit than I did on the "Walther" red dot in the first place.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've had really good luck with S&W customer service. I called about the finish wearing off on an MP 40 which I was not the original owner of and they took care of it. They paid for shipping both ways and even threw in a free magazine. I think they have excellent customer service and they stand by the S&W name.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bought my Smith and Wesson 629 PC and they didn't include the screw for the second rubber grip. When I asked about it, they said they couldn't ship me a screw because they didn't have any...

Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jim, I have 3 sets of those I would have given to you......

Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

zombie66 wrote:
Jim, I have 3 sets of those I would have given to you......

Thanks, Jason. If S&W fails to come through, I may come a knockin' (I'll be sure to show up in my lederhosen!)

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Roger, they are the uncle mikes boot grips correct?

Next time if you need J-Frame grips let me know, personally I like wood but you old farts love rubber....

Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

zombie66 wrote:
Roger, they are the uncle mikes boot grips correct?

Next time if you need J-Frame grips let me know, personally I like wood but you old farts love rubber....

Good sig material there. :wink05:

Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What I have is S&W branded, but I'm sure the Uncle Mikes would work fine (I had those on a 642 some time ago)

I like wood grips too, but being a carpenter... the rubber grips don't get dents and gouges and are much more comfortable when doing the work-a-day contortions associated with my job.

FJB

Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gotcha

Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've had two excellent experiences.

1) had springs in my new shield mags buckling. They sent me 3 new springs immediately free, no questions further.
2) Bought a new M&P Pro which had a pretty (my understanding) normal 6lb pull, sent it to them saying i thought it would be a comp trigger with a pull weight below 5.5lb, sent it in free of charge, they did the trigger job or whatever, now just under 5lb. Perfect.

So yeah, S&W sits extraordinarily high in my book.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I received a set of new rubber grips in the mail today! (That was prompt)

They aren't the big round butt Combat grips I had and wanted as replacement, but are the smaller, kind of squared off rubber stocks. I probably wasn't clear enough in my communications with S&W(?)

Nonetheless... I installed them and after fiddly-fracking around with the gun for a while, I think they'll work. I'll have to get used to my pinky kind of tucking under the stocks since they are shorter, but since this isn't a "plinker" or something I shoot real regularly (It's a scandium .357! No fun to shoot after the first five rounds) I think I'll get used to them.

They conceal better anyway.

So... +1 for S&W.

FJB

Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]