Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:50 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Bar Ordinance 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Powderman wrote:
And may I add...

If you get caught carrying, it can be a gross misdemeanor, punishable by up to 1 year in the husgado and a $5000.00 fine. Plus you lose your guns.

Is it worth it?

so......does this include places like White River Amphitheater? .....because last night at the concert, there were metal detectors and guys with detector wands, and a friend got through all of that without any issue lmaooo

Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
I stopped reading signs. Now I don't have to disagree with signs anymore.

If one is carrying concealed and nobody sees it is it really there?

If some butt-hole came to shoot the place up, and you put him down with your now unconcealed weapon I seriously doubt anyone would say a word. I doubt they'd want look stupid by citing someone who just saved a bunch of people's lives. Even if it came to that, the most important life would be saved, YOURS.

When it comes to concealed carry, it's not all that hard to do and in a manner that only someone that hugs or fondles you will know.

Now there ARE some who are so proud of the fact they are carrying they often seem to go out of their way to tell people or make sure they see it. They should stay out of bars.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:48 pm

http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.300

Federal property is under federal law, so with one sort of exception state laws don't apply. National forests have no restrictions, and national parks follow the laws of the state they are in with regards to the outdoor areas. The buildings are prohibited areas. Welcome centers, the hotel on Mt. Rainier, possibly even the bathrooms.

Tribal lands... no idea since I always thought they were sort of their own thing. The sovereign nation bit.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:04 pm

Mr. Q wrote:
Powderman wrote:
And may I add...

If you get caught carrying, it can be a gross misdemeanor, punishable by up to 1 year in the husgado and a $5000.00 fine. Plus you lose your guns.

Is it worth it?

so......does this include places like White River Amphitheater? .....because last night at the concert, there were metal detectors and guys with detector wands, and a friend got through all of that without any issue lmaooo

Private property (I think), so they can do mostly what they want. But all they do is ban you from the property and have you trespassed if you refuse to leave.
On public venues the city/county/state isn't supposed to be able to prohibit firearms because of pre-emption, but the company that is renting the venue can.
So the policy at the Tacoma Dome is illegal under state law no matter how the director tries to say otherwise. They just haven't been sued yet it seems.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

White River is on the Reservation & is owned by The Muckleahoot Tribe...venue is managed by Live Nation.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

deadshot2 wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
I stopped reading signs. Now I don't have to disagree with signs anymore.

If one is carrying concealed and nobody sees it is it really there?

If some butt-hole came to shoot the place up, and you put him down with your now unconcealed weapon I seriously doubt anyone would say a word. I doubt they'd want look stupid by citing someone who just saved a bunch of people's lives. Even if it came to that, the most important life would be saved, YOURS.

When it comes to concealed carry, it's not all that hard to do and in a manner that only someone that hugs or fondles you will know.

Now there ARE some who are so proud of the fact they are carrying they often seem to go out of their way to tell people or make sure they see it. They should stay out of bars.

Even if there was some vindictive ballbag that tried to bring a case against somebody for illegally carrying in a bar and then subsequently putting two slugs in the chest of a potential mass shooter, a good lawyer might be able to toss the case on the doctrine of competing harms. NOT breaking the law would've resulted in far more injury than breaking the law. Probably some finer details, but Masad Ayoob instantly came to mind when I read that. But anyway...
I avoid going to bars when carrying anyway, just as a rule of thumb. Guns and alcohol just don't mix well. Somebody I know may or may not have wandered in to the Skagit to buy smokes while carrying a few times (side-note, something about being able to drink AND smoke in the same building feels liberating. Filthy, but liberating.), but that's the farthest that that particular individual, whoever he or she may be, has ever gotten.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3