Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:27 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Cerberus Firearms Run The Gun Courses 
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Allow me to cut to the chase: Cerberus Training Group’s Run the Gun courses are hands-down the best training I’ve taken for years. These courses were transformative to me, providing the single-biggest leap forward in skill and comfort that I’ve had in nearly 10 years. Steve (the owner) first reviews the fundamentals of the firearm, platform (stance), grip, and operations and then rockets you through drill after drill to force you to assemble all the fundamentals into a more cohesive whole. And then he adds a timer to simulate increased pressure, which also highlights weaknesses in the fundamentals. And then he walks you back further and further away from the target, forcing you to slow down and get it right.

While Steve calls this a “Basic” course, it is anything but “Beginner.” I’ve been shooting for years, and I’m an NRA pistol instructor, teaching two classes per month. I almost didn’t take the class for fear it would be remedial. I was so wrong. This course is applicable to everyone from the casual yet competent shooter to the advanced shooter. In fact, Steve teaches a longer version of this course to law enforcement officers in preparation for entry into an extensive SWAT training program. The only audience I don’t believe this course is appropriate for is someone just brand new to a pistol or rifle. They need a basic NRA course before attending this one, as this course is faster paced and requires familiarity with the platform.

Steve teaches from a foundation of efficiency and field-tested methods. He explains WHY you do something, and then tells you how to do it better. And he gives you a third way, and lets you choose what works best for you. I learned so many things that were, “Wow! That’s way better than the way I do it!”

One of the things that I’m most impressed with is Steve himself. I’ve seen so many instructors in the firearms world who are complete and total a$$holes, intent upon forcing their superiority onto their subjects. Steve is 180 degrees opposite. He is committed to helping students learn; he’ll stop and explain why he does something. If an instruction doesn’t work, he’ll find a way to adapt it to meet your needs. He’ll acknowledge when he doesn’t know something, and if someone has a better idea he’ll study it and make it his.

I’ve cancelled all my training plans for the next year and will be taking all programs that Steve offers going forward. You should too.
Attachment:
IMG_8576.png

Attachment:
IMG_8574.png

Attachment:
IMG_8561.png

Attachment:
IMG_8560.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:19 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rutilate wrote:
I’ve cancelled all my training plans for the next year and will be taking all programs that Steve offers going forward. You should too.

Searching for training plans to cancel . . . searching . . . searching . . . negative on the training plans.

But between this and that damn video, I may just need some. icon_eek

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:26 pm

Rutilate, thank you for the review.

I've been getting quite a few people telling me after the class, that it's not a basic class. I look at it as basic, as I feel it's what everyone should know and be solid with before moving forward.

It's also been hinted to me that I should have people attend the "Foundation " class first, as they would be better prepared for "Run the Gun".

I do listen to my students and take to heart their reviews and comments...they have been duly noted.

NRA Life Member

Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:35 am
Profile WWW

MadPick wrote:
Rutilate wrote:

Searching for training plans to cancel . . . searching . . . searching . . . negative on the training plans.

But between this and that damn video, I may just need some. icon_eek

It was the video wasn't it?...and all those pics of my range! :bigsmile:

NRA Life Member

Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:01 pm
Profile WWW

Being thru one of Steve's training courses my agree with all you said. And I always say to people that you will not find another firearms class in the state that will further your firearms training for the money. Top knotch training, top knotch instructors.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:10 am

Went thru Steve's SAT class and top knotch as always, barracades/oft hand rifle and pistol. Was pretty challenging, and will be seeing Steve again twice a year to continue my training. Worth every penny and then some.

Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:19 am

Porter, so jealous! Love to hear more about what he covered!!

Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:37 am
Profile WWW

Rutilate wrote:
Porter, so jealous! Love to hear more about what he covered!!
Hopefully Steve will chime in as normally its a 2 day class he condensed into one. That's all I remember, but it was good stuff. You should keep in touch and roll with us if you can commit to doing atleast one class a year. My goal for next year is to do 2, two day classes with Steve.

Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last I saw, SAT was (3) days. I am still working on pistol skills before I am ready for SAT.

Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I took Steve's run the gun Pistol course a month back, just haven't had time to post a review. Everything said about is about right. Steve is a knowledgeable instructor and teaches the basics in an advanced manner. You can't shoot well if you don't have the fundamentals.

I highly recommend his classes. I'm looking forward to taking some more.

Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:30 pm

My ears were a burnin'!

The class started out as a 3 days class, but heard from many people that its hard to do 3 days. So am offering the class in 2 or 3 days. Day 1 and 2 concentrate on transitions, both weapon and hand/shoulder. Shooting around obstacles, moving, multi-position platforms, and distance engagements. The 3rd day will concentrate more on working in pairs and groups.

Porter put together the NW AK Meet at my facility back in September, and asked if his group could show up a day early and do a 1 day SAT class on the Friday before the AK festivities started. So I put together a 1 day class that covered a few things from both day 1 and 2.

Just as stated on my website..."We not only offer date selected classes, but if you have a group that likes to train together we will tailor make a class that fits your groups needs at no extra charge…we are student driven."...and Porter put me to the task.

We worked on transitions, shooting around obstacles, positional platforms and some moving. It is a bit more physically demanding, as there's some kind of movement or positional shooting in every drill, and some make you really work for the shot.

NRA Life Member

Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:54 pm
Profile WWW

Guys for those that want to do 1-2 classes per year we should form a group so individuals skills levels grows together at same pace. We get more accomplished that way as a group.

Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:40 am

Just signed up for Run the Gun April 13-14th, I am super excited to get some good training!

Low speed high drag or some ish...

Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]