Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:27 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Plane stolen from Seatac 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
Just like military vehicles, no keys. We used to run a length of chain around the steering wheel, very ghetto.

ooga booga!
Attachment:
lock-chain.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
'I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue'...

Surely, you can't be serious?

Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In fairness to number 5 and ground control, the east maintenance ramp is uncontrolled unless you cross the double line. Once he crossed the lines, he was probably on the runway in less than a minute. Might even have been an intersection departure, so even less.

The media is losing its mind. Any credentialed person with knowledge could do this. When repositioning, there's usually only one person on board. What are they going to do, make everyone work in pairs at all times? If someone is determined, they will find a way.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
'I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue'...

Surely, you can't be serious?

Does anyone here speak Jive?

Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Richard Russell is a glorious soul! 8/10 shall be named Beebo Day where people fly RC Q-400s, do barrel rolls, and loops all while raising a glass in his memory. He's one of the GOATs of the century.

Gary Beck is trying real hard not to crack a smile or smirk because he has a certain level of admiration for what Richard pulled off in the Q400.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Eddie Dean wrote:
Richard Russell is a glorious soul! 8/10 shall be named Beebo Day where people fly RC Q-400s, do barrel rolls, and loops all while raising a glass in his memory. He's one of the GOATs of the century.

Gary Beck is trying real hard not to crack a smile or smirk because he has a certain level of admiration for what Richard pulled off in the Q400.

Saved lives?

They didn’t convince him to do shit, he knew what he wanted to do and how it was going to end. This guy didn’t sound off his rocker on the comms at all.

He did exactly what folks here wanted “krazy ppl” to do: take himself out alone and not cost taxpayers money on a drawn put judicial process along with hots and a cot.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

UpDog wrote:
Eddie Dean wrote:

Saved lives?

They didn’t convince him to do shit, he knew what he wanted to do and how it was going to end. This guy didn’t sound off his rocker on the comms at all.

He did exactly what folks here wanted “krazy ppl” to do: take himself out alone and not cost taxpayers money on a drawn put judicial process along with hots and a cot.

I think Beck was trying not to smile since he got a secret kick out of the barrel roll and loop Russell did without crashing. I think he was confident in the maneuvers because, in the end, he didn't care if he could do it or not. Just wanted to see if it could be done before purposely crashing it.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When I was in the service we used to secure our vehicles with a $3 Master padlock and the key was kept in the logbook. Jeeps and Trucks worth only a few thousand bucks each.

Now here we have a 30 Million dollar plane just sitting there for the taking as long as someone knows the starting procedure. Apparently not just pilots and mechanics do.

Just think how much Alaska Airlines could have saved if they'd sprung for an interlock that required an ID card and PIN to begin the startup procedure. Surely there is a master switch or it's equivalent that is shut off when the plane is "parked".

As for his being shot down? Sorry conspiracy theory fanatics, it appears that he ran the sucker out of "gas". I don't believe they fuel these baby's until the pilot has done his load and flight time calc's then ordered a fuel truck.

Wonder how long it will be before someone else tries this only with a bigger plane. Millions of dollars of aircraft all without an "Ignition Key". Hell, my dad's Stinson Voyager even had one of those.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

deadshot2 wrote:
When I was in the service we used to secure our vehicles with a $3 Master padlock and the key was kept in the logbook. Jeeps and Trucks worth only a few thousand bucks each.

Now here we have a 30 Million dollar plane just sitting there for the taking as long as someone knows the starting procedure. Apparently not just pilots and mechanics do.

Just think how much Alaska Airlines could have saved if they'd sprung for an interlock that required an ID card and PIN to begin the startup procedure. Surely there is a master switch or it's equivalent that is shut off when the plane is "parked".

As for his being shot down? Sorry conspiracy theory fanatics, it appears that he ran the sucker out of "gas". I don't believe they fuel these baby's until the pilot has done his load and flight time calc's then ordered a fuel truck.

Wonder how long it will be before someone else tries this only with a bigger plane. Millions of dollars of aircraft all without an "Ignition Key". Hell, my dad's Stinson Voyager even had one of those.

You can bet your last nickel there will be copy cats.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Doubt that plane was designed for barrel rolls...

https://streamable.com/n3w3a

Reminds me of the 9/11 truthers that claim that planes cannot do extraordinary things (the truthers claim that a plane cannot go 550mph at low altitude or the wings will sheer off and the plane will disintegrate), and that planes are too complicated for average people to fly them without decades of experience). Clearly, both untrue, as we just saw.

Yet again another clear defeat in the nonsense that planes are SOOOO complicated that the 9/11/01 terrorists couldn't fly them into towers (which would have been simple, by the way, straight lines hitting massive objects in line-of-sight from 50 miles out).

And of course planes are over-built to withstand far greater stresses than the "planes can't do that" brigade will have you believe. They will tell you a load of nonsense such as a plane at 1000 feet will disintegrate at 550mph. Obviously not true, given the barrel role you just witnessed on this video... over-built aircrafts to withstand extremely greater stresses.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A friend of mine that is a retired UPS Capt. pilot has shared many stories with me. Enough to fill this thread for weeks.
It's a wonder he is still alive after hearing some of the stuff he's shared.
Most are just like driving on I5. Idiots not paying attention to the fully loaded 18 wheeler headed straight for you.
Boeing planes are built! Like stated above, overbuilt... on purpose. Yeah, that was a Bombardier but still overbuilt. They have to be.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Random thought here but if you don't have any way of locking the plane or no ignition key, will the insurance have to pay out on this?
:bonghit:

Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A lot of things are rated to do X, but can really handle Z. I wonder if the blue stuff splashed out of the toilet? :bigsmile: :wink05:

Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
A lot of things are rated to do X, but can really handle Z. I wonder if the blue stuff splashed out of the toilet? :bigsmile: :wink05:

Did Steve design the shitter?

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next