Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:13 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 4117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 275  Next
 what did you cook today thread 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
FullCaliber wrote:
Decided to take it easy for the first run. Just a small tri-tip. Delicious.

Mmmm . . . I like tri-tip. thumbsup

Don't forget to stock up on pellets: viewtopic.php?f=65&t=93813

Cash and Carry is your Friend. Angus Tri-Tips are under three bucks a Pound in a 6-7 ct bag right now. Grocery stores charge for them like a Flat Iron Steak. Years ago they were both Stew Meat and dirt cheap....now they have found a niche through Marketing.

Yeah, that's a lot of Tri-Tip, but Smoke them all and Vacuum pack and they will be perfect for months.

Pellets....Yes, buy Lamrith's Pellets, they are high quality with no "base" wood Like Traeger Pellets.

That makes a difference. :bigsmile:

I love Tri-Tip too, but i only eat it Cold. Slice it thin and just dip it in a nice Sweet Hot mustard or the flavor of your choice. Makes an excellent Slider with Hawaiian Sweet rolls and the same Mustard of your choice.

Happy Smoking!

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

pork smoked devil eggs, jalapeno poppers and boiled peanuts

Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:13 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Sweet and sour seafood (jumbo prawns, octopus, squid, clams, and mussels), tempura breaded and deep fried.
Typical red sweet and sour sauce with onions, pineapple, green pepper served with white rice.

Was going to do sweet and sour chicken or pork, didn't like what they had at Safeway so drove down to G Mart (Paldo World).
Also grabbed more oyster sauce, needed that anyhow

Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Deep fried pheasant strips. There were as good as they sound!

Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I harvested a decent little pile of cayenne peppers from my overloaded plant. I sliced them all up, seeds and all. Mixed with a little salt, tiny bit of sugar, and rice wine vinegar. Thought about adding fish sauce, but will leave neutral for now. Allow to steep for a few days. Can be used as a condiment.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
I harvested a decent little pile of cayenne peppers from my overloaded plant. I sliced them all up, seeds and all. Mixed with a little salt, tiny bit of sugar, and rice wine vinegar. Thought about adding fish sauce, but will leave neutral for now. Allow to steep for a few days. Can be used as a condiment.

Sounds good. My wife makes a Filipino sauce called finedeni which is very similar. Great on egg rolls and other delicious goodies :bigsmile:

Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

GeekWithGuns wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Sounds good. My wife makes a Filipino sauce called finedeni which is very similar. Great on egg rolls and other delicious goodies :bigsmile:

You could take this, add soy and green onions and have finadene. :thumbsup2:

Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:

Put some on my fried eggs this am. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

out of the smoker...thats only a part of it.

Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:01 am

Currently in my smoker is an entire brisket coated with my spice rub, and some goat cubes coated with ras el hanout that'll become goat burnt ends. In the smoker that I've borrowed are 4 racks of ribs. There's another 3 racks to make.
I'm also making cornbread, and the guests are bringing side dishes.

Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WanderingWalrus wrote:
Currently in my smoker is an entire brisket coated with my spice rub, and some goat cubes coated with ras el hanout that'll become goat burnt ends. In the smoker that I've borrowed are 4 racks of ribs. There's another 3 racks to make.
I'm also making cornbread, and the guests are bringing side dishes.

Nice! Not sure what a Goat Cube is though.....Brisket Burnt ends are amazing though. :thumbsup2:

I'm throwing on one rack of Spares and going to reverse Sear some New York's. Some Corn on the Cob, Green Salad and Baked potatoes for the mix.
Oh, and some Kielbasa and Brats in the Smoker too, just for snacking. :wagwoot:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

chopped up goat little 1x1 cubes good shit with stew

Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cmica wrote:
out of the smoker...thats only a part of it.

Mmmmm....Beef Short Ribs. :thumbsup2:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:53 am

usrifle wrote:
Nice! Not sure what a Goat Cube is though.....Brisket Burnt ends are amazing though. :thumbsup2:

Well, things got busy and I didn't get a chance to take photos. Oh well.

I've eaten goat meat before and it was pretty good. I decided to get some when I saw some in the supermarket a while back, but I'd never got around to cooking it. It just sat in the freezer. I decided to cook it this time. For some reason, my choices for buying goat meat is either entire leg, or "some, but already in bite-size pieces that someone ran through a bandsaw while frozen, so enjoy those chunky bits of bone!". I had some of the latter.

I decided to treat it like burnt ends - smoke until it's tender, then wrap in foil with honey, brown sugar and butter until ridiculously tender. Then was the moment I realized I had no barbecue sauce to sauce them with. Actually, nobody realized there was no sauce at all yesterday.

I did watch expressions when carving the brisket, though. I got it *right*, and so I held the knife with the tip on the board and the handle a little higher up and just drag towards me - same as you use for delicate greens. It was going right through - no resistance - no hacking back and forth. It was awesome. Ribs were pretty good, too.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:35 am

BANH MI.

I have a theory that anywhere where the food is "local, with French influence" it's good food. Vietnam is an example. I may have had pho for lunch. I had banh mi for dinner.

Yesterday I cooked some pork belly sous-vide for 9-10 hours (I forget exactly) until it was very, very tender. I sliced this up today and put it in a skillet to heat through and brown a little on the cut sides. In the meantime I crushed some peanuts, make pickled carrot and daikon matchsticks, and got the pickled cucumber and onions out of the fridge. I put some French style bread in the oven, and when that was warm I sliced it open, put on a thin layer of pate, some pickled onions and cucumber, slices of pork belly, pickled daikon and carrot, and some crushed peanuts.

Frankly, I fucked up. My wife got home a little late and the bread was too crusty as a result - it needed to be softer. It also needed the big handful of cilantro, or parsley (if, like me, you have the gene for cilantro tasting like soapy ass). I didn't fuck it up enough that I'm not having another banh mi for lunch tomorrow...

Crappy picture, sorry. All of the pictures came out bad tonight.

Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 275  Next