Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:44 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Best place to shoot 100 yards non member 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Kenmore range is the closest place to me for non members. Is there a better place to shoot out to 100 yards without being a member? I’ve never been there so I’m just going off reviews and they don’t look to good.

Thanks!

Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:15 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Kenmore is a fine place to shoot. Just mind the rules. The old guard there was pretty aggressive about rule enforcement. I think that's where most of the bad reviews came from. They have a lot of younger staff now that are a lot more forgiving of newcomers. I wouldn't let the reviews scare you off. Try it for yourself. I used to shoot there regularly and really like the range facility.

Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the super quick reply! I was thinking about checking it out tomorrow once they opened up.
Thanks again.

Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Marysville Rifle Club has Public Range Day on Thursdays. $10 or $15 to shoot.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:58 am

Used to like Marysville about 15 years ago. The rules requiring only one firearm at the line at a time with everything else to be left (unsupervised) in your car, along with carrying from the car to the line uncased and pointed to the sky and only one round in the magazine at a time killed it for me. In addition you share spotting scopes.

If you don't mind a bit of a drive, Plantation just south of Bellingham is nice. They are right off the exit ramp. Pretty sure it is Municipal or Parks and Rec run. They have rifle from 50 to 300 and I think the pistol range goes out to 100. The RMs are very friendly, and spotting scope rentals are $2. Wind at 300 is very minimal as the range is tightly bordered by trees.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the replies guys! I went to the Kenmore range today right when they opened. I was surprised, it was a really good range. Everybody was friendly and I had no problems there except grouping my shots lol.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:59 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

CkinEverett wrote:
Used to like Marysville about 15 years ago. The rules requiring only one firearm at the line at a time with everything else to be left (unsupervised) in your car, along with carrying from the car to the line uncased and pointed to the sky

Is that still the case? Were you actually required to uncase at the car and then carry the uncased rifle to the line?

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

+1 on Plantation. Very friendly staff and a well-run operation. Access to/from I-5 couldn't be easier.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Closest rifle range to you is Kenmore. Been a member for over 8yrs, and never had an issue with the staff. If anything, the staff like to talk eventhough I sometimes just want to shoot. Most everyone is helpful just be safe and follow the rules. I also shoot at Seattle Rifle & Pistol, Cascade, Renton Fish & Game, and Plantation (haven't been there for several years)

This is what Range #1 looks like. Most of the time there's only a handful of members on this range. Distance is 50, 100, 200, amd 300yds. Members must qualify before shooting beyond 100yds. BTW - members range has concrete benches compared to the rickety wood ones on the public side that and we can also shoot in the prone position.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:13 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Pistondriven wrote:
Thanks for the replies guys! I went to the Kenmore range today right when they opened. I was surprised, it was a really good range. Everybody was friendly and I had no problems there except grouping my shots lol.

Practice makes proficient! Glad to hear you had a good range trip!

Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I liked Issaquah sportmen club. They allow 10 rounds in the magazine unlike kenmore with only 1. Sure it would depend on how far you live from each place. Make your tradeoffs.

Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kenmore is restricted to load one shoot one for centerfire cartridges (5rds for rimfire) but so are half the ranges I go to. Most people don't know but you can ask an RO for a function test they'll let you load multiple rounds and stand by you to ensure you are safe.

Otherwise, the upside is you can practice your mag changes.

Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]