Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Charity - Community Volunteering 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I know if the past we have posted stuff like this before, mods if this is in the wrong section, I apologize.

We have a long history of volunteering here at WAGuns and this is another opportunity. My daughter's friend's mother needs a new roof. She is a single mother raising four kids, two of which are currently attending college, one is in high school, the other starts pre-school next year.

Anyway she is on limited income, but is not on any state assistance. She has managed to save a few thousand dollars to put a roof on her house, but has not the knowledge or experience to do so.

I will be there busting my ass, looking for as many volunteers as possible, roofing experience not required. details below.

I have put a few roofs on and pretty much know what I am doing, I will however turn over the supervision to anyone with more experience.

and any of you single guys looking for a possible mate, she is interested in finding a man, she is a very nice, in shape, attractive women (former SeaGals cheerleader)......talkn' to you Juk....I can't guarantee you would get a date with her, but putting a roof on her house couldn't hurt.

Location: West hill of Auburn (near Thomas Jefferson High School, address provided in PM)
Dates: September 22nd & 23rd
Times: 9 am - whenever we finish
Food and beer provided (beer after the work is complete obviously)

We are renting a nail gun (possibly two) and I am bringing a pancake compressor and some tools. If you have tools, bring 'em, like I said the more the better

Whaddya say? :wagwoot:

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:31 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Type of roofing? Pitch? One story or two story?

Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

one story house with a garage that is a few feet taller, pitch is fairly shallow, nothing we would need safety harnesses for

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:08 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm probably able to and have some roofing experience.

Labor, not management...

Have tools.

Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think I am free Casey. Have compressor and hand tools. Have done a bit of roofing in my days. Is this three tab?

Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:14 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I hired a guy to come to an overlay roof on my old house in Lynnwood. I spent a total of $3,600 for material and labor for the complete job and all new vents on the roof. He did a great job! Maybe for a part of her budget he could be talked into coming down and supervising with his experience on hand.

Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’m pretty sure I’m free next weekend.

Have large compressor that will run all the guns but only one roofing nailer. Plenty of hoses.

Does the old roof need to come off? I have a dump trailer and one of those shingle remover tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

to answer the questions,

Yes the old roof needs to come off and we have no idea what lurks underneath.

The new roofing will be the asphalt composite "3 tab" stuff

I'll PM the address to all respondents later

Thanks guys!

Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:00 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bump, we could still use some helping hands

Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:38 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Are you watching the weather?

Looks like it’s going to rain on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

yeah we are watching the weather, we will have to decide Saturday morning perhaps....stay tuned

also if anyone else is interested in helping, we can use all the hands we can get

Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:03 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bump, looks like a chance of rain tomorrow, but it will be clear on Sunday

free beer and pizza!

Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:13 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So are we off for Saturday and on for Sunday? Or is Saturday still on?

Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, let's get some clarity on time and which day...

I plan to be there to help. I have a compressor and some hand tools.

Thanks everyone for volunteering.

Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We are on for Saturday and Sunday, we are hoping the rain will pass us by or be light enough not to affect us......

Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:47 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next