Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:48 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 General amnesty for immigrants from SGN? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've been reading the thread about SGN shutting down, and there are people who apparently have gotten lifetime bans from WaGuns who are now losing what might be their only access to the gun community (I know there are other sites as well, but WaGuns seems to be the going-est concern (that's a word)). I know you guys (as in the owners and mods) have banned these folks for good reasons, and I know you're going to have to monitor them if you let them back in. I also know there's a good chance that some of the people I wasn't sad to see disappear may show up again to start annoying me again. I'll live. I also know some of them will probably be banned again quickly, but at least we gave them a chance to straighten up and fly right.

Maybe let them in on a short leash, or give them enough rope to hang themselves as quickly as they can, I"m not sure what the procedure should be. I also don't know how you'd communicate the amnesty if you were to offer it. Maybe you keep a list of banned folks? Dunno. Maybe Norm will let you post a redirector on SGN or a final thread of the offer of amnesty.

It was just a thought I had last night.

Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:00 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Seems fair to me. I know there are some people banned from SGN who are active and welcome members on WGO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:06 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

We typically do NOT debate discussions or choices in the backend (moderator section), but as far as I know, there is only ONE individual who has been banned from here, permanently, that this thread is about. This person was warned, asked politely, temp banned and then permanently banned. This choice was not taken lightly, or easily. The 36 posts that this individual had provided no substance or benefit to the membership of WaGuns, but only acted as a conduit of hate and content towards another member.

They have been given a short leash, a long leash and no leash.. They hung themselves each time. I am not inclined to give them another.

Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:11 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

People, even those that have been banned, can always communicate with us: webmaster@waguns.org.

First, don't believe everything you read in that thread. We don't take banning lightly here, and nobody gets permabanned without either a damn good reason or by showing that they are consistently unable or unwilling to adhere to our Code of Conduct. Unless you're a spammer or a scammer, if you get permabanned from WaGuns then you have likely had many, many PM exchanges with the mods.

Some of the folks who have been banned from here, including the one discussed in that SGN thread, received this from me: "You are being banned, but if you ever decide that you're willing to adhere to the Code of Conduct and want to come back, just let us know."

And . . . we've never heard back from him. So, it's his choice that he's not here, as far as I'm concerned.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:12 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Remember that scene in the original Ghostbusters where dude from the city comes in and shuts down the containment grid for all of the ghosts they'd caught? I'm picturing something like that.

Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was banned from SGN for calling the owner a racist... Yes we didn't agree.
I have pushed the boundary here a couple times but the mods & owners will give you many chances. It's actually tough to get a lifetime ban here unless you're really stupid or have a substance problem.
I for one don't miss the assholes that have been booted!

Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

edogg wrote:
Seems fair to me. I know there are some people banned from SGN who are active and welcome members on WGO.

But they were no longer active and welcome members of SGN.

~~~

If they were banned from here, you are correct, there was good reason.

'Good reason' doesn't change just because they are now losing the place they may currently be posting. It only changes when they decide to abide by the rules.

Build the wall! :wink05:

Vet those who are allowed to migrate back in.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
People, even those that have been banned, can always communicate with us: webmaster@waguns.org.

First, don't believe everything you read in that thread. We don't take banning lightly here, and nobody gets permabanned without either a damn good reason or by showing that they are consistently unable or unwilling to adhere to our Code of Conduct. Unless you're a spammer or a scammer, if you get permabanned from WaGuns then you have likely had many, many PM exchanges with the mods.

Some of the folks who have been banned from here, including the one discussed in that SGN thread, received this from me: "You are being banned, but if you ever decide that you're willing to adhere to the Code of Conduct and want to come back, just let us know."

And . . . we've never heard back from him. So, it's his choice that he's not here, as far as I'm concerned.

Oh, I'm far more inclined to believe what you guys have to say than comments from people I've never met. And I'll also defer to your judgement. I know of only one person you guys have perma-banned here, and I whole heartedly agree with it. If you have sufficient cause to keep the others banned, so be it.

Massivedesign wrote:
We typically do NOT debate discussions or choices in the backend (moderator section), but as far as I know, there is only ONE individual who has been banned from here, permanently, that this thread is about. This person was warned, asked politely, temp banned and then permanently banned. This choice was not taken lightly, or easily. The 36 posts that this individual had provided no substance or benefit to the membership of WaGuns, but only acted as a conduit of hate and content towards another member.

They have been given a short leash, a long leash and no leash.. They hung themselves each time. I am not inclined to give them another.

Like I said to Steve's comment, I'm far more likely to believe (and agree) with your decisions than random people I've never met. After all, this is your board, not mine, I'm only a visitor, and you guys have the final say.

Since they already have a way back in through the email address, and if they were banned by you guys I'm assuming you provided them with the address to get back in contact should they decide they want another chance, I think we're probably done with this thread.

Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:50 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 8 posts ]