Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:07 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Removing threads from "your posts" 

I commented on an active thread, once, a while ago, and I have no further interest in the thread. How do I stop it coming up the "View your posts" search for me?

Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:48 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well. You posted in it, so it will always be under your posts.

Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:54 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

you need to pay the king TAX.. :wink05:

Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cmica wrote:
you need to pay the king cake TAX.. :wink05:

Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:47 pm

Massivedesign wrote:
Well. You posted in it, so it will always be under your posts.

Yep, and I regret doing that. I don't visit the "What pissed you off today?" thread on an hourly basis, so I don't need to be told it's the thread I posted in that most recently has something new in it. I want to unsubscribe from it.

Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:29 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ahhh.. got it. You can unsubscribe from receiving notifications from that threads activity. Just need to go to your subscriptions and remove it. ucp.php?i=main&mode=subscribed

Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:51 am
Profile WWW

I thought that might have been suspiciously easy. Unfortunately, I've only got the sous-vide cooking thread in there. Having posted in a thread seems to be an implicit add to the list of threads that I'm notified about.

Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:41 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I apparently don't subscribe to any because I don't get notifications when threads are updated. Which is how I like it.

Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:16 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

WanderingWalrus wrote:
I thought that might have been suspiciously easy. Unfortunately, I've only got the sous-vide cooking thread in there. Having posted in a thread seems to be an implicit add to the list of threads that I'm notified about.

At first I thought that you were bugged that a thread showed up in the "View your posts" list...
Then it sounded like you are subscribed to a thread that you want to unsubscribe one.
Now it sounds like you are receiving email notifications every time someone posts in any thread that you have posted in.

Now I can sum it up as "I have no idea what's going on." haha

Of the three options that I described, which one is closest to what you are seeing on your end WW?

Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
WanderingWalrus wrote:

At first I thought that you were bugged that a thread showed up in the "View your posts" list...
Then it sounded like you are subscribed to a thread that you want to unsubscribe one.
Now it sounds like you are receiving email notifications every time someone posts in any thread that you have posted in.

Of the three options that I described, which one is closest to what you are seeing on your end WW?

Dunno about him, but I get an email notice every time someone posts in any thread I have posted in.

The caveats...

I only get a notice, if I have gone and checked the thread, since the last notice. In other words, if I get the email notice, and go and check the thread, I will get another notice the next time someone posts in the thread.

If I do not go and check, then I will not get another notice, even if several more people post in that thread. Then, if I go and check and read all those, I'll get another notice the next time someone posts.

I can unsubscribe from a thread, as Dan has described. If I do so, I don't get email notices about that thread any more. But if I come to the forum, and choose "View your posts", that thread will still, of course, show up in the list of threads.

Sometimes I get two notices about the very same post in the very same thread. A couple times I have even gotten three notices. This is a thread that I have posted in, so I am getting the email notices. I'll get a notice about someone posting in the thread. I will not go and check it. I'll get another notice. That shouldn't happen. Go and check at this point, and only one person has posted. Regardless, even if several had, I shouldn't have gotten the second, and sometimes third notices because I had not gone and checked the thread yet.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:46 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

WanderingWalrus wrote:

Ok, go to the thread that you no longer want to receive notifications on and look in the upper left corner. Click those links to toggle.

From there, you can subscribe and unsubscribe as well as control thread bookmarks.

Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:47 am
Profile WWW

PMB wrote:

Sorry, I should have been more specific. The threads are showing up in the "View your posts" list, but I'm not set to receive any email notifications for threads - only private messages. That seems to work fine..

Of the 3 options, number 1 is the problem. I wish to remove it from that list.

Massivedesign wrote:
WanderingWalrus wrote:

Ok, go to the thread that you no longer want to receive notifications on and look in the upper left corner. Click those links to toggle.

From there, you can subscribe and unsubscribe as well as control thread bookmarks.

I get options to subscribe and bookmark on the left. These imply that I'm not subscribed at all. I believe that I'm not subscribed. I just don't want it to show up in my posts anymore.

Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:49 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

DGM33 wrote:
I apparently don't subscribe to any because I don't get notifications when threads are updated. Which is how I like it.

Same. I never subscriber to threads. Ever.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:01 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WanderingWalrus wrote:
PMB wrote:

Sorry, I should have been more specific. The threads are showing up in the "View your posts" list, but I'm not set to receive any email notifications for threads - only private messages. That seems to work fine..

Of the 3 options, number 1 is the problem. I wish to remove it from that list.

Massivedesign wrote:
WanderingWalrus wrote:

I get options to subscribe and bookmark on the left. These imply that I'm not subscribed at all. I believe that I'm not subscribed. I just don't want it to show up in my posts anymore.

You aren't going to be able to do that.

Unsubscribing from a thread will keep you from getting email notifications. That's all.

Once you have posted in the thread, the thread will forever be in the list of threads when you check, "View your posts".

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:40 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

As others said. Once you post in a thread, it will ALWAYS be in your posts.. And visible in your "View my posts' listing. Post in a lot of other threads, then the one you don't want will be on page 2, and you'll never see it again :)

Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next