Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:52 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 +1 Gunfighters Inc. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I bought a Gunfighters Inc Ronin holster and double mag pouch about over a year ago for my full size M&P45 from my LGS as they carry a huge selection of them. More of a leather guy with holsters, and steel guns, but figured for my needs, and the plastic gun, Id give kydex a try. Quick story, I bought this gun and holster set up as a commuter gun, as I carry off body most working days. I have a CC pack they ride in, and didnt see a point in carrying my nicer 1911s that way. So enter the M&P and kydex.
First, the holster is badass. Really good retention, molded great. Curved to fit the body well. THE best belt loops I have seen on any sort of kydex holster, as they have a kind of texture on them to hold the holster in place so it doesnt slide. The double mag pouch is every bit as good for the same reasons. Retention is surprisingly good.
I cant say enough about the retention of these things. I carry the pistol with a 10rd mag and can shake it upside down and it doesnt drop free. With the 14rds mags, it will with some pretty vigorous shaking. The mag pouches carry 2 14rd mags. Can turn that upside down and shake around and they hold as well. Impressive.
They also do not seem to excessively wear on the pistol or the mags.

Here is where GFI REALLY impressed me. I grabbed the holster from my LGS and that was that. Well of course it didnt have space for the safety. Didnt care too much as I almost exclusively carried it off body. Well once I started carrying it more, it was disengaging the safety and I needed that resolved. My LGS is great, but shit with returns, and it had been too long anyway. I emailed GFIs customer service from their website about it. I clearly stated I bought the wrong holster and it was my fault, but I wanted to send them my holster to have it modified for the safety relief. A day or so later I got a response with instructions for shipping and a "no problem, send it our way". About 2 weeks later they email back asking for a return address, and 2 more days it was back home.
They did it all free of charge. Through email I offered to pay and it was never addressed and appeared they didnt want any part of it. To me it speaks volumes when a customer tells you they fucked up, ask for help, and the company goes out their way to "make it right" when they dont have to, and free of charge at that!

Gunfighters Inc, great products, top notch customer service!!!!

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:03 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Great frickin’ review, man.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:13 am

I had one for my vp9 and sent it back because I didn't think it concealed very well. Fast forward and I bought a bravo concealment bca and for the most part liked it but just don't like driving with the handle sticking into my seat. Surplus arms in Tacoma had the Ronin vp9 and I just compared them real quick and they both conceal about the same, just the gunfighter has the tape in the belt loops to keep from slipping around. Unfortuanly surplus arms is cutting ties with them so they can't get me a g19 Ronin holster and the other dealer I found in Kent wants $80 + tax when they are $65 from gunfighter

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hands down, my favorite holster. I have one for my P320 RX, G17/19, M&P9 2.0, Govt sized 1911, and my P226

I bought a P226 SAO Legion and the guy threw it in with the deal. I've been hooked ever since. And they are located in Wenatchee, Veteran owned

NRA Range Safety Officer
Good guy with a gun

Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]