Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:19 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 579, 580, 581, 582, 583, 584, 585 ... 878  Next
 What did you do today in the world of firearms? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ordered a holster for my Ruger American with light

Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Stiffened up a plate carrier with some Lvl 3 AR500 plates I snagged today.

Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bought a Stribog SP9A1 and Safety Harbor Stribog rear Pic Rail. SB Tactical FS1913 brace next. This thing is going to be badass.

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Put three lasers on sharks handguns and a red dot on a rifle.

The Right to Buy Weapons Is the Right to Be Free

Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

added some more cake batter (bondo) to a custom thumbhole stock I am making, then sanded on some more rust pitted steel.....

I then disassembled another rifle to reblue

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ordered some 80% lowers. Gotta try out the ghost Gunner

Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:17 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yesterday I took my GSG-5 to the range for the first time in a looong time. It's been such a long time because the rifle is such a piece of shit, and wouldn't run reliably for me. Well, yesterday I cleaned it, then took CCI Mini-Mags, and it worked perfectly for me although I only put a few dozen rounds through it. I had a friend that had some malfunctions with it, but I'm just gonna blame him for limp-shouldering it. :wink05:

So I spent a good portion of today tearing that bitch apart, cleaning it more, wiping out all of the old gummed-up Gunzilla (I might start just calling it Gumzilla) from the guts, etc. I Dremeled one part down to disable the magazine disconnect while I was in there. I chased a few springs. I learned a lot.

Mostly I learned that this is really a cheap gun . . . I felt like I was working on a child's toy. Wow.

I bought this rifle used, and it had some "upgrades" but the seller included the original parts as well. I decided to pull off the replacement handguard and cheesy sliding plastic stock, and put the original furniture back on. I'm missing the fastener that holds the original handguard in place, gotta figure that out.

Here's the way it looked this morning. Note the fat UTG rail covers over the fat UTG rail:

Here's the way it looks now:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Stole a friend of mines labradar on Wednesday. Loaded up some subs for 300 blackout on Friday and went yesterday to the range.

Turns out the labradar doesn’t work at ISA with the concrete walls so had to load up some more and go to west coast armory north today and found my loads.

Let some random people at the range shoot my sub loads through the suppressor to try it out and enjoyed the smiles on their faces Image

Can home and loaded up the rest of the midway blems I bought into the 300 blackout subs for future range days. Thanks a lot to Steve for troubleshooting my labradar problems and helping me with my loads. Sometimes (rarely) you can be helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I loaded my Garage Pistol with 147gr HST's and i went Trap shooting with my son.

A good day. :wagwoot:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
I loaded my Garage Pistol with 147gr HST's and i went Trap shooting with my son.

Anybody that can trap shoot with a pistol is awesome. :bigsmile:

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
usrifle wrote:

Anybody that can trap shoot with a pistol is awesome. :bigsmile:

In the garage makes it just that much tougher. :bow: :thumbsup2:

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:15 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

MyNameIs940 wrote:
Sometimes (rarely) you can be helpful!

That’s just a fringe benefit; it is never my goal. :bigsmile:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Yesterday I took my GSG-5 to the range for the first time in a looong time. It's been such a long time because the rifle is such a piece of shit, and wouldn't run reliably for me. Well, yesterday I cleaned it, then took CCI Mini-Mags, and it worked perfectly for me although I only put a few dozen rounds through it. I had a friend that had some malfunctions with it, but I'm just gonna blame him for limp-shouldering it. :wink05:

So I spent a good portion of today tearing that bitch apart, cleaning it more, wiping out all of the old gummed-up Gunzilla (I might start just calling it Gumzilla) from the guts, etc. I Dremeled one part down to disable the magazine disconnect while I was in there. I chased a few springs. I learned a lot.

Mostly I learned that this is really a cheap gun . . . I felt like I was working on a child's toy. Wow.

I bought this rifle used, and it had some "upgrades" but the seller included the original parts as well. I decided to pull off the replacement handguard and cheesy sliding plastic stock, and put the original furniture back on. I'm missing the fastener that holds the original handguard in place, gotta figure that out.

Here's the way it looked this morning. Note the fat UTG rail covers over the fat UTG rail:

I bought one of those for my son and it's always run flawlessly and even eats Golden bullets. May it was just the "Gumzilla" causing the problems?
Mine came with the retractable stock and i replaced it with the fixed too, the collapsible LOP was too short.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:56 am

usrifle wrote:
MadPick wrote:

I bought one of those for my son and it's always run flawlessly and even eats Golden bullets. May it was just the "Gumzilla" causing the problems?
Mine came with the retractable stock and i replaced it with the fixed too, the collapsible LOP was too short.

I have the GSG AK 22 and like it so much, another is incoming. It won't run 100% on subs (maybe 97%) but it is brand new. Supers run 100%. $300 @ CDNN and right now $5 shipping. I'm going to buy the HK 22 next.. is there a way to suppress it? The AK can be suppressed with a Gemtech adaptor

Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:51 am

I got a chance to play with my neighbors GSG a couple of years ago when he first got it..... I was not impressed.
My thoughts were that $300 could be spent much wiser elsewhere.....

I had the same thoughts about the Beretta NEOS he picked up too --- damn rear sight was moving all over the place making it impossible to sight it in.

I will admit both guns looked pretty cool.... they just didn't deliver on quality for the price.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 13165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 579, 580, 581, 582, 583, 584, 585 ... 878  Next