Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:26 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Veterans Appreciation 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you to all who served. I call you brother or sister.

:flag: :patriot:

I'm a little ticked off. I blame myself, but I lazily looked online and saw two sites that said the big veterans parade is in Auburn on 11 November 2018, and a host of events. Makes sense, since that's the 100 year anniversary of the end of WWI and the actual date of the holiday. I didn't inquire further.

Well the parade was today 10 November in Auburn WASHINGTON. The site references Auburn but no state. I called the number and it's for California. I explained to the lady the mixup and her poor site design cost me (and maybe others) missing the parade. I should have looked more thoroughly since it is plainly on Auburn Washington's home page. It didn't occur to me it would be on Saturday, since the holiday is on Sunday and observed on Monday. So I didn't investigate further. I blame myself, but gosh I really would have liked to have gone.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"ADDRESS TO FELLOW-COUNTRYMEN
The White House, November 11, 1919.

A year ago today our enemies laid down their arms in accordance with an armistice which rendered them impotent to renew hostilities, and gave to the world an assured opportunity to reconstruct its shattered order and to work out in peace a new and juster set of international relations. The soldiers and people of the European Allies had fought and endured for more than four years to uphold the barrier of civilization against the aggressions of armed force. We ourselves had been in the conflict something more than a year and a half.

With splendid forgetfulness of mere personal concerns, we remodeled our industries, concentrated our financial resources, increased our agricultural output, and assembled a great army, so that at the last our power was a decisive factor in the victory. We were able to bring the vast resources, material and moral, of a great and free people to the assistance of our associates in Europe who had suffered and sacrificed without limit in the cause for which we fought.

Out of this victory there arose new possibilities of political freedom and economic concert. The war showed us the strength of great nations acting together for high purposes, and the victory of arms foretells the enduring conquests which can be made in peace when nations act justly and in furtherance of the common interests of men.

To us in America the reflections of Armistice Day will be filled with solemn pride in the heroism of those who died in the country’s service, and with gratitude for the victory, both because of the thing from which it has freed us and because of the opportunity it has given America to show her sympathy with peace and justice in the councils of nations.

WOODROW WILSON"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veterans_Day

Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This day has ment different things to me over the years. Those that don’t know me I was in the USMC and the Army. My first few years after my last deployment I hated Veterans Day. I didn’t want to talk about it. Now I do feel different about what I have seen and done in my service. But I know this is a hard time of the year for many of my brothers. If you are feeling fucked up and need to talk PM me with your number. I have been there brothers. Gun in hand just wanting the pain and nightmares to go away. There are many of us on this sight that have gone through hell and have seen the Reaper and would accept him with open arms just so you can sleep at night and have peace.

Marine out

Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am thankful and grateful for those that served.
It was the Air Force or Boeing when I was 18. Boeing got me first. I spent some time on the B2 bomber in the early 80's and my last 4 projects were for the Air Force 767 Tanker but that never completed the feeling that I must serve my country like you guys did.
{Salute} to each and every one of ya.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
I am thankful and grateful for those that served.
It was the Air Force or Boeing when I was 18. Boeing got me first. I spent some time on the B2 bomber in the early 80's and my last 4 projects were for the Air Force 767 Tanker but that never completed the feeling that I must serve my country like you guys did.
{Salute} to each and every one of ya.

How many lives do think you saved with your work? Thank you Sir. You contributed more than you think.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:07 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Hoorah Marine!

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:59 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Serving my country was by choice, father was SF, GB airborne lifer that was in the shit from Korea to Vietnam. He was my hero and I enlisted a year after graduation in 77 so served 3 years during peacetime.
To me, my time in the motorpool did not seem to be of major importance but I knew that if it came down to deployment that I would have been ready for it.

I thank all who served in combat and wish you to be at peace with your demons as my father was.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Marine3%er wrote:
This day has ment different things to me over the years. Those that don’t know me I was in the USMC and the Army. My first few years after my last deployment I hated Veterans Day. I didn’t want to talk about it. Now I do feel different about what I have seen and done in my service. But I know this is a hard time of the year for many of my brothers. If you are feeling fucked up and need to talk PM me with your number. I have been there brothers. Gun in hand just wanting the pain and nightmares to go away. There are many of us on this sight that have gone through hell and have seen the Reaper and would accept him with open arms just so you can sleep at night and have peace.

Marine out

Worth repeating, and the offer is always there for me too.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Navy here.
Right up to the end of the Vietnam war.
Saw Participated in the evacuation.
Never really felt like I did anything worth while, so I don't really talk about it.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It seems so long ago. That was me in the middle, the filthy one. NTC November 1989.

Many thanks to all that served. I know we often pick on each other depending on what branch we served under but we all shared a common bond of service. While there are a few folks still around that didn't have have a choice most of us did. We joined up, underwent the pain of being away from friends and loved ones to serve our country. The sacrifices, great and small, cemented us as a brotherhood and sisterhood and I the greatest honor I have had over a 20 year military career and a 13 year career as a DA civilian is working with some of the great men and women, from all walks of life, that have entered my life.

'The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing.'

Adolf Hitler

Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
Navy here.
Right up to the end of the Vietnam war.
Saw Participated in the evacuation.
Never really felt like I did anything worth while, so I don't really talk about it.

You served Rick, don't sell yourself short.

That was worth wile.

Thank you to all Veterans regardless of what you did in the Service, every MOS was a contributor.

:flag:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:43 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

“During this Veterans Day, we pause to remember the sacrifices our Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines, and Coast Guardsmen have made in serving our Nation where and when they were needed.
From one generation to the next, young men and women have willingly joined the ranks of America's Armed Forces. Aware of their obligations as citizens of the greatest Nation on earth, they answered its call; they served the United States with courage and commitment.
For more than two centuries, American Soldiers have preserved the liberty our forefathers earned by their willingness to fight for it, whatever the cost. Our Army has a long and proud history, filled with tradition and pivotal moments in service to our Nation. From the battlefields of Lexington and Bunker Hill, to Normandy and Manila and beyond, American Soldiers have stood firm against those who would deny basic human dignity to others.
We honor each of you, America’s veterans, who served so faithfully and honorably. Through your sacrifices you have secured for millions of others the blessings of freedom, democracy, and the unmatched opportunity that we enjoy in the United States today.
May each of you have a safe Veterans Day. God bless each of you and your families, God bless our Army, and God bless the United States of America.” Peter J. Schoomaker, General, United States Army

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:48 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I want to say thank you to all the veterans for serving this great country. In Canada today is remembrance day which we remember the fallen. I want to share this poem with you guys because I’m not sure if you’ve heard it but it was written during the First World War by Canadian physician Lieutenant-Colonel John McCrae.

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

So today I like to thank the veterans in the country I live in now but also remember the people who gave their lives for the country I came from. Thanks again guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://themilitarywallet.com/veterans-day-free-meals-and-discounts/

Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

From D-Day:
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/mil ... story.html
"After tending to his comrades for about 10 hours, Walden was himself wounded. Walden said he and a 16-year-old fellow corpsman, Virgil Mounts, saw a shell explode near two Army personnel who were carrying a stretcher. When Walden and his friend went to treat them, another shell blew up, killing Mounts instantly."

16 years old.......What were you doing at 16?
:bow:

Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next