Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:01 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Man charged with possession of sbr for brace  
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is part of the reason I’d rather just do a form 1 and get an sbr to avoid all this headache. He was found not guilty but the atf really tried to fuck him.

If you really want your mind to be blown read this PDF WARNING, basically this is the official request to omit the ATF FTB Arm Brace Approval letters from his trial, the argument they used was that these letters were not addressed specifically to the defendant and therefore they weren’t applicable to him...

https://blog.princelaw.com/2018/10/28/a ... t-be-next/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So.... ATF opinions or positions can be used to prosecute you but not to defend you. (even if used to ensure the legality of one's actions)

And "nuanced technical issues on firearms" are "not germane" unless used to determine your guilt...

got it.

Who is John Galt?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
So.... ATF opinions or positions can be used to prosecute you but not to defend you. (even if used to ensure the legality of one's actions)

And "nuanced technical issues on firearms" are "not germane" unless used to determine your guilt...

Pretty much. What an utter disgrace. Heads should be rolling over this.

Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:

got it.

Who is John Galt?

I think the ATF is trying to reel back on the pistol braces since they are becoming extremely common now and being seen as circumventing the nfa.

From what I’ve read the atf isn’t responding anymore to questions on the pistol braces. The last letter was earlier this year and they said they are talking with lawyers on the legality at the moment. Can’t find a source on it but I’ve heard it a few times so I’m not sure. I think they were trying to set a precedent with this charge to get away from people having them. Seems like it backfired.

Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:55 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Guns4Liberty wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

+1
To SCOTUS, Please.

And 4 more SCOTUS Justices who can read plain English please.

Quote:
Similarly, the ATF’s opinions or positions regarding cheek rests, arm braces, and other
matters are not germane to Wright’s knowledge of whether his firearm was a short-barreled rifle.

None of the letters was addressed to Wright.

How can those opinion letters NOT be germane? What an asinine statement.

Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
+1
To SCOTUS, Please.

He was found not guilty so it won’t be going anywhere. If they tried to do this in Washington or California or New York though I would probably be a different outcome due to “guns are bad”. Then it has the possibility to go to scotus. Hopefully it doesn’t come to that.

Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:35 am

The BS concept that a persons life has to be ruined in order for the system to return to sanity and rule of law has GOT to end

Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

Surely you jest. In government when you fuck up you don't get beheaded, you get promoted. Maybe to some obscure position where you are no longer noticed but you get paid more money and get a larger retirement benefit.

Case(s) in point:

Ruby Ridge
Waco
"Fast and Furious"

You see the trend here?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I looked over the exhibit list and it sounds like the brace he was using is a Maxim Defense CBQ Pistol Brace, which to be fair looks a lot more like a stock than a brace. Here's a link to the item:

https://www.maximdefense.com/product/ma ... -for-ar15/

I'm glad he was acquitted, and I think it's absurd that the ATF brought the suit, but I wouldn't put that brace on a pistol.

Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]