Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:54 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Police shoot man in back @ mall... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dan360 wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
dan360 wrote:
glockgirl wrote:
I always thought that shooting a man in the back was an act that instantly pulled your man card, but maybe that's just me.

It depends on the situation

Agreed. Shooting a Frenchman in the back is always excusable and does not require surrender of man card. Especially a French Canadian. Extra points if he's from Quebec.

Ummm, really?

It's

a

Joke...

Obviously he's not serious, he's razzing some folks on here

Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:49 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

dan360 wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
dan360 wrote:
glockgirl wrote:
I always thought that shooting a man in the back was an act that instantly pulled your man card, but maybe that's just me.

Agreed. Shooting a Frenchman in the back is always excusable and does not require surrender of man card. Especially a French Canadian. Extra points if he's from Quebec.

Ummm, really?

Quite serious, really. Down with the Quebecois! Viva la resistance! :bigsmile:

Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:03 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

NWGunner wrote:
dan360 wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
dan360 wrote:
glockgirl wrote:

Ummm, really?

It's

a

Joke...

Obviously he's not serious, he's razzing some folks on here

Shhhhh! We've almost got them where we want them! :hook1:

Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And clowns.

You can shoot clowns anywhere and for any reason.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
And clowns.

You can shoot clowns anywhere and for any reason.

Truth.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is also a racial component to this incident.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/alabama-mall-shooting-shows-again-that-theres-no-second-amendment-for-black-men?ref=home

Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's a complex question.

you have a group of 13% of the population responsible for over half the murders in this country. violent crime also an 'issue' with this demographic. resisting arrest, shooting at police, gang culture, etc.

seeing a redneck walking down the street with an AR slung across his chest yelling 'Jesus loves you!'God is great!' is gonna elicit a different response than a guy in a thobe and ghuthrain yelling 'alluah ackbar' with an AK slung to his chest...

I bet one of them would be deaded pretty quick.

Sure, the guy with the AK yelling aloha snackbar could just be exercising his 2a and 1a rights, but history shows us those activities from that group are pretty negative 99% of the time...

Ditto with BMWAG at a mall shooting.

doesn't make it right, and I'd hesitate to call it racism... more like profiling.. which the FBI does... so it's ok.. hahh

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:

you have a group of 13% of the population responsible for over half the murders in this country. violent crime also an 'issue' with this demographic. resisting arrest, shooting at police, gang culture, etc.

seeing a redneck walking down the street with an AR slung across his chest yelling 'Jesus loves you!'God is great!' is gonna elicit a different response than a guy in a thobe and ghuthrain yelling 'alluah ackbar' with an AK slung to his chest...

That's very different, extremely so, from this incident. Let's not put up strawmen to justify this.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Duke EB wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

That's very different, extremely so, from this incident. Let's not put up strawmen to justify this.

to the contrary... Wearing traditional garb, while exercising your 1st and 2nd amendment rights is..... protected....

I'm merely pointing out the duality of the situation.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Regardless, he shot the victim in the back of the head, neck and back. If he was close enough to make that shot in a mall, he was close enough to challenge him before squeezing the trigger three times. Unless the LEO can provide video or witnesses that can prove there was imminent threat of death to himself or others, my opinion is that it was a bad shoot. If any one of us on this board made that shot, we'd be up on murder charges, and our life would be ruined.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’m OK with them not releasing any video right now. It’s only been 2 weeks and getting all the facts requires time. Their rush to make statements to the public has already resulted in erroneous information being given out.

This strange idea that people are somehow entitled to know every little detail of something that has nothing to do with them doesn’t take precedence over the rights of those involved -- the person who is now dead and the person accused of killing them -- to a proper investigation and, if it comes to it, a fair trial. How investigators work with the families during that time is another story, but broadcasting “facts” while they're still gathering them isn't always the best plan.

That being said, I do expect this kind of evidence to be released eventually, when the time is more appropriate.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mislabeled wrote:
I’m OK with them not releasing any video right now. It’s only been 2 weeks and getting all the facts requires time. Their rush to make statements to the public has already resulted in erroneous information being given out.

This strange idea that people are somehow entitled to know every little detail of something that has nothing to do with them doesn’t take precedence over the rights of those involved -- the person who is now dead and the person accused of killing them -- to a proper investigation and, if it comes to it, a fair trial. How investigators work with the families during that time is another story, but broadcasting “facts” while they're still gathering them isn't always the best plan.

That being said, I do expect this kind of evidence to be released eventually, when the time is more appropriate.

you mean, they need time to come up with a narrative that fits the video?

video doesn't lie. People covering their ass do.

what's wrong with letting people see what happened and let them make up their own mind?

'well, you see, what had happened wuz...'

Thomas Paine wrote:

Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next