Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 To all FNS owners, Service Bul.letin, Check if affected 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

See here for info and to check if you are affected:
https://fnamerica.com/customer-support/fns-service-bulletin/

There is a problem with the FNS line. Baltimore police have run into the issue with accidental discharges. Based on the support flag, them must be some not bery good firearm handling police officers but then again can't say I'm totally surprised.

Here's the link to the story from Baltimore: icon_eek https://fnforum.net/forums/fn-fns/213713-baltimore-county-spending-1-4m-replace-fns-40-pistols.html?utm_source=threadloom&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ed193&utm_content=iss37

Service gets you a factory mailing label and a fix. Looks like I'l be mailing mine back for service, rats...

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:19 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for posting. Looks like I have yet another recall to contend with...

Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:36 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kind of unrelated, but this part of the story caught my eye:

Quote:
At the time, the cost for the FNS-40 pistols, which are manufactured in Fredericksburg, Va., was about $1 million. That contract could have been as low as $300,000 if the county had agreed to trade in its old weapons. But the county declined in order to prevent the guns from eventually entering the open market.

Stupid assholes. :angryfire:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Meanwhile, the procuring agent for the Baltimore PD should be fired and sued for inept wasteful spending.

For their 2000 pistols they spent nearly $1.5 million. Works out to over $700 per gun (and presumably magazines) in a bulk purchase! icon_eek

Not a very good negotiator or price... Glocks and M&Ps are 2/3 to 1/2 that price for LEOs.

Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:

Quote:
At the time, the cost for the FNS-40 pistols, which are manufactured in Fredericksburg, Va., was about $1 million. That contract could have been as low as $300,000 if the county had agreed to trade in its old weapons. But the county declined in order to prevent the guns from eventually entering the open market.

Well, these are the same dummies that announced a "buyback" wherein they would pay $25 for high-cap mags, when cheap AR mags are about $8. :facepalm2:

I actually ordered 100 30-rd mags from Primary Arms and had them shipped 2-day to VA for my brother to pick up and cash in at the "buyback". The day they arrived in VA, Baltimore PD revised the terms and limited the mag turn-in to 2 per person. I just submitted an RA to Primary Arms, sent the mags back, and got a refund, but it would have been one hell of a return on investment. :bigsmile:

Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:

This sounds like the same thing you posted about previously. If so, maybe you're already in the clear?

Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mislabeled wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:

This sounds like the same thing you posted about previously. If so, maybe you're already in the clear?

I dunno, this seems to be a striker issue. My prior issue with the FNS was a trigger lockup, which FN promptly fixed for free.

Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:01 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

leadcounsel wrote:
Meanwhile, the procuring agent for the Baltimore PD should be fired and sued for inept wasteful spending.

For their 2000 pistols they spent nearly $1.5 million. Works out to over $700 per gun (and presumably magazines) in a bulk purchase! icon_eek

Not a very good negotiator or price... Glocks and M&Ps are 2/3 to 1/2 that price for LEOs.

Well . . . that's not the whole story.

Quote:
The total purchase will be $1,443,773.85, which includes 2,065 guns as well as holsters, magazines, magazine pouches, gun lights, “dummy” guns used for training and other accessories.

So, maybe $700 isn't bad. We don't know the value of the "extras."

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FN also has a great discount for militaary and law enforcement. So I would guess its the silly bueracrats.

BTW I have two firearms I'll have to ship back. Reading the conditions it takes to make the problem occur is pretty obtuse but it's better to have it fixed then run into it somewhere along the line.

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:09 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:

Quote:

:plusone:
That was my first impression as well! Maybe Glock will sell them to Buds or CDNN and the secondary market will get a crack at them eventually.

As to FNS and its variants. If you have larger hands they are some the most comfortable handguns to shoot. Of the several I have the FNS in 9 and 40 and 357 Sig are still the best.

Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:11 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kinda funny when I think about the flack I got for the guns that I have that got recalled. Time for you guys to get down off your high horse? :bigsmile:

Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

^^^

You could have shortened that to "neener neener." :ROFLMAO:

Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm on a real string of bad luck, and frankly done beta testing.

Recalled:

FNH FNS
Walther PPS m2
Taurus
CZ P07
MSAR

And I broke a trigger spring in an old Ruger...

Not on a good streak...

Thankfully, all the companies except Taurus handled it very well. All get A+ in handling. Taurus gets and F-

Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]