Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:58 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 RIP Bumpstocks - Thanks Trump! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
SCOTUS granted cert to a case right now that may gut the ATF of much of its rule making power.

All of the recent appointees are firm believers in Chevron Deference.

tl;dr: The SCOTUS will side with the ATF. I will put $10 on this right now. Or $100 to GOA. Takers choice.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's something to consider, with a minor albiet consistent change in the langauge:

"The recoil of the semi-automatic causes the weapon to cycle and stock to "bump" and the shooters trigger finger actuates the trigger for fast subsequent shooting."

TO

"The recoil of the semi-automatic cause the weapon to cycle allowing the shooters trigger finger to actuate the trigger for fast subsequent shooting."

What's the difference, really?

Really what is being outlawed is inertia. Taken one step further, what this WILL focus on later is outlawing the semi-auto feature. Take note. You heard it here....

Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Why did they grant it cert then? Did the lower court overturn the Chevron deference?

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The scary precedent, as seen in a few videos, is that the bump stock is just a part that allows harnessing the inertia of the semi-auto gun to create a high rate of fire.

I can promise you that this precedent threatens ALL semi auto guns. Handguns, rifles, and shotguns. If you *don't care* about bump stocks, you really are missing the issue. This has nothing to do with bump stocks. It's a direct assault on semi-auto guns.

Oh, and I bet very soon those pistol braces will be made illegal under the same precedent this has set.

It's all in the pipe ladies and gents. Bank on it.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The difference being that maybe 500k bump stocks sold across America in the last decade they've been produced.

Whereas there are hundreds of millions of semi autos across America owned by hundreds of millions of citizens. The "commonly owned" portion of Heller directly applies. Kavanaugh, Gorsuch, Alito and Thomas have basically argued as such. The only unknown is Roberts and he DID sign on to MacDonald.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I guess the state of WA is happy about the federal ban requiring destruction. They don't have to make good on their buy back program. If I had one I would beat it to pieces with a feather. icon_eek

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/bump-stocks

Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good breakdown.

Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLbFCFcYbxY

Those with patience enough to actually watch this, will be glad they did.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some germane editorial now that ALL semi-automatic guns are "assault" rifles in WA (1639)

"The new determination also opens up a new avenue of attack on all semi-automatic firearms, as they all now meet the definition of a weapon that “can be readily restored to shoot” more than one shot with a single function of the trigger. That is a very big problem."

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/12/trumps ... z5aLF2yzS4

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is no shame in being a criminal. It has its perks. Criminals exercise more freedoms than the law abiding, and if/when you end up in prison, you can make all kinds of connections for black market firearms once you're out. Prison cred goes a long way.

Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ya know, I hadn't considered something. It's a totally outside possibility but what if Trump did this whilst also expecting lawsuits and simultaneously telling his DOJ to sandbag the defense, thereby throwing the case and setting AWESOME precedent for gun owners...

It's wishful thinking, for sure...

Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
Ya know, I hadn't considered something. It's a totally outside possibility but what if Trump did this whilst also expecting lawsuits and simultaneously telling his DOJ to sandbag the defense, thereby throwing the case and setting AWESOME precedent for gun owners...

Except with Benedict Roberts on the ccourt that might backfires big-time...

Quote:

Quote:

Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:

16D Interstellar Chess. Only took 6 pages!

No, no it is not. He wanted quick points for his popularity at the time, took an authoritarian route and now we gotta deal with it.

Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The NRA wants to assure everyone that they were not complicit in urging the President to ban bumpstocks.

"...We also made this clear in our comments to ATF on the proposed rule earlier this year. In our comments, we further advised that ATF should at a minimum make an amnesty period available to deal with the fundamental inequity imposed on law-abiding gun owners who purchased their bump fire stocks in good faith reliance on prior ATF determinations. We continue to pursue the availability of a period of amnesty with the administration..."

They were banking on being able to avoid congressional action by getting congress to instead allow the BATFE to re-examine their prior stance on the items, and hoping the BATFE would not reverse their earlier determination.

Once the BATFE back-tracked (does that somehow open the BATFE up to lawsuit brought by the "victims" of this Fast 'n Furious-esque False Flag op?) the NRA pressed for a period amnesty.

Given the furor and anti-gun politicos' zeal and tendency to use any criminal/crime to push more legislation, it was a fair gamble to keep it off the Senate and House floors.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2018122 ... stock-rule

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
The NRA wants to assure everyone that they were not complicit in urging the President to ban bumpstocks.

"...We also made this clear in our comments to ATF on the proposed rule earlier this year. In our comments, we further advised that ATF should at a minimum make an amnesty period available to deal with the fundamental inequity imposed on law-abiding gun owners who purchased their bump fire stocks in good faith reliance on prior ATF determinations. We continue to pursue the availability of a period of amnesty with the administration..."

They were banking on being able to avoid congressional action by getting congress to instead allow the BATFE to re-examine their prior stance on the items, and hoping the BATFE would not reverse their earlier determination.

Once the BATFE back-tracked (does that somehow open the BATFE up to lawsuit brought by the "victims" of this Fast 'n Furious-esque False Flag op?) the NRA pressed for a period amnesty.

Given the furor and anti-gun politicos' zeal and tendency to use any criminal/crime to push more legislation, it was a fair gamble to keep it off the Senate and House floors.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2018122 ... stock-rule

HMMMMM.....

https://home.nra.org/joint-statement

Still there though... Great backtrackin!

Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next