Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:52 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Knipex pliers, Squirrel Daddy punches & PSA pistol AR Kit 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hot dog!! icon_eek icon_eek :thumbsup2: :bigsmile: Those are noice!!!!

Need to add griping about SD and other roll pin starter punches........you ain't deep enough!! :ROFLMAO:

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

velillen wrote:
NWGunner wrote:
I wish I had gotten in on the Kniplex sales that were posted on here awhile ago :frust:

Amazon has Knipex on sale pretty regularly. Though it will be random as to what is on sale. The cobras/water pump ones tend to not go on sale very often though. Best is to just wait for a holiday and when a lot of companies do sales around then.

Thanks for that....I'll try to remember to keep checking back for sales :thumbsup2:

Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've not shopped with Chad's before. I usually use https://www.kctoolco.com/ prices are good, daily deals are priced great!

Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:19 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Another day, another boring Knipex story. :bigsmile:

SAGELA and I hit the Montana prairies last week for some prairie dog shooting, and at one point the scope rail on my Ruger American started to come loose. In order to access the rail I had to remove the scope, so I reached for the Knipex pliers that I had thrown into my range bag for the trip:

Of course you could do that job with pretty much any pliers or Vise Grips, but as I used them it struck me once again how damned NICE these things are, and how that fit the nut just perfectly and don't ding it up. I decided that I needed a smaller pair that would have a permanent home in my range bag, so I could leave the big pair in the house.

So I went researching to see what was out there, and I learned that Knipex doesn't just call these "pliers"; they are "pliers wrenches," because they work so damned well as wrenches. (I'm not sure why they don't call them "pliers AR pin installers," haha.) Here's the family:
http://knipex-tools.com/index.php?id=10 ... oupID=1500

Down at the bottom of that page you'll see this picture, showing why they bill them as wrenches:

So yup, I'm now the owner of the 5" and 7" models, as well as the 10" that I already have:

Yeah, they're not cheap . . . but they're worth every penny.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They are seriously my favorite tools in the tool box. I use them for all kinds of things. As you said, they are great wrenches in addition to being great pliers. The smooth jaws are gentle on the finish of whatever you're gripping, no matter how hard you're twisting or turning. Worth. Every. Penny.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Another day, another boring Knipex story. :bigsmile:

So yup, I'm now the owner of the 5" and 7" models, as well as the 10" that I already have:

Yeah, they're not cheap . . . but they're worth every penny.

Is that 2 pack from Amazon? I can't seem to find any others like that. Fleabay is the same price as Amazon.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:10 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Yeah, where is the best place to get those?

Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:51 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

I bought that 2-pack from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AY0JXPS/

I searched around but didn't find any killer prices anywhere. I looked for similar, cheaper products but didn't find any that fit the bill.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Serious question - why are you guys using pliers for installing any of the pins in an AR? I've assembled AR lowers and uppers more times than I can remember, and can't think of a reason to use pliers for any of the pins on them. What specifically are you doing with them?

Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yondering wrote:
Serious question - why are you guys using pliers for installing any of the pins in an AR? I've assembled AR lowers and uppers more times than I can remember, and can't think of a reason to use pliers for any of the pins on them. What specifically are you doing with them?

Bolt catch/release pin mainly. It's stupid easy with Knipex. And frankly dumb with a hammer and punch. Yes I know, it works. No offense - But it is better to use the correct tool for the job, very frankly. That's how good the Knipex are.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yondering wrote:

Because once you do it by pressing the pins in with a Knipex pliers wrench, you'll never want to do it any other way ever again.

Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
Yondering wrote:

Because once you do it by pressing the pins in with a Knipex pliers wrench, you'll never want to do it any other way ever again.

Amen. Go read my original post on this thread. I'm hardly an expert assembler, but I can get near expert results with my Knipex.

Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:50 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

delliottg wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:
Yondering wrote:

Amen. Go read my original post on this thread. I'm hardly an expert assembler, but I can get near expert results with my Knipex.

When I saw you replied to this post, I was afraid you were gonna say you just picked up 5 pairs of Knipex for $2 each at the thrift store! :bigsmile:

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Traut wrote:
delliottg wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:
Yondering wrote:

When I saw you replied to this post, I was afraid you were gonna say you just picked up 5 pairs of Knipex for $2 each at the thrift store! :bigsmile:

Oh, trust me, when I find a single pair of them in a thrift store I'll be singing it to high heaven.

Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:44 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next