Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:34 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 2018-2019 NFL Trash Talk Thread 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I love my chargers but I can’t bear to have my heart broken by the patriots yet another year. 2007 and 2008 are still really fresh in my memory. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
Wetpaperbag wrote:
Just goes to show how important the kicking game is. So many wins and losses decided by missed kicks or extra points.

Free throws and kicking make or break games.

I remember our coach emphasized this.

Shaq did pretty well for himself by not making any free throws.

Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mr. Q wrote:
I love my chargers but I can’t bear to have my heart broken by the patriots yet another year. 2007 and 2008 are still really fresh in my memory. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something seems different this year, so hang in there :thumbsup2:

Mike Williams is a beast, and he seems to bring the same energy Rivers has, to the receivers...

And that defense is legit.

Kind of sucks, though, that they have to travel east this past weekend for a 1:00 game, and again next weekend...

Could have at least given them a 4:00 game.

The Pats are vulnerable this year, but the Chargers need to play mistake-free & not turn the ball over.

The Pats have won a number of games this year by not playing great, but getting one or two breaks when other teams made mistakes. They've always played that way, but they don't have the offensive weapons they've had before, and Gronk & others are hurtin' puppies these days.

Should be a good game.

Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:
Wetpaperbag wrote:
Just goes to show how important the kicking game is. So many wins and losses decided by missed kicks or extra points.

Joe Montana also did pretty well for himself and I don't think he kicked a single field goal... what's your point? :wink05:

Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:
Wetpaperbag wrote:

Joe Montana also did pretty well for himself and I don't think he kicked a single field goal... what's your point? :wink05:

Oh I have many points, one being if you hate the NFL so much then why follow? :bigsmile:

Free throws and kicking make or break games? Not really. They play a small piece of them absolutely especially like yesterday, but there is a reason why kickers often switch so many teams throughout a career. They are interchangeable pieces.

Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:
Wetpaperbag wrote:

Oh I have many points, one being if you hate the NFL so much then why follow? :bigsmile:

Free throws and kicking make or break games? Not really. They play a small piece of them absolutely especially like yesterday, but there is a reason why kickers often switch so many teams throughout a career. They are interchangeable pieces.

You're joking?!?! :bonghit:

Can't follow your logic... how does being interchangeable (which describes nearly every player/position in every pro-sport) counter my point (which is widely accepted as true). If you have a bad kicker you cannot win games. Kickers score far more points than QBs or Running Backs or Receivers. And in any given game, the kicker puts up somewhere from 1/4 to 1/2 or more of the points. Sometimes almost all the points.

Highest scoring position in the game is the kicker. As I understand it, QBs throw TDs but don't get points which go to the receiver (in fairness, those points should be split or given to both, dunno). [If you split the TD points 50/50 with receivers, QBs would be competitive with the low-end kickers pts, i.e. Payton Mannings 539 record passing TDs at 3pts each would give him 1617 pts.] Receivers and RBs are nowhere close to scoring totals as kickers.

Highest kicker point totals are 1600- 2400 in a career. There's 25 kickers with point totals over 1300. Absent a shutout, a kicker WILL score in every game.

Contrast with the top Receiver and Running back in history, Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith (Note, both Smith and Rice played for more than 1 team as well.)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/history/leaders/_/stat/points
Jerry Rice scored about 210 TDs which is far less than the top kickers. 1256pts.
Emmitt Smith wasn't even close to putting up the points of kickers. Scored 175 touchdowns. About 1052pts.

Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm not saying a kickers role is not important, but their role is small in the overall scheme of each game. They are the lowest paid position on almost every damn roster.

Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
I'm not saying a kickers role is not important, but their role is small in the overall scheme of each game. They are the lowest paid position on almost every damn roster.

A reflection of many things, one of which isn't value. It is odd they are so "lowly" paid for an individual who puts up more points by far over any other individual on the team. And as we have seen this season (I barely watch, but am generally aware) the kickers have seemingly been very poor across the league.

And it's often a clutch position unlike any other except QB.

Interesting to consider.

Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kickers are generally mental midgets.... "Laces Out"!

It's rare to find kickers over the years that truly are good at their craft. Janikowski was great in his 20' and early 30's, Matt Bryant in Atlanta, Crosby in GB, Vinateri Pats/Colts, to name a few...

If you have a good one you keep him, but most teams have the same cycle of shit. If anyone has a son that like to play soccer and has a big leg, get him kicking a damn football.

Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:32 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next year let's call it the "2019-2020 L_O_G - leadcounsel Bickering Thread." :ROFLMAO:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Next year let's call it the "2019-2020 L_O_G - leadcounsel Bickering Thread." :ROFLMAO:

He sure likes this thread for someone who dispises the NFL.
Like a moth to the flame.

Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
MadPick wrote:

He sure likes this thread for someone who dispises the NFL.
Like a moth to the flame.

LC completely misses the nuances of the game...

For example, on one of the touchdowns by Philly, they only had 10 men on the field (so you don't have to Google, LC, there should be 11)...

So there's a good chance the guy that was open, might have been covered, if they had someone covering him, and the touchdown may not have been scored.

In that case, the bears wouldn't have needed the field goal.

So you can fault the kicker, but at least he was on the field trying to do his job. What responsibility is the loss to the guy who wasn't even on the field when he should have been?

There are 3 or 4 other similar scenarios...

And as far as kickers, they're nothing unless put in a position to kick.

And their point totals will be going down...PAT's have been moved back and their percentages are down.

Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No surprise on the Chefs vs Colts.
I want the Cowgirls to lose so badly, but the Rams missing link is a good QB. Just sitting here waiting for Goff to goof. He reminds me of Seahawks McQuire pick in the draft back in the 90s.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
No surprise on the Chefs vs Colts.
I want the Cowgirls to lose so badly, but the Rams missing link is a good QB. Just sitting here waiting for Goff to goof. He reminds me of Seahawks McQuire pick in the draft back in the 90s.

Wait, they have Chefs playing football?

What's next, football players on Foodnetwork?

Stop the insanity!

Just playing :wink05:

Yeah, Chiefs Colts turned out the way everybody thought...the surprise to me was how poorly Luck played. Everyone can see he doesn't have the weapons, but he missed open throws multiple times, spiked in the dirt a few, and had no pocket awareness when the pocket was collapsing.

They'll have over $100 million in cap space next year, and some draft pics....hope he still has the feel for the game by then. He's always had the talent, but the injuries have messed him up. Awareness can go away after awhile of not playing, hope he hasn't lost it....

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

good analysis on the Colts.
When Hilton is the only guy you really need to double team....you're gonna get beat.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:01 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next