Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Zanotti Safes 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Any one have any experience with them? I've been researching them for a while. Doesn't seem to be any complaints, the website seems rather sparse for details.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here? Zanottiearmor.co.
I found quite a bit of information. Modular? Interesting.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Could have sworn I put a link in?

http://zanottiarmor.com/safes/

Yeah, I've got weird spacing. I like the modular concept because I can have it delivered then install it myself with maybe the help of friend. Plus, I don't have to worry as much about moving it.

I looked at Dakota (only one smaller option) and Snapsafe (lots of negative stuff on them) and just want a little more info before pulling the trigger on it.

Little concerned about their shipping. If you click the link to the shipping company, the cheapest option is $790, which seems a little much. I sent them a request for a shipping quote.

Just got that back - they're saying $300. Kind of ties in the with the lack of information on their website.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looked into them a few times. Modularity is good for weird spaces.

Seems like a buddy of mine put one in his basement when there were not other options and I think he was quite pleased.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

new daddy wrote:
Any one have any experience with them? I've been researching them for a while. Doesn't seem to be any complaints, the website seems rather sparse for details.

Here are two reviews, and a third general review of many safes, with Zanotti being a good ways down the page:

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271518

https://www.northeastshooters.com/xen/t ... ew.258189/

https://gunsafereviewsguy.com/buyers-gu ... -gun-safe/

Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

new daddy wrote:

Yeah, I've got weird spacing. I like the modular concept because I can have it delivered then install it myself with maybe the help of friend. Plus, I don't have to worry as much about moving it.

I looked at Dakota (only one smaller option) and Snapsafe (lots of negative stuff on them) and just want a little more info before pulling the trigger on it.

Little concerned about their shipping. If you click the link to the shipping company, the cheapest option is $790, which seems a little much. I sent them a request for a shipping quote.

Just got that back - they're saying $300. Kind of ties in the with the lack of information on their website.

Since you mentioned Dakota, I’ll chime in on that brand...

I believe that NW Safe uses Dakota for their house brand. I have their Armor model and there’s a Dakota sticker inside the door jamb. I am very impressed with the price to quality ratio with the NW Safe house brand.

They are a made in China safe but they are high quality. They are not cheapo safes like the Winchester’s and Cannons that you find at Costco. Mine weighs something like 1200 lbs and if memory serves, it’s about a 10 gauge steel (Liberty Lincoln is 11 ga and weighs 1000 lbs for comparison).

The Armor cost about $2500 installed into my garage and included a dry rod, interior lights, and S&G electronic lock that’s DOD compliant.

I’m quite happy with the purchase. Given that, I’d say Dakota safes are good contenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

edogg wrote:
new daddy wrote:

Since you mentioned Dakota, I’ll chime in on that brand...

I believe that NW Safe uses Dakota for their house brand. I have their Armor model and there’s a Dakota sticker inside the door jamb. I am very impressed with the price to quality ratio with the NW Safe house brand.

They are a made in China safe but they are high quality. They are not cheapo safes like the Winchester’s and Cannons that you find at Costco. Mine weighs something like 1200 lbs and if memory serves, it’s about a 10 gauge steel (Liberty Lincoln is 11 ga and weighs 1000 lbs for comparison).

The Armor cost about $2500 installed into my garage and included a dry rod, interior lights, and S&G electronic lock that’s DOD compliant.

I’m quite happy with the purchase. Given that, I’d say Dakota safes are good contenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only issue I have with Dakota is that its modular safe is smaller. I'm looking for something larger and if they offered one, I'd take a look at it.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NW safe for the win.

Divided we fall.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:
NW safe for the win.

I've been personal friends with the owner and his family since I was a very small child. Great family and of the highest ethics and character.

I don't even consider sending potential buyers anywhere else.

-- Travis A Kisner

Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My Zanotti arrived today. Got it unpacked and will start building it Saturday. Got everything staged except the door, which is heaviest part. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

new daddy wrote:
My Zanotti arrived today. Got it unpacked and will start building it Saturday. Got everything staged except the door, which is heaviest part. I’ll let you know how it goes.

That's awesome!

How was it delivered, all one huge pallet, or smaller, manageable boxes?

Any chance of pics? Can PM number if easier.

Either way, good luck on your assembly :thumbsup2:

Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’ll post pics as I put it together. It came on a pallet in three boxes. Carrier used a pallet jack to put it in the garage. I’ll post pics as I put it together. It came on a pallet in three boxes. Carrier used a pallet jack to put it in the garage.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

new daddy wrote:
I’ll post pics as I put it together. It came on a pallet in three boxes. Carrier used a pallet jack to put it in the garage. I’ll post pics as I put it together. It came on a pallet in three boxes. Carrier used a pallet jack to put it in the garage.

Thanks, ND, that's perfect!

Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That Pallet took a beating. icon_eek Granted, it is a cheap ass looking Pallet, but typical Freight Company handling.

I am anxious to see that thing come together if you are willing to show pics. :bigsmile:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Needing help. Micrometer says it’s tight. Real tight, like my hand on my wallet, but should go.

Floor piece is level, side to side, front to back and crossways. This is the hinge side, so right part, right place

Any suggestions? Can’t ask Zanotti until tomorrow, but they advertise that every safe is assembled in the factory before shipping. Other side fits fine.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next