Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:41 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 804 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 54  Next
 RBG down - SCOTUS 

She’ll bounce back, women like that thrive on pissing their enemies off by outliving them. It’s like she feeds off our vitriol. But don’t expect to get a hard right judge if she does pass on, the house will stall that nom until the next election.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ace wrote:
She’ll bounce back, women like that thrive on pissing their enemies off by outliving them. It’s like she feeds off our vitriol. But don’t expect to get a hard right judge if she does pass on, the house will stall that nom until the next election.

Um how does the house stall the supreme Court nomination?

Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

maybe Ace was thinking that they could do a quote-unquote investigation like they threatened to retroactively do for cavanaugh. then they would use the results that investigation to attempt to public smear campaign. The problem is they already tried that and failed with cavanaugh so now if they do it again it will just look like they're crying wolf no matter what they find even if it's real. It was a One-Shot strategy and because it was overcoming it failed they lost it for good.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:08 pm

Alpine wrote:
maybe Ace was thinking that they could do a quote-unquote investigation like they threatened to retroactively do for cavanaugh. then they would use the results that investigation to attempt to public smear campaign. The problem is they already tried that and failed with cavanaugh so now if they do it again it will just look like they're crying wolf no matter what they find even if it's real. It was a One-Shot strategy and because it was overcoming it failed they lost it for good.

Schumer could rally the flock and a couple of Rhino senators could follow suit, all pellosi has to do is send her flying monkeys out to spread the word, then the vote is stalled. I wouldn’t put anything past that crafty old hag.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Senate Majority increased. We can lose Murkowski and Collins without blinking an eye and still get a judge through. Although after the hell her constituents gave her last time I doubt Murkowski will do that again if she wants to win in Alaska.

The primary motivation for GOP voters has been the Supreme Court. Nothing else comes close. That's how they overcame the Kavanaugh debacle. The libs were sure in the "MeToo" era that they had stopped him cold. They underestimated their opponent's resolve.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ace wrote:
Alpine wrote:

Schumer could rally the flock and a couple of Rhino senators could follow suit, all pellosi has to do is send her flying monkeys out to spread the word, then the vote is stalled. I wouldn’t put anything past that crafty old hag.

I'm still confused how Pelosi or the house can stall a supreme Court nomination.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

spaghetti monster wrote:
Ace wrote:
Alpine wrote:

I'm still confused how Pelosi or the house can stall a supreme Court nomination.

I assume that she could curry favor with SENATE dems merely by party association, but also with promises to bankroll pet SENATE bills (the House controls the Mon-neh). This could work on pork seeking Rhinos.

But your point is taken: The SENATE conducts the confirmation of SCOTUS justices.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:35 am

I think RBG died weeks ago and is on ice. I want proof of life right this second.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Motivated wrote:
I think RBG died weeks ago and is on ice. I want proof of life right this second.

The Republicans have to be watching her like a hawk. I agree with Ace she'll live and beat cancer 3 more times just to give the finger to Trump. She believes the future of world relies on her being on the bench.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:31 pm

spaghetti monster wrote:
Ace wrote:
Alpine wrote:

On paper, they can’t, but they can have meetings and until someone dethrones her, Pelosi is the Democratic Party and if any of the democrats in the senate want to see a dime of DNC money for re-election, they will bend to her will, they will stir up shit at the snap of her wrinkled old fingers.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe when we needed Manchin that mattered. The GOP now have a 53 seat majority. We can lose Collins, Murkowski and another one and still win (with Pence.)

The 2020 Senate map is also brutal for the democrats. Majority may expand further that year.

Quote:

Quote:

Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Motivated wrote:

They are currently fitting her carcass with animatronics. They'll roll out RBGII once the polyurethane has cured.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Last edited by jukk0u on Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

spaghetti monster wrote:
Motivated wrote:

The Republicans have to be watching her like a hawk. I agree with Ace she'll live and beat cancer 3 more times just to give the finger to Trump. She believes the future of world relies on her being on the bench.

that's funny shit. this world would be much better with a nut job like her off the court.

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:51 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

You fuckers... I was banished from the computer for about 2 days, and one of the first threads that showed up on my "To Read" list was this one...
My heart leaped to my throat in hopeful anticipation... "Did it happen? Is it time?"

:facepalm2:

Imagine my genuine disappointment.
All of you who don't wish for her demise or departure - I wish that I could feel that way, but I truly don't. She has actively and publicly called for the tyranny to increase in this great nation.
I will be overjoyed when she "calls it quits." Overjoyed.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 804 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 54  Next