Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:13 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Start 2019 off with a 2nd Sat/Sun Breakfast? 

Saturday or Sunday?
Saturday 80%  80%  [ 8 ]
Sunday 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 10

Start 2019 off with a 2nd Sat/Sun Breakfast? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:03 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

dan360 wrote:
scorpion rider wrote:
The thing that scares me about saying this is there is always one person that is a problem and since I haven’t found them yet I’m thinking it might be me. :)

Nah, I had to fix a Cat today otherwise you would've known.

There's no rule saying that more than one of us can't be the problem child in a group. :cussing:
Missed seeing you there Dan. Next time, we hope.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:07 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Back to the CGS and catching up with a bunch of folks.
I got to visit quite a while with a great gent named Hank who I had missed for the last three trips up there.. I was getting kind of worried about him as he is in his late 80s or early 90s. His sister is 96. Long lived family there. Hank is a hoot. Talked about Mac 10's and almost picked up some mags for mine... I honestly got so into the chatting with him that I forgot about the magazines, but did walk away with a wooden SKS stock.
We both commiserated how our wives whooped our sorry asses at shooting occasionally, and what a crying shame it is that they didn't have enough grace and elegance to avoid rubbing our noses in it. Wimmin.

Free Boer was moved to a new spot, so it kind of took me by surprise to hear him greet me way away from his normal spot... I was walking slowly looking at the contents of the table and he greeted me by name... It was unexpected in that location so I probably looked up with a "WTH is going on?" kind of facial expression. :bigsmile: He had a bunch of stuff on his table that I wanted to cart home, but I waited too long on the 7.65 Arg ammo and a couple of other things. I'll have the purse strings a little looser next trip.

rdb241 had a nice table set up and we chatted for some time about the NYD shoot. First time that we'd met, somehow didn't get to greet at the NYD shoot.
Urbanminer ALWAYS has many items on his table that tempt me greatly... and I think it's been several years since I have bought from him. There were a few SKSs on his rack that grabbed my attention... One of them was a Norinco with a blade bayonet. First time that I'd seen that combination. Have Russian versions, but not a Norinco with a blade. Seriously though, most of his 2A items are standout cool and interesting.

Urbanminer, Rencorp and MarcusP hold sway over the middle section of the show with (I think) the finest overall tables there. Rencorp and Mark have not yet failed to rip money from my tightly gripped fingers at every CGS. The only improvement that I can think of for their big table is a couple of stand up rifle racks so they can fit even more on display. I don't know though... That might change the feel too much.
There is one other negative about Rene and Mark's set of tables... There are so many buyers snatching up the good stuff that you pretty much have to wait in line to buy or visit. They keep it hopping for sure.
Rene still has not yet succumbed to my constant (for years) urging to make a Gun Pics thread about the firearm on his table that is marked "Priceless to me" ... It's super cool.
The Dread Princess bought our goods from Mark, and I fear that there was a mistake made and that we owe him $3. There were two stacks of books next to that lead pot that we also bought, and someone may have shuffled one from the $5 stack into the $2 stack... Got home and found a $5 sticker on a book that we paid $2 for. Much weeping and gnashing of teeth around here last night as we weighed another trip up there to make it right... hah, thank goodness Mark is one of the most patient men when it comes to buying and selling. We've concluded deals that were several months in the making before, and his tone is always, invariably, "No worries, we'll get together one of these months."

Now it was because of such a good section of the show that we suffered our first, second, and third disappointments with our fellow 2A citizens yesterday.. :wink05: The funniest thing about people is how weirdly thoughtless some of them seem to be capable of being, hopefully for short periods of time. The first fellow was carrying a rifle horizontally in a crowded aisle. I didn't even see him coming, as I was up close to Rene's rifle table trying to avoid drooling on a Tool of Freedom that I wanted to take home with me... I heard someone near me give an unhappy sound, turned and looked that direction and saw a rifle being kind of shoved past the complaining noise. And Mr Horizontal Rifle must have really been in a deep mental groove, because he didn't even look at or acknowledge the man who he had whacked with the rifle. That shit irritates me for a couple of reasons, not least because of the very poor training that he must have had regarding muzzle control.
The second one was almost as bad, as I watched a very well fed gentleman bounce against my Dread Princess and not even look at her. I just don't get that. WTF, humans? When your motion causes a collision, at least acknowledge that it happened. Thank goodness that the Balrog was already paying attention to a nice BL22 on the table that she wanted me to buy for her, or she might have caused a ruckus by whooping a thoughtless 6'4", 300 pound behemoth to the ground in defense of her mother.
Similar thing for the 3rd... I comment only because they all happened in close proximity to each other and not a one of them acknowledged their messed up upbringing.
One of the vendors and I had a quick chuckle about it as she had seen one of the more egregious bumps. We both surmised that perhaps they didn't even have an upbringing... We may have been witnessing the socialization of wild humans, their first time being let out of their cages after being captured from the wilderness being raised by wolves. Hey, maybe!

There was another elderly gentleman who I just met yesterday who caught my eye by displaying a Starrett machinist's square, so we got to chatting about machining and shop work in general, and then I was entertained by his abbreviated life story. Man, some people have really seen the world and you'd never know it unless they share. I kind of thought that I have had an interesting life, but that fellow seems to have seen a lot more than I have while stationed around the globe in the USAF. As we were talking, another fellow in a USN hat overheard our chat and said "You were a bubblehead?" I grinned and said yes, and he shook my hand and told me he knew that we bubbleheads referred to his type as "targets." haha True.
I never understood why submariners earned the nickname "bubbleheads."

Man, if I only had the house completed, my trips to the CGS would end up with sagging springs on the ride home.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:59 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Great story, Mike!

Marcusp323, I’d suggest leaving negative feedback for PMB. Since he confessed on WaGuns, it would be appropriate.

Your stories about the Mr. Horizontal Rifle and the well-fed gentlemen ... that shit is seriously aggravating, and pissed me off just reading about it!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:07 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

MadPick wrote:
Marcusp323, I’d suggest leaving negative feedback for PMB. Since he confessed on WaGuns, it would be appropriate.

The Dread Princess conducted the entire transaction. :cussing:
Should I issue another Board Warning to her?

Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dan360 wrote:
I think since society is letting common courtesy die off, we should try to revive knocking out idiots in public.

Knuckle sammiches are gluten free. joking. Sort of.

just need some lead now. yep what ever happen to courtesy and common sense

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4