Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:00 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Creek fishing? 

My son watched a YouTube video about creek fishing and has decided he wasnt to go "because it looks nice there". I've never fished a creek, but if the boy wants to get out nature I will figure it out. Which creeks are going to have fish in them? Im not really looking for steelhead since he doesnt have a salmon pole. It would be nice to find a spot pierce countyish in the middle of nowhere to enjoy the quiet and having no body around.

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:37 pm

You can do search to confirm. Lewis River The upper Lewis River has some good stream fishing. Up above the falls. You may be able to find other places if you can find and old fashioned fly shop.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Puyallup River is a stream.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:33 am

I seem to remember some places on the way to Enumclaw where you could get off and down to the river. It has been more then 30 years since I fished those spots.l I have not found good stream fishing and the two fish limit rally discourages stream fishing. Over here if you know how and the Tieton River is not running brown there are some decent fist to be had. I know of a few mountain streams where there are fish and halfway easy to catch but not of any size. Over where you are there are so many salmonoid streams. Does he want to spin fish or use a flyrod. You might check in with the local colleges to see if one offers a fishing course.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hit up the Tilton in Morton. Its not crazy packed with townies and its usually LOADED like a kids fish pond with planters. Go into Morton and turn right into downtown and just on the outside edge is Gus Backstrom Park. There is a couple steam donkeys there you cant miss. Tons of trout.

Play by the rules tho, as the gamey likes to watch from upstream.

Also hit up the Cowlitz above Riffe anywhere from the fishing bridge to the falls dam. Silvers and squaw fish.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]