Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:54 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Firearm on private property? 

I was trying to find some info about this, but have not been able to.
In Utah, if an owner of a property, has a sign clearly posted that firearms are not permitted, then they are not permitted. Even if the firearms owner has a a permit. HOWEVER, the firearm owner my have his firearm in their vehicle, while on the private property, even if the property owner says no firearms. The firearm owners vehicle is considered private property, belonging only to the vehicles owner, and there fore is exempt from the no firearm policy, while on property that does not allow firearms. The firearm in question of course has to stay in the vehicle. This is all legal.
Is there any kind of a rule like that in Washington? I have tried to find something about it, but can not.
My work does not allow firearms on the property, and there fore I can not have my weapon in my car.
When I leave work property, I want to have my weapon, but I can't because of work.
Anybody know anything about this?

Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:00 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's not illegal to have it on somebody else's property (exemptions in RCW for bars, court, jails, etc), but the property owner has full right to set the conditions of your entry onto their property. In this case, it's not ILLEGAL to have your gun in your private vehicle on their property, but by parking on their property you are agreeing to their terms. Violation of those terms can be your dismissal from the company. WA is an AT WILL State.

This is a big deal with Boeing employees.

Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:58 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
It's not illegal to have it on somebody else's property (exemptions in RCW for bars, court, jails, etc), but the property owner has full right to set the conditions of your entry onto their property. In this case, it's not ILLEGAL to have your gun in your private vehicle on their property, but by parking on their property you are agreeing to their terms. Violation of those terms can be your dismissal from the company. WA is an AT WILL State.

This is a big deal with Boeing employees.

So, what yer saying is, one might make a bit of change by opening a "locker room" right next to a boeing facility? (Loosely based on a public post office box service. But with small safes, where only the renter of the box has a key to it.)

If anyone does this, I get 1% of the profits for ten years, for the idea!!! LOL :bigsmile:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

IF your firearm is in your car and concealed.....IS it REALLY there? LOL

Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just choose to get a job somewhere that fits with your beliefs.

Or sell your freedom one paycheck at at time.

Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:08 pm

RCW 9.41.050:

"(2)(a) A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and: (i) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle."

Posted for your information.

Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]