Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:21 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28555 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1232, 1233, 1234, 1235, 1236, 1237, 1238 ... 1904  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Pablo wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:
Was it the Turbotax or IRS site that was giving you sign-in issues? I have tried like hell to access the IRS account I created, but for the life of me I cannot get into it. They have the shittiest system I have ever seen. Not shocked, but still annoying as hell.

Turdbo tax

Agreed. The sign in process is aggravating, but my real problem was expense tracking.

I used Turdbo Tax and had a HELL of a time sorting my expenses. My patient and enduring wife tells me it is my creative accounting methods that cause the pain...hmmm.

The problem with TT is that they are vague in defining some of the most important terms. Expenses and how to categorize them are a real PITA. I am tempted to try QuickBooks, but it is another Intuit product, just as TT.

Anyone with real world experience with QuickBooks, please chime in.

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:06 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm hosting a meeting of probably close to 100 people.... I gotta poo... and it just won't come out.... and I'm live in 10 mins

I know if I get up there, 5 mins after I start, my body will want it out RIGHT THEN.

mother of God.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
I'm hosting a meeting of probably close to 100 people.... I gotta poo... and it just won't come out.... and I'm live in 10 mins

I know if I get up there, 5 mins after I start, my body will want it out RIGHT THEN.

mother of God.

Well, Shit. Hope it came out ok. ( The meeting )

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
OMG can he be more of an embarrassment?

Quote:
"When asked how he would solve immigration issues, Inslee said, “Number one, I would attack climate change because a lot of these people are climate refugees. Not all, but a lot of them. The fact that Donald Trump has waved the white surrender to climate change is wrong.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019/04 ... omw-KDHkOw

What the F is a "climate refugee"?

Step away from the Testers Glue there Jay.

Are you shitting me??!! I thought this was a joke. Well, I guess not any more of a joke than his presidential campaign. I think that raising taxes is causing climate change and global warming. There has been a dramatic increase in taxes and climate change since he got elected. Coincedence or science? We need to chip in and buy this guy a helmet to wear so that people realize how "special" he is when they listen to him.

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Traut wrote:
We need to chip in and buy this guy a helmet to wear so that people realize how "special" he is when they listen to him.

No thanks, we already "chip in" enough as is.

Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Did my Taxes today...I had to "chip in" 5500 dollars.
:cussing:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:06 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

usrifle wrote:

Yup,

I stood in line at the PO today as well...

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:

not far behind WTF happened to offset this shit??? id be lucky to get $200 back

Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:36 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

cmica wrote:
usrifle wrote:

not far behind WTF happened to offset this shit??? id be lucky to get $200 back

Best part is, first half of property taxes are due in 16 days....

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Regarding taxes, I saved nearly $2300 due to the tax cuts. Not pissed. Pretty happy!

Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:

I know you won't be happy about having to pay so much. But I wanted to say thanks for my monthly pay.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Eagle Chaplain wrote:
usrifle wrote:

I know you won't be happy about having to pay so much. But I wanted to say thanks for my monthly pay.

You guys still don't get paid enough for what you have to go through. :bow:
I was there...

Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:18 am

You fellas DO know that receiving a large tax refund is the poorest of poor savings plans, if you are saving the refund. Most of us spend it and depend on it.

It's not a wise financial choice as you are letting the gubmint use your "refund" interest free for an entire year when you could be putting that cash into your monthly budget.

Of course, you have to watch your W-2 withholding and ensure you are having enough income withheld. Not always easy, especially this year with the new tax adjustments. Still, we are responsible for making those adjustments.

From what I have read, the Trump tax plan was a shifting of tax burdens from one area to another. From what I understand, the politicians moved the Lego blocks from one part of the model onto another section. Whether that benefited you or not depends on lots of factors.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:42 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When my kids were younger I would get a refund about 2-3 times what I paid during the year which was a lot better than any investment. My kids are grown and paying their own taxes, so this year I got hit with a $1200 fee. (+$400 for H&R)

Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Came home and the cats had knocked some stuff over to include breaking a (cheap) lamp.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28555 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1232, 1233, 1234, 1235, 1236, 1237, 1238 ... 1904  Next