Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:10 pm

Vote NO 1639
NO on 1639 Fundraiser - $16,631

$0 YOU RAISED $16,631!!!
Vote NO 1639
Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms I5 Guns & Ammo Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 D. Morgan - Governor of Washington 2020 & Beyond 

Do you want me to run for Governor?
Poll ended at Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:03 pm
Yes 95%  95%  [ 58 ]
No 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 61

D. Morgan - Governor of Washington 2020 & Beyond 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not trying to impose, but some things for thought: go to a local political group office. A friend of mine ran for local office, and he learned a ton about how elections are ran and how to run his own campaign. They have voter stats that are crazy specific. Such as gender, age group, areas of cities and counties to target for a specific voter group during different election cycles with different political climates controlling specific positions, etc. They can even get you going in ways to present yourself through media outlets, such as websites that outline your stances on major voting topics.

Think of why people vote, what they vote for, and start creating a narrative you want to use for those talking points.

Don't scoff at social media. Just because some gun folks, and old white guys, like to live off the grid in the analog age doesn't mean the average voter does. Social media is a great way to reach many voters, and allows you to be available for questions, feedback, and to post about events you will be at to reach like minded folks. Even small event get togethers can get people out there.

Check your own net/social media history, old posts, comments, and the like can come back to haunt you.

It wouldn't hurt to look at the local colleges and universities and their political groups, there are always people looking to cut their teeth on a campaign.

I also hate to say this, but you might need to get a haircut. I think the dreads are kinda cool, but my hair is starting to disappear faster than an intern's dignity at a cigar club meeting. It might get you votes, but could also cost you votes too due to visual perception, and Americans are judgy people who criticize others based on appearance. So if you fun for office, especially with a go big or go home approach, you might have to pander to society. Could you donate them to locks of love? I think for a more local office you could maybe keep them, perhaps a shorter version, but that could build up and be a trademark way people recognize you.

Best of luck in your decision, you have my vote.

Tue May 15, 2018 8:54 pm

What is your position on Communists and helicopter rides?

Asking for a friend......

Wed May 16, 2018 4:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think another member brought up a good issue: that of finances. And that usually one works their way up through lower levels of government creating a network of political hack... er, hmmm... peers and gathering funding supporters over time.

BUT, If your message is strong - and it already comes with your appearance as a great "branding" image, and you get some air time and attention, even if you make some kind of showing in polls, it could launch you into some of those lower level positions.

Patty Murray was the tennis shoe wearing mom and seemingly appeared from no-where. She went from Dime-store manager to a position on a school district Board of Directors and in 4 years was State senate In only another four years she made it to D.C.

Hell, there's a guy (in OR?) who's running for state senate on the campaign of "drop acid and smoke weed".

"I love Girl Scout Crack!" ~ usrifle

Wed May 16, 2018 4:33 am

dreadi wrote:
What started off as a joke about 3-4 years ago has turned into daily contemplation. Our state does not have the executive leadership that it needs and I'd like to change that. Until we have someone to vote for who actively supports our rights and takes part in our activities, I do not believe that we will see the real changes that we want. Seriously, do you think I'd have a chance? Can we all get the job done?

D. Morgan

Mr. Morgan -

Start with something smaller like city council, county council, or state representative and grow from there.

Everybody wants to run for a statewide office or congress, but that's an extremely difficult lift, even if you can self-fund. Like it or not, the system is mostly controlled by the two major political parties and monied interests. Unless you have a few million bucks you can throw in your campaign it's not a good idea yet.

PM me and we can go over how to make you a legitimate campaign plan and build your way up from the local level.

- Phil

Thu May 17, 2018 10:53 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What is your position on hot button issues?

What's your plan to fix homelessness, the opioid crisis, meth, schools, budget, etc?

Fri May 18, 2018 1:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Easier said than done but please consider going for it! You’ve got my vote.

US Navy - 1976-1982

Fri May 18, 2018 1:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'd love to have you make it to the top but my realist side says, save your money and energy for something else.
Dino Rossi had all my votes and many others. He spent lots of $$$. He had support of every county in the state except for the nasty three.
He lost only after the cunt demanded how many recounts and then "found" undelivered ballot boxes?

Just my opinion.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
Samuel Adams

Fri May 18, 2018 1:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

solipsist wrote:
dreadi wrote:
What started off as a joke about 3-4 years ago has turned into daily contemplation. Our state does not have the executive leadership that it needs and I'd like to change that. Until we have someone to vote for who actively supports our rights and takes part in our activities, I do not believe that we will see the real changes that we want. Seriously, do you think I'd have a chance? Can we all get the job done?

D. Morgan

Mr. Morgan -

Start with something smaller like city council, county council, or state representative and grow from there.

Everybody wants to run for a statewide office or congress, but that's an extremely difficult lift, even if you can self-fund. Like it or not, the system is mostly controlled by the two major political parties and monied interests. Unless you have a few million bucks you can throw in your campaign it's not a good idea yet.

PM me and we can go over how to make you a legitimate campaign plan and build your way up from the local level.

- Phil

This. First you are a school board member. Then city council member, the city council president, then state representative, then governor. If you want to be Governor, you need to be a lifetime politician. You aren't Donald Trump.

Fri May 18, 2018 1:57 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

snozzberries wrote:
This. First you are a school board member. Then city council member, the city council president, then state representative, then governor. If you want to be Governor, you need to be a lifetime politician. You aren't Donald Trump.

Well, no . . . but I will say that Dana is unique enough that he might just have a shot at it. I've got a feeling that he could do a pretty good job of straddling the party lines and getting support from both sides.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri May 18, 2018 6:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Other than firearms/hunting, I haven't seen much of his positions.... I think he needs to make those clear...

Fri May 18, 2018 6:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

D,
My gut feeling is that you and I likely see eye to eye on most areas of common interest. If that turns out to be the case, I'll back you with time, labor, encouragement, and moral support. You know this move will cut into your hunting/shooting/guns/etc. time?

Nobody has mentioned the most obvious factor in a decision like this. While it is none of my business,
I have to assume that you have the blessing of your lovely YL for this caliber decision. Without that, you're sunk at the docks. With that as a given, I certainly believe you have the temperament, and proven ability to commit to and complete objectives. Don't let the bastards wear you down. Good luck.

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Fri May 18, 2018 8:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You might want to meet with Phil Fortunato. He has recent experience, and is a shooter.

Fri May 18, 2018 8:34 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Get chummy with the war chest holders and know the names of the donors. You will need $10M.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA

Sat May 19, 2018 6:05 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just because it hasn't been done, doesn't mean it can't be done. Break the mold. Now!

Sat May 19, 2018 6:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
Just because it hasn't been done, doesn't mean it can't be done. Break the mold. Now!

:thumbsup2:

Dana, you are the one who can.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

They can have my gun, when they have given up all of theirs.

Personally, I'd like to see cops kill fewer people, and the courts kill more of them.~snozzberries
The big takeaway is that PETA now has more mass shooters than the NRA. ~RocketScott

Sat May 19, 2018 8:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next