Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:19 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Question regarding catch record card 

I'm waiting on my catch record card in the mail. Before it gets here, I'd really like to fish for trout and bass in some of the streams and rivers around here. My question is: Am I allowed to fish in waters that may possibly contain salmon and steelhead before I get my card, or will I get ticketed? Or am I permitted to fish as long as I release any species that require you to fill a catch record card?

Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

from the top of page 8 of the regs:

The Catch Record Card is an important management tool for estimating the recreational catch of sturgeon, steelhead, salmon, halibut, and Puget Sound
Dungeness crab. A catch record card must be in your possession to fish for these species. Washington Administrative Code (WAC 220-56-175, WAC
220-69-236) requires all kept sturgeon, steelhead, salmon, halibut, and Puget Sound Dungeness Crab to be recorded on your Catch Record
Card, and requires all anglers to return their fish Catch Record Card by April 30, or for Dungeness crab by the date indicated on the card, even
if nothing is caught or you did not fish. Please use the instruction sheet issued with your card. Please return Catch Record Cards to: WDFW CRC
UNIT, PO BOX 43142, Olympia WA 98504-3142.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMC wrote:
I'm waiting on my catch record card in the mail. Before it gets here, I'd really like to fish for trout and bass in some of the streams and rivers around here. My question is: Am I allowed to fish in waters that may possibly contain salmon and steelhead before I get my card, or will I get ticketed? Or am I permitted to fish as long as I release any species that require you to fill a catch record card?

You can fish just can't keep anything you need a catch record for.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]