Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:57 am


Vote NO 1639
NO on 1639 Fundraiser - $16,631
 
$0 YOU RAISED $16,631!!!
Vote NO 1639
Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms I5 Guns & Ammo Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar





Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Plane stolen from Seatac 
Author Message
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Melmac (County of Pierce)
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011
Posts: 8892
Real Name: Gordon Shumway
golddigger14s wrote:
Just like military vehicles, no keys. We used to run a length of chain around the steering wheel, very ghetto.


ooga booga!
Attachment:
lock-chain.jpg


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
The only good cat is a stir-fried cat
DGM33 wrote:
That's quite the nut sack you have there!


Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:21 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Montesano, WA
Joined: Thu Sep 6, 2012
Posts: 5700
Real Name: Dan
danoh wrote:
Just a few observations.... A few.

1. I don't give a flying fuck about the punk. Ya wanna kill yerself? Have at it. I'll be honest. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often with aircraft. However MOST small aircraft need keys to unlock and start. Locks on a small plane are generally worthless. Those don't slow me down at all. Starting the engine, is a whole different ball game. No keys, no start. Might be a shock to you all, but airliners don't have keys for ANY reason. Never have, never will.

2. I'm extremely happy that no one else appeared to be injured by this idiot.

3. When I first got into Aviation in 1975, Small aircraft was continuously being stolen. to be hacked for parts, drug running, all kinds of reasons. Repo's don't count in my book. Then as time went on, aircraft didn't seem to get stolen anymore. I can't remember the last time a customer of mine had a plane stolen. It's been that quiet......

4. Now that this has happened, I'm sure all of us in Aviation is going to be required to submit to an phycobabble interview by an (local) FAA Inspector, that's not qualified for such things. Great just great. My Airport Manager will probally shut my gates again, and prevent customers from reaching my office...... You know... in the interest of Public Safety?

5. What the fuck was the controllers in the tower at Sea-Tac were doing? Reading a book??? An airport such as Sea-Tac, the ENTIRE grounds is "positive controlled airspace", I believe. You can start the engines, and no one would notice....... Meaning no aircraft can move without authorization from the Tower. As soon as the aircraft was moving, the controllers should have noted it, and sent the airport deputies out. Take the nose wheel out, if necessary.

6. Do I win the Monday Night Quarterbacking Award? I'm guessing there will be a few that'l take exception to what I posted.


ATC hater


Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:37 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Lake Tapps or Lakeside, Montana
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015
Posts: 3632
Real Name: Brian
TechnoWeenie wrote:
'I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue'...

Surely, you can't be serious?

_________________
GENTLEMEN! You cannot fight in here! This is a War room!


Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:29 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Seattle Area
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012
Posts: 348
In fairness to number 5 and ground control, the east maintenance ramp is uncontrolled unless you cross the double line. Once he crossed the lines, he was probably on the runway in less than a minute. Might even have been an intersection departure, so even less.

The media is losing its mind. Any credentialed person with knowledge could do this. When repositioning, there's usually only one person on board. What are they going to do, make everyone work in pairs at all times? If someone is determined, they will find a way.


Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:58 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Ruston
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011
Posts: 59
sportsdad60 wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
'I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue'...

Surely, you can't be serious?

Does anyone here speak Jive?

_________________
RULE 303


Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:55 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Delaware County, PA
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012
Posts: 4223
Richard Russell is a glorious soul! 8/10 shall be named Beebo Day where people fly RC Q-400s, do barrel rolls, and loops all while raising a glass in his memory. He's one of the GOATs of the century.

Gary Beck is trying real hard not to crack a smile or smirk because he has a certain level of admiration for what Richard pulled off in the Q400.


_________________
RENCORP wrote:
594 is a worthless pinch of coon shit feel good lib tard rainbow skittle shitting unicorn rama lama ding dong zipper head National Enquirer type of quality law making.


Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:27 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Sea-Tuk
Joined: Wed Oct 5, 2011
Posts: 2527
Eddie Dean wrote:
Richard Russell is a glorious soul! 8/10 shall be named Beebo Day where people fly RC Q-400s, do barrel rolls, and loops all while raising a glass in his memory. He's one of the GOATs of the century.

Gary Beck is trying real hard not to crack a smile or smirk because he has a certain level of admiration for what Richard pulled off in the Q400.



Saved lives?

They didn’t convince him to do shit, he knew what he wanted to do and how it was going to end. This guy didn’t sound off his rocker on the comms at all.

He did exactly what folks here wanted “krazy ppl” to do: take himself out alone and not cost taxpayers money on a drawn put judicial process along with hots and a cot.

_________________
Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.


Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:50 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Delaware County, PA
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012
Posts: 4223
UpDog wrote:
Eddie Dean wrote:
Richard Russell is a glorious soul! 8/10 shall be named Beebo Day where people fly RC Q-400s, do barrel rolls, and loops all while raising a glass in his memory. He's one of the GOATs of the century.

Gary Beck is trying real hard not to crack a smile or smirk because he has a certain level of admiration for what Richard pulled off in the Q400.



Saved lives?

They didn’t convince him to do shit, he knew what he wanted to do and how it was going to end. This guy didn’t sound off his rocker on the comms at all.

He did exactly what folks here wanted “krazy ppl” to do: take himself out alone and not cost taxpayers money on a drawn put judicial process along with hots and a cot.


I think Beck was trying not to smile since he got a secret kick out of the barrel roll and loop Russell did without crashing. I think he was confident in the maneuvers because, in the end, he didn't care if he could do it or not. Just wanted to see if it could be done before purposely crashing it.

_________________
RENCORP wrote:
594 is a worthless pinch of coon shit feel good lib tard rainbow skittle shitting unicorn rama lama ding dong zipper head National Enquirer type of quality law making.


Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:52 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Marysville, WA
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011
Posts: 11298
Real Name: Mike
When I was in the service we used to secure our vehicles with a $3 Master padlock and the key was kept in the logbook. Jeeps and Trucks worth only a few thousand bucks each.

Now here we have a 30 Million dollar plane just sitting there for the taking as long as someone knows the starting procedure. Apparently not just pilots and mechanics do.

Just think how much Alaska Airlines could have saved if they'd sprung for an interlock that required an ID card and PIN to begin the startup procedure. Surely there is a master switch or it's equivalent that is shut off when the plane is "parked".

As for his being shot down? Sorry conspiracy theory fanatics, it appears that he ran the sucker out of "gas". I don't believe they fuel these baby's until the pilot has done his load and flight time calc's then ordered a fuel truck.

Wonder how long it will be before someone else tries this only with a bigger plane. Millions of dollars of aircraft all without an "Ignition Key". Hell, my dad's Stinson Voyager even had one of those.

_________________
"I've learned from the Dog that an afternoon nap is a good thing"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare


Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:57 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Auburn, WA
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011
Posts: 10687
Real Name: Rick
deadshot2 wrote:
When I was in the service we used to secure our vehicles with a $3 Master padlock and the key was kept in the logbook. Jeeps and Trucks worth only a few thousand bucks each.

Now here we have a 30 Million dollar plane just sitting there for the taking as long as someone knows the starting procedure. Apparently not just pilots and mechanics do.

Just think how much Alaska Airlines could have saved if they'd sprung for an interlock that required an ID card and PIN to begin the startup procedure. Surely there is a master switch or it's equivalent that is shut off when the plane is "parked".

As for his being shot down? Sorry conspiracy theory fanatics, it appears that he ran the sucker out of "gas". I don't believe they fuel these baby's until the pilot has done his load and flight time calc's then ordered a fuel truck.

Wonder how long it will be before someone else tries this only with a bigger plane. Millions of dollars of aircraft all without an "Ignition Key". Hell, my dad's Stinson Voyager even had one of those.

You can bet your last nickel there will be copy cats.

_________________
Just leave me alone.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
Samuel Adams


Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:14 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Spanaway, WA
Joined: Sun Sep 7, 2014
Posts: 4813
Doubt that plane was designed for barrel rolls...

https://streamable.com/n3w3a

Reminds me of the 9/11 truthers that claim that planes cannot do extraordinary things (the truthers claim that a plane cannot go 550mph at low altitude or the wings will sheer off and the plane will disintegrate), and that planes are too complicated for average people to fly them without decades of experience). Clearly, both untrue, as we just saw.

Yet again another clear defeat in the nonsense that planes are SOOOO complicated that the 9/11/01 terrorists couldn't fly them into towers (which would have been simple, by the way, straight lines hitting massive objects in line-of-sight from 50 miles out).

And of course planes are over-built to withstand far greater stresses than the "planes can't do that" brigade will have you believe. They will tell you a load of nonsense such as a plane at 1000 feet will disintegrate at 550mph. Obviously not true, given the barrel role you just witnessed on this video... over-built aircrafts to withstand extremely greater stresses.

_________________
I defend the 2A. US Army Combat Veteran and Paratrooper: OIF x4. BSM and MSM recipient. NRA Lifetime. Entertainment purposes only. I'm a lawyer, but have not offered you legal advice.


Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:17 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Auburn, WA
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011
Posts: 10687
Real Name: Rick
A friend of mine that is a retired UPS Capt. pilot has shared many stories with me. Enough to fill this thread for weeks.
It's a wonder he is still alive after hearing some of the stuff he's shared.
Most are just like driving on I5. Idiots not paying attention to the fully loaded 18 wheeler headed straight for you.
Boeing planes are built! Like stated above, overbuilt... on purpose. Yeah, that was a Bombardier but still overbuilt. They have to be.

_________________
Just leave me alone.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
Samuel Adams


Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:28 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Auburn, WA
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011
Posts: 10687
Real Name: Rick
Random thought here but if you don't have any way of locking the plane or no ignition key, will the insurance have to pay out on this?
:bonghit:

_________________
Just leave me alone.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
Samuel Adams


Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:41 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Lawton, OK
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011
Posts: 13007
Real Name: Chuck
A lot of things are rated to do X, but can really handle Z. I wonder if the blue stuff splashed out of the toilet? :bigsmile: :wink05:

_________________
http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
"Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux


Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:07 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Duvall
Joined: Sun Jan 6, 2013
Posts: 14321
Real Name: Limbo
golddigger14s wrote:
A lot of things are rated to do X, but can really handle Z. I wonder if the blue stuff splashed out of the toilet? :bigsmile: :wink05:


Did Steve design the shitter?

_________________
I'm a breadivore.


Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BadKarma, Free Boer, Guns4Liberty, hkcavalier, leadcounsel, lionhrt, old11bravo, quantsuff, roadtechatlarge, Sinus211, Soldier_Citizen, SporkBoy, WaJim and 56 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum



Rent Me Pintos NRA SAF CCKRBA
Aldersons e-arms.com


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.
[ Time : 0.792s | 16 Queries | GZIP : On ]