Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:22 am

Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms I5 Guns & Ammo Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Washington State FAQ's on Gun Carry 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Brehmeyer wrote:
I know this may seem silly to ask but I was wondering. When someone decides to open carry are you allowed to have it loaded while you open carry or are you only allowed to have the mag in the gun and are only allowed to have it loaded if you have your cpl as well?

And yes, you are allowed to have it loaded while open carrying....since nobody answered that question directly.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks guys it really helps cause I wasn't getting straight answers from other people I know I figured I would ask on here. I had a few people say you can and a lot say you cannot unless you have a cpl

Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Brehmeyer wrote:
Thanks guys it really helps cause I wasn't getting straight answers from other people I know I figured I would ask on here. I had a few people say you can and a lot say you cannot unless you have a cpl

Just remember if you are OC loaded and don't have a CPL, your gun can NOT be loaded in a vehicle (car, bus etc.)

Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
Brehmeyer wrote:

Just remember if you are OC loaded and don't have a CPL, your gun can NOT be loaded in a vehicle (car, bus etc.)

UNLESS you are participating in one of the activities listed in RCW 9.41.060, esp section 8

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.060

Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:12 pm

here's a question for you, I am an unarmed security guard (as defined by my license) in the state of WA, does that preclude me from using my cpl to carry concealed while at work?

Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes. It's somewhere in the regulations. Can't find it now, saw it when considering starting a PI firm.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

kf7mjf wrote:
Yes. It's somewhere in the regulations. Can't find it now, saw it when considering starting a PI firm.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=18.170.170

"(6) Carrying a firearm in the performance of his or her duties if not the holder of a valid armed private security guard license, or carrying a firearm not meeting the provisions of this chapter while in the performance of his or her duties;"

Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:26 am

A good addendum to this: Guidelines/FAQs on where shooting on public land is legal.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:39 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

v0latyle wrote:
A good addendum to this: Guidelines/FAQs on where shooting on public land is legal.

Welcome to WaGuns, Shadyn. :wavey:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
kf7mjf wrote:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=18.170.170

"(6) Carrying a firearm in the performance of his or her duties if not the holder of a valid armed private security guard license, or carrying a firearm not meeting the provisions of this chapter while in the performance of his or her duties;"

Old question, but it wasn’t here back when I was doing research years ago trying to find the same answer. I’m gonna add to it in case anyone else comes along looking
for it.

“Unprofessional Conduct” will cost you your security license. OC while in uniform, without an “armed guard” endorsement may very well get you arrested for impersonating a Police Officer. As ridiculous as it may be.....after all, there is no distinction in uniform between an armed, or unarmed security guard.

Armed security guards operate under the same laws, and with the same authority as any other armed citizen. I.E.; the right of self defense, or defense of others upon deadly threat. They have no special privileges or legal protection as sworn officers of the law. The purpose of the “armed guard” qualifications are primarily to drill that into your head. A gun doesn’t represent authority, but rather responsibility and capability.

All that being said....
Carrying concealed is carrying concealed. My life is worth far more to me than my job ever was. Losing a $12 per hr job meant pretty much nothing stacked up against the ability to defend myself with deadly force, if confronted with deadly force. Just be aware that if you ever had to use that weapon, you might well face even more scrutiny than someone without a uniform...and you are gonna have to find a new line of work when all is said and done.

Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3