Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:22 am


Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms I5 Guns & Ammo Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar



Forum rules


Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.



Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Washington State FAQ's on Gun Carry 
Author Message
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Zip code EIEIO aka Mattawa
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012
Posts: 949
Real Name: Scott
Brehmeyer wrote:
I know this may seem silly to ask but I was wondering. When someone decides to open carry are you allowed to have it loaded while you open carry or are you only allowed to have the mag in the gun and are only allowed to have it loaded if you have your cpl as well?

And yes, you are allowed to have it loaded while open carrying....since nobody answered that question directly.

_________________
Murphy was an optimist.
Darwin Awards are earned by far more than are actually awarded.


Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:03 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Lacey
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014
Posts: 203
Real Name: Cody brehmeyer
Thanks guys it really helps cause I wasn't getting straight answers from other people I know I figured I would ask on here. I had a few people say you can and a lot say you cannot unless you have a cpl


Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:09 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Unincorporated King County
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012
Posts: 7140
Brehmeyer wrote:
Thanks guys it really helps cause I wasn't getting straight answers from other people I know I figured I would ask on here. I had a few people say you can and a lot say you cannot unless you have a cpl


Just remember if you are OC loaded and don't have a CPL, your gun can NOT be loaded in a vehicle (car, bus etc.)


Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:24 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Kentucky
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011
Posts: 1550
Real Name: M1Gunr
ANZAC wrote:
Brehmeyer wrote:
Thanks guys it really helps cause I wasn't getting straight answers from other people I know I figured I would ask on here. I had a few people say you can and a lot say you cannot unless you have a cpl


Just remember if you are OC loaded and don't have a CPL, your gun can NOT be loaded in a vehicle (car, bus etc.)



UNLESS you are participating in one of the activities listed in RCW 9.41.060, esp section 8

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.060


Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:12 pm
Profile
User avatar

Location: fredrickson (near spanaway/tacoma)
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011
Posts: 341
here's a question for you, I am an unarmed security guard (as defined by my license) in the state of WA, does that preclude me from using my cpl to carry concealed while at work?

_________________
Legend, Lover, Hero


Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:35 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Olympia
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011
Posts: 16044
Real Name: Steve
Yes. It's somewhere in the regulations. Can't find it now, saw it when considering starting a PI firm.

_________________
"I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said." - William Buckley, Jr.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins


Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:05 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Unincorporated King County
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012
Posts: 7140
kf7mjf wrote:
Yes. It's somewhere in the regulations. Can't find it now, saw it when considering starting a PI firm.


http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=18.170.170

"(6) Carrying a firearm in the performance of his or her duties if not the holder of a valid armed private security guard license, or carrying a firearm not meeting the provisions of this chapter while in the performance of his or her duties;"


Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:26 am
Profile
User avatar

Location: Auburn
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017
Posts: 1
Real Name: Shadyn
A good addendum to this: Guidelines/FAQs on where shooting on public land is legal.


Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:39 pm
Profile
Online
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Renton, WA
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011
Posts: 34227
Real Name: Steve
v0latyle wrote:
A good addendum to this: Guidelines/FAQs on where shooting on public land is legal.


Welcome to WaGuns, Shadyn. :wavey:

_________________
Steve

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.


Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:48 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Grapeview
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013
Posts: 825
Real Name: Jeremy
ANZAC wrote:
kf7mjf wrote:
Yes. It's somewhere in the regulations. Can't find it now, saw it when considering starting a PI firm.


http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=18.170.170

"(6) Carrying a firearm in the performance of his or her duties if not the holder of a valid armed private security guard license, or carrying a firearm not meeting the provisions of this chapter while in the performance of his or her duties;"


Old question, but it wasn’t here back when I was doing research years ago trying to find the same answer. I’m gonna add to it in case anyone else comes along looking
for it.

“Unprofessional Conduct” will cost you your security license. OC while in uniform, without an “armed guard” endorsement may very well get you arrested for impersonating a Police Officer. As ridiculous as it may be.....after all, there is no distinction in uniform between an armed, or unarmed security guard.

Armed security guards operate under the same laws, and with the same authority as any other armed citizen. I.E.; the right of self defense, or defense of others upon deadly threat. They have no special privileges or legal protection as sworn officers of the law. The purpose of the “armed guard” qualifications are primarily to drill that into your head. A gun doesn’t represent authority, but rather responsibility and capability.

All that being said....
Carrying concealed is carrying concealed. My life is worth far more to me than my job ever was. Losing a $12 per hr job meant pretty much nothing stacked up against the ability to defend myself with deadly force, if confronted with deadly force. Just be aware that if you ever had to use that weapon, you might well face even more scrutiny than someone without a uniform...and you are gonna have to find a new line of work when all is said and done.

_________________
.
Women scare me - all soft and playful on the outside, all berserker Ragnarok killing machines upstairs in the control room.
Rencorp .


Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:44 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum



Rent Me Pintos NRA SAF CCKRBA
Aldersons e-arms.com


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.
[ Time : 0.777s | 14 Queries | GZIP : On ]